CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN

Claire turned on her side and reached the other side of the bed. She slowly opened her eyes and sighed and she was right, it was empty again. As their wedding is fast approaching she noticed Alex was so busy for these past few days. He just always explained to her, that he needs to personally took care the opening of the new branch of La Montero Mall.

She was woken by shrill, urgent ring of the telephone. She squinted at the bedside clock and fumbled by the reciever. It was nearly seven- thirty and she realized she'd overslept again. She must have forgotten to set the alarm last night when they came up to bed.

"Claire speaking." She fell back onto his pillow and smelled his scent, the reciever pressed to her ear.

She got tense as she heard Alex talk a little off on the phone.

"Sweetheart, what happened? What? I can't understand to what you're saying.

She sat up in bed, the covers pooling around her hips as she listened for a few seconds. "Alright, I'll be right there. You over work your body and now you're sick. Wait for me. Bye.

She immediately ended the call and tossed the phone on the bed. She stood and walked to the nearby closet and got dressed.

She finished dressing in silence, and it took her five minutes after she headed to her car. She slid into the driver's seat and buckled up. And slowly drove to the heart of the busy city of New York, where the new La Montero Mall situated.

No more than twenty minutes had passed since Alex's call, when she pulled up in front to a gracious La Montero Mall. A uniform staffs, formally line up, and welcoming her with a grand entrance as soon she went out of her car.

"This way Ma'am." a tall skinny lady staff assisted her inside the mall. The mall still have no customers, and she noticed, no ones around except her, the skinny lady staff, and the other staffs who welcomes her outside.

Claire followed the lady staff, then she gasped when the light started to went off and change to a dim light as they entered to a huge fuction hall. When she turned to her side to asked the lady staff what they were doing there, the lady staff was gone.

She slowly walked inside, she heard a soft music from the distance. And at the center of the function hall, a man wearing a white suit charmingly smiled at her. A projector at the right corner flashed a random photos of them. She walked closely and smiled while intently watching the slideshow. Most of the pictures are stolen shots, there's a picture that she was sleeping while he kissing her on her lips, while she was watching a television, while scrathing her underarm, while cooking and even she was taking a bath.

Then one certain picture flashed on the screen, a five years old of her, on her birthday, and a boy giving her brown teddy bear, then another picture of her when she was twelve years old, they were on a party and a boy with a black suit gave her a single stem of white roses and another picture of her eighteen birthday party, a man wearing a white suit like he was wearing today, seriously staring at her while she dancing with another man.

"Is that you all along?" she faced him, and carefully studied his face.

He smiled at her and nod, "I lost track of you when you went abroad for college. Then I also got busied with my studies and my driving career. Then when we crossed path again at Luke's office, I didn't realized it was you, you've change a lot, from a healthy teenager to a very sexy lady, but my heart recognize you, that's why I always came to your office from time to time to check on you. But, when you showed us the real you at the business convention, then it hits me, that you're the young girl that I longed for, to see for the longest time.

"Oh, Alex." she got teary eyed and hugged him.

"I love you, Claire." he slowly kneeled in front of her. "Babe, please stay with me forever. Please don't change your mind to marry me." then he opened a box of diamond ring and put it in finger.

"I thought, you won't formally asked me to marry you." she laughed and helped him to stand up.

He lovingly hugged her. "I was planning to asked you for a long time, but my issues stop me for doing it."

She hugged him back and stared at him. "I love you too sweetheart, and yes I'll stay with you forever." then hold his face and kissed him tenderly.

Then they watched again the slideshow at the projector.

"Oh my!" she laughed when more photos flashed on the projector. "You stalked on me! Where did you got those photos?"

Alex smoothened his nape and laughed. "Well, I stalked you when I'm not busy."

"Alex Montero! Serieously?" She laughed too.

He rose his two shoulder and kissed her forehead. "All along my parents knew that I have a thing on you. Thats maybe the reason why they agreed the arrange marriage to help me too."

"Hmm, nice move parents." she smiled at him.

He pinched her nose. "Let's go, I have something for you." then he lead her out of the function room.

They rode at the elevator going to the penthouse. They greeted with a warm atmosphere of the spacious penthouse. Everything here are made of glass even the walls, windows and the ceiling.

"Wow!" she can't help not to got amazed, and from where she was standing they can see the intire city of New York. "So this is why you're so busy for these past few days?"

"Hmmm, yes babe. Welcome to our new home. We'll stay here during the weekdays, so I can check on you from time to time. I can't work at peace if you're few kilometers away from me." he grabbed her hand and lead her inside their new home. "I closely monitored the finishing, so after our honeymoon we can already move in here.

The penthouse was fully furnished, the color of the tiles was a combination of beige and light blue, the furniture comes in black and a thick white curtains if they wanted to cover the glass wall.

"Come, I'll show you our room." he winked at her and lead her at the left side. "The opposite direction is going to the kitchen.

Their bedroom was all white, the bed and the side tables, including the mattress and even the cabinets.

"Amazing!" she felt like they we're in heaven.

"Yes, all white, I know you would love it." he smiled at her.

"Of course, I like white color, cause it looks clean." she faced him. "Thank you..."

"Anything for you babe." he smoothened her face and gave her a earth shattering kissed. "The bed looks cozy and comfty." he whispered and slowly bite the lower part of her ear.

She laughed. "Yes, I guess so, let's tried it."

Then he smiled, and carefully carried her to their bed.

She touched his face. "You make me so happy." she said quietly.

"I love you, you're mine, forever..." his eyes were warm, full of love.

"I know. I love you too, more and more every day and I'm yours, Sweetheart.

It had taken her a while to understand, to get past her fear, to believe him. But she'd gotten there in the end. And he'd been waiting for her with open arms. And now, whatever happened she will never let anyone stole her ideal dream man.

*The End*

To my amazing readers and supporters,

Thank you so much for giving me an inspiration to keep pushing to do well in my craft. I know I need to learn more so I can give you a better and the best stories. Your comments, and votes helped me a lot to motivates me to never stopped writing. Thank you guys.

Shoutout to: lanits95 @mollypet HoneyIgnacio2 alavie67 dollca11 @nnuruladawiah
marichylle thanks guys.😊😊😊

The next chapter will be the epilouge. Enjoy reading.

---Hanna Luna