CHAPTER FIFTEEN

It's not about who hurt you and broke you down, it's about who was always there to make you smile.
-lifeqoutesandsayings

He went back in New York, and instantly came to her office hoping that he gonna find her. He grabbed his mobile phone in his pocket when he found out, she were out of her office. Realization hits him, Claire don't wanna see him anymore, she don't want anything to do with him and she don't want to deal with him and his issues.

He'd lost his composure, he must need to find Claire the soonest. He's afraid of what she might be thinking about this newest scandal. He knows that she's hurting right now. Who wouldn't be? He got really furious at the mere thought of it. His mind flashing to the uncompromising pictures and videos circulating in the social medias.

He felt anger to himself, he didn't forseen this thing will gonna happen. He wouldn't mind this scandal if he haven't Claire in his life.

"Mart, any information about Miss Fontier?" his knotted face slightly wear down after he heard the good news coming from his Private Investigator. "Good! Stay there and wait for me!" he ended the call and hurriedly went out of his office.

ALEX  CLIMBED THE STEPS of the century-old house that serve as one of New York's best bed-and-breakfast. It was a gingerbread of a house, freshly painted a cool blue with a bright white trim. Lush ferns greeted visitors as they made their way unto the wide porch featuring rocking chairs and a porch swing.

He could hear the hum of the crowd, most of which likely filled the interior and the pristine backyards. No one on the front porch.

Except Claire.

She sat on the porch swing, looking as if someone had kicked her. Hard.

"Hey," he said, a little too loudly.

She started. "Oh, it's you."

"Yeah," he said, for want of anything clever to say. He stood there contemplating for something to say.

"How do you find me here?" she blankly looked at her.

"I have my ways." he sighed while studying her face.

She glanced away, she don't want to see his handsome face, she's in fear that the wall that she puts up between them will collapsed.

"Then, what are you doing here?" she simply said and leaned back, causing the swing to tilt.

"To see you." he shrugged.

Amusement twitched in her mouth and her gaze caught his.

"You already got what you want, now please let me have my peace." she lifted her eyebrows and  annoying looked at him.

Silence descended on the porch. He thought of what she said.

"I can't." He shook his head. He leaned forward and clasped his hand.

Then she looked up him. "You know, I don't want to deal anything about you. So please stay out of my way." her gaze narrowed to smolder and her pink tongue appreared at the corner of her plump lips, throwing gunpowder onto the fire.

"Babe..." he dragged his gaze over her fantasy body. He couldn't stop himself from looking at her.

"Stop, I don't wanna hear even a little thing about your women! So please leave me alone!" Her words were like a ice water, dousing a flickering flames with him.

"Please, at least have a benefit of the doubt. I won't ask you to totally believe in me, but wait until I can clear my name on this matter. Those videos and photos were taken a long ago." he looked at her asking her understanding.