CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

"Sometimes we just need to live for the small things; a smile, a hug or just the quiet company of a good person. Sometimes, that is enough."
--Jodi Sta.Maria

Alex stared at the closed door for a good three minutes before he quietly hold the door knob and carefully pushed it, while trying not to make any single sound. It took a couple of seconds before his vision adjust to the darkness of the room.

At the center of the bed, he could saw Claire, laying on her side facing to his direction. Her uneven breath, sent a thrilling sensation through his veins.

He could see himself, threading his hands in her hair, covering her fabulous lips with his own. He could imagine the heat that could radiate from them. He couldn't deny that he was lusting her.

He slowly strode toward the bed, and closely stared at her. An intense wave of desire crashed over him. Suddenly he felt the urge to taste her luscious lips.

The past few days without her, she made him like a hungry cave man that wanted to devoured her until he was satisfied.

He kissed her. She tasted divine.

"Alex." she groaned as his unijured hand move over her, sliding from her hip to her shoulder. "I'm just ďreaming, right?" she huskily whispered.

"Yes, you are." he replied.

Alex covered her, still cradling her head with his uninjured hand. His mouth was soft, yet demanding. She met his passion with that of her own, running her hands over his shoulder, down his back and back up to the scruffiness of his jaw. She allowed her fingers to move along his lean cheek, memorizing every detail.

"You seems so real." she murmured sleepily.

He worked his way from her mouth toward her ear.

"I always been real." he whispered.

She smiled and pulled him even harder to her, shifting the mood from sweet to searing. Alex tugged her nightie up, cupping her breast through the lacy bra. His thumb found her nipple as his mouth began a journey down her neck.

He struggled with her nightie because of his injured hand, so she lifted herself and yanked it over her head. Then she lay before him in the red lace bra and matching panties.

"Damn," he groaned, tracing on of her ribs with a single finger.

She inhaled and watched as his gaze devoured her flesh. He stroked her as if she were great treasure and he the fortunate one who'd discovered her.

"You're beautiful." He lowered his head to kiss her shoulder before working his way toward the edge of lace that held her breast. "You look like a gem that sparkling brightly at night.

"My name is one of a gem, that's why." she breathed, reaching for him, drawing his mouth to her.

He smiled against her lips before tasting her again.

"But you are much more a Jade. Hot, vivid and--" he tugged her hair. "clear-Claire."

She tugged his T-shirt from his waistband. "Make my dream like I wouldn't wish to wake up.

He pulled his shirt over his head and tossed it on the top of her abandoned one. She ran ran his fingers over his chest. He was magnificent. Tight, lean and tough.

"Very nice." she licked his collarbone.

"Ah, hell, don't do that." he grabbed her wrists with his uninjured hand and pinned them above her head. "Do you want me to come like a schoolboy in my shorts?"

"You're not wearing shorts."

But he wasn't paying attention to her words. His focus was on her body. His mouth blazed a trail over her skin, leaving fire in it's wake. He licked, suckled her through her bra and nipped sensitive spots along the way. Finally, he released her arms and unhooked the front clasp of her bra and her breasts popped free.