CHAPTER THIRTEEN

"We all have to accept defeat. In your case, defeat means moving on."
-MyFirefly

One and a half hour later, Claire entered to one of the prominent restaurant in New York City. Wearing her new purchased white sleeveless body hugging dress, and a black Prada shoes. She's like a smokin hot model who paraded in a long catwalk runway. Most of the men turned their heads as she sexily walked towards their reserve table.

She glared at Mark, noticing the way his eyes with amusement he couldn't hide from the moment she stood in front of him

She glared at Mark, noticing the way his eyes with amusement he couldn't hide from the moment she stood in front of him. A smile curled her lips the way he reacts in her presence.

"Come on, don't look at me like that." she shook her head and smiled to him.

"You're so beautiful..." his gazed meet hers, not hiding his admiration towards her.

"Thank you." she forced a smile.

Mark reserved a romantic dinner for them. The ambiance were obviously designed for the lovers.

"Have a seat" He stood and offered her a seat, his eyes still on hers.

She closed her eyes and exhaled a deep breath, before she sat. She hopes that dating with Mark Solivan can really eradicate her feelings toward Alex Montero.

The waiter delivered their food a few minutes ago, she just go with salad and ice tea while Mark settled for steak and wine.

They chatted mostly about business over dinner. She discovered that he is very passionate in everything about business. Being a sole heir, he devoted most of his time handling their shipping lines. She realized that they have a lots in common. Their life, revolved in business.

"Jade..." Mark called.

He is so handsome with his black tux. This man was taller and definitely a broader.

"What?" she stiffened when she heard him calling her name.

"I asked you, if you like a dessert?" he widely smiled at her. "A penny for your thoughts? Seems you're daydreaming." he teased.

"Oh?" she felt stupid for being out of her mind. He captivated her by his huge knowledge on business. He's like a professor in college giving her a lectures, so fascinating and entertaining.

"A blueberry cake or a blueberry muffin? Maybe? I heard that they were your favorites." He smiled. He lifted an eyebrow when he looked at her.

She stared at him. So surprised by his statement.

"Wow! Oh, yes please!" she laughed.

"Don't get me wrong, I'll just do a little reseach." Mark explained, keeping his voice as low.

"It's alright... it's nothing. Really." she amusingly smiled to him. She took a drink, the remaining of her ice tea. A giggle burst out of her, he looks like a thief who caught on the act. She glanced at Mark to find him watching her.