CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Pity for those who are blinded by their greatness. Pity for those who couldn't realize their mistakes even after so many years. Pity for those who are very convinced that their mistakes were right, just and good. Pity for those who just only knows how to broke someone's heart.
---MatapangPuso

"HOLY SHIT!" Lucas and James both cursed. And immediately pushed their parents to back away from entering the room.

Alex immediately grabbed the blanket and covered Claire nude body and annoyingly looked at the two intruder. While Claire secure herself in the protection of the white thick comforter.

"What's everybody doing in here at this late, late hours? Luke! James?" Alex accusingly looked at them.

James were the first one took the honor to replied his questions.

"Oh! Because of those photos. Our parents got hysterical the moment they saw those scandalous photos." James stammered and wickedly stared at Lucas.

Alex shook his head, and intently looked at them.

"Then, why everybody came rushing inside the bedroom!"

Both Lucas and James chuckled while looking their furrowed expression.

"Well, whose fault is that? We heard a loud moaning and whimpering, we thought something happened to Claire! Sorry Bro! Wear something decent and come outside, before Mom got a heart attack." Lucas looked at his younger brother nude body and laughed heartily, then went out of the bedroom.

"You too Claire Jade! Gosh!" James shook his head then also went out of the bedroom.

"CLAIRE JADE, ARE YOU listening to me?"
Imposible not too, considering her mother's loud and persistent voice.

"Yes, Mom, I hear you," she said, never taking her gaze from the floor. "Will you calm down, please? If you don't, we're going to be deaf."

"Well, are you aware on what we're seeing earlier?" her mother loud voice made her flinched.

Oh, for the love of-- Claire took a deep sighed and stared at her mother. Her mother Crystal, wore a pink designer suit with pearls and look ready to appear as a grand dame in a soap opera. Overkill.

Crystal's preference for dramatic show clothes that lead Claire to her own understated elegance style. Given her height, the last thing she needed was to stand out even more because of she wore. "Mom, please don't make it a big deal. I'm already at my right ages." she took a deep breathed and looked sideways to Alex's handsome unreadable facial expressions.

In a mere second, Alex grabbed Claire's hands asking her permission to let him handle the situation. He's the man and he won't let her parents to be disappointed with her.

"Family, everybody..." he sighed. "I love her, I love Claire. I take the responsabilities on what's happened to us. I'm going to marry Claire." he looked at his parents and then to Mr. Fontier. "Sir, please give me a permission to marry your daughter." he pleaded and looked to Mrs. Fontier." Ma'am."

James and Lucas stood from the couch and walked toward the kitchen, they both stared on each other and weirdly laughing on something that they're only can understand.

"I'm not yet ready." she wiped a hand over her face. "Alex, please... I don't want to get married yet. I have so many things that I wanted to do. And to get married is the last thing in my mind." she shuddered at the mere thought of being a wife.

"We'd take it slow, Claire." he murmured. "I'll let you do whatever you want even we're already married." Alex's mouth tilted down at corners.

Their parents looked so bothered on the flow of their conversation. Seems they're expecting the positive outcome.