CHAPTER SIXTEEN

"Truths that can change your life... bend...or break you... or maybe just change the way you think... or truth that makes you nod. There are different kind of truths. And some truths are truer than other truths. Like some loves are stronger than other loves."
—MyFirefly

"OKAY, WHAT IS UP WITH YOU COUZ?" Zid said the moment he sat in front of her table at Claire Jade Hotel.

Claire rubbed her fingertips over her temple.

"Here." she slammed the envelope on the table.

"Whoa! Easy Couz!" Zid laughed, then he slowly opened the envelope, his eyes got so wide. "Oh, my! You slept with the asshole Montero?" he teased. "My so demure cousin, she's finally got laid!" he laughed heartily.

She got up on her feet and walked around her office.

"That's not the problem! The problem is, who took those photos? Zid, I'm scared. What if those photos were circulated in a social medias anytime by now. You need to help me to find the person who took that pictures. Pay them as long as we get the original copy." she's a bit hysterical by now.

"Jade, it's not easy to stop this person who took these photos if they wanted to ruin your reputation. Let say we got the original, we cannot guarantee if that's the last copy they have. Nowadays, photos are so easy to be copied."  he seriously said.

She stopped from walking around and faced him.

"So, you mean to say? We cannot do anything about it?" she desperately sat back on her chair.

Zid, took a deep breathed and looked at her.

"I'll try to look the person who took those photos. Then let see what's gonna happen. For now, don't think too much." he smiled at her.

Zid just started to took a sip of his coffee when his mobile phone rings continuesly.

"Hey Bro what up? I'm with Jade right now." Zid answered his mobile phone cheerfully. "It's your brother." he whispered to her.

She nodded to him and shook her head while she pointed her fingers on the photos. He chuckled and nodded back to her.

"Alright, I got it! I won't intefere! Sure! No  problem."  He laughed. "You're hell as a brother!" Zid really enjoyed talking to his cousin. "Easy Bro! Bye!" he ended the call and smiled brightly at her.

She suspiciously looked at him.

"What about that?" she curiously asked.

"Well, your brother just asked me something." he wickedly smiled at her "Just a little favor." he chuckled and stood from his seat. "I gotta go! I keep you posted, don't worry. Alright?" he winked at her then went out of her office.

IT WAS NEARLY MIDNIGHT when Alex followed Claire's car home, parking in the street while she turned into the drive and disappeared around the back of the house to park in her carport. He locked  the Mesrati and made his way to the front door.

He jiggled his car keys as he knocked her door. No point lying to himself--he was nervous. The chink-chink of his car keys bouncing in his hand sounded loud in the still night air. He tensed as he heard Claire's footsteps approaching from inside the house.

The door opened, reavealing Claire in the golden glow of the hall light.

"Sorry, sleep won't wear me off, I need to see you." his hoarse baritone voice flinched her.

"What are you doing here?" she stared at his heated eyes.

Before she could say another word, he stepped forward and kissed her. There was a fraction of moment's hesitation, and then she was kissing him back, her fingers tangling in his hair as she pulled him closer.