CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

"I think part of the reason why we hold on to something so tight is because we fear something so great won't happen twice."
--LoveQuotes/FB

Pregnant.

Claire blinked and looked again at the results written on a white paper then she leaned her head against the head board and stared at the ceiling. As much as she wanted to run away from Alex, she couldn't do it, there's a life growing inside her tummy that she needed to consider, a baby that needs the care of a mother and a father.

She been so tense she almost felt herself breaking into pieces. Her life just been in a topsy-turvy in just a blinked of her eyes, she doesn't like the changes, she getting used to live freely, but it doesn't mean that she didn't like her baby. One more thing, she didn't want Alex to be part of her life again, but she couldn't deny him for his right to their child. He knew Alex Montero, he will claim what rightfully his no matter what and he will included her to be his.

Funny. Right, it was hilarious.

What she needed was a plan. A plan that she can totally out of daredevil's wrath, she could tell him that she wanted to start over, go back to the beginning, as a boss of her company and he's a brother of her ex-employer. And just gave him a visitation right for their child, no more no less.

Claire's rear went to sleep as she sat there. She struggled to stand, then got into the shower, letting the hot water soothe her, rehearsing how she would tell him.

Nothing seems right.

When she was dressed she went downstair and found Mark sitting on the couch, the tree lights on. Dawn hadn't broken yet. He wore James flannel pajama bottoms that she provided for him and a tshirt and was barefoot. She wondered if his feet were cold.

Yesterday, after the doctor told them that she can freely go home, he rang Mark Solivan and told him that she needed a ride. Instantly he sent his private plane, and personally picked her up at the doorstep of Circle F.

They arrived late and tired so she asked him to stay for a night.

"Have you been there all night?" she asked, coming up beside him.

"No." He looked up at her and smiled. "You're early, too." he said.

"Just can't sleep." She sat at the end of the sofa.

"I've been thinking," he said, looking at her interntly.

"Uh-oh"

"Claire, I know it's too early for us. But," he paused.

She deeply looked at him. "Too early for what?

"Bussiness partner. Living together. I wanted to marry you Claire. I know marriage is out of your things right now but I promise that you could do anything you want even we're already married, I will support whatever you wishes. We're going to manage our businesses and home lives so that everyone is comfortable." he seriously stared at her.

"Mark, I wish I do." she shook her head. "At this moment, I couldn't explain the reasons why I decline your offer, but it's so unfair to you if I would accept your proposal."

"Think about it Claire, whatever your reason, I'm just right here if you're ready to take me in. I'll wait for you." He flashed a warmest smile.

"Thank you." she smiled at him, too.

"I thought we could go somewhere for dinner tonight, just us, away from distraction and stress."

She was just saying yes to his invitation when the door bell rang.

"Looks like everyone's an early bird today." Claire said, getting up. She stopped next to him. "Let me get this first." then she walked to opened the door.