CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

"Never get rid of the person who understands you more than anyone else."
--LoveQuotes/Fb

Claire woke up, very aware of the heavy, warm weight of a male arm wrapped around her. Her first impulse was to roll away, to push him away as she remembered Alex was lying beside her.

She let out the breath she'd been holding and tried to enjoy listening his steady breathing, remembering last night.

At first she thought it was a dream but when she realized it was not she already in the midst of pleasure, and that was hard to taken aback so she just go with a flow.

And she'd survived. Lying in his arms in the morning after, she had no regrets. Not a single one. But it had never been the sex she'd worried about. It was what came after the sex that scared the hell out of her.

Alex stirred behind her, drawing her closer. She tensed. Even though she knew it was completely irrational, she still felt hemmed in and soffocated. She needed some breathing room.

Moving slowly, she eased Alex's arm from around her waist and rolled away from him. She padded quietly into her room and shut the door.

She took care of business, then washed her face, wishing she could control herself last night. She studied her face in the mirror. She looked tired, her mouth a little swollen. Her eyes were anxious.

Worried.

She pulled her hair back from her face and took a deep breath, letting out. She reminded herself that their relationship was new and fresh, but already tainted by his unfaithfulness and lies.

These were always she needs to remember, once a womanizer always a womanizer.

Drying her face, she opened the door and walked to her closet and dressed for her office attire, ready to slip into the room.

"Aren't you the sneaky one?" Alex was propped against the pillows with his hand behind his head, his hair mussed, his eyes heavy from sleep. He looked warm and sexy and interested, his gaze roaming over her body.

"Good Morning." she glanced at him, never bothered to answer his question.

She feel an instinctive desire by just looking at him. Last night, she ogled him shamelessly and he'd done his little catwalk thing, but she didn't feel nearly brave in a cold light of day.

Somehow she resisted the impulse to scuttle into the bed. Instead she squared her shoulders and looked him in the eye. "Would you like a coffee?"

He dragged his gaze to her face, looking rather gratifyingly distracted.

"You should maybe tell me where would you go in this too early in the morning." he said, his tone bordering on the reverential.

She lifted her chin, even as her confidence skyrocketed. "Why do I need to tell you where would I go?"

He flipped the quilt back on the empty side of the bed. "Come back to bed and I'll show you something that would worthy than going somewhere."

"Make a girl an offer she can't refuse, why don't you.

She approached the bed, aware of him watching her every move with focused avidity. There was so much admiration and lust in his gaze that it was impossible for her not to be flattered. She climbed onto the bed and begun to crawl toward him. His eyelids dropped to half-mast as he watch her gently swaying her breast.

"You didn't have plans for today, did you? he asked as drew closer.

"Nothing concrete, but I still do remember your mistakes, and you're still not forgiven." she said in a serious tone then she went out of her room. Leaving him dumbfounded.