CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

"If you really care for her , then show her. There's no need to play games with her heart and learn something that you'll need regretting. Remember of the greatest blessing is having a good woman in your life."
--LoveLifeQuotes

THE NEXT MONTH SLIPPED through Claire's fingers like water. She spent every day working with Lucas, and at night had a long conversation with Alex through the phone. Alex were busy with his driving career.  He continued to call her on the nights they weren't together, he sent her emails, he made love to her with a single-minded devotion that never failed to drive her wild

He was perfect, Not one, not by a slip of a tongue or a sideways glance or hesitation, did he let on that he wanted more from her than she was willing to give, and yet the sense that  there was something looming over on the horizon--a crisis, a reckoning, an ultimatum--keep going inside her.

She told herself that when a flash point came  she had to be prepared, to the nature of his career there were no doubt that wider issues will always came around. With his good looks and fame, women will kept at bay.

She was waiting for his call while eating pizza in front of the television watching CSI and trying to keep awake but afterward she fell asleep.

And she was woken by the shrill, urgent ring of the telephone.

She squinted at the bed side clock and fumbled for the receiver. It was nearly seven-thirty and she realized she'd overslept. She must forgotten to set the alarm last night when she came up to bed.

"Claire speaking." Se fell back onto her pillow, the receiver pressed to her ear.

Her body got tense as she heard the sound of someone shouting on the phone.

"Dione, calm down. Take a deep breath. I can't understand what you're saying.

She sat up in bed, the covers pooling around her hips as she listened for a few seconds. "Are you sure Di? Okey, okey. No, it must be a rumor again. Alright, I'll check it.

She ended the call and immediately browse the social medias. And she felt being slapped on the hot issues circulating around. Alex caught with a sexy celebrity designer last night at the bar while having an intimate conversation.

The photos that were taken last night seems they have a romantic relationship, the way their eyes staring back each other there were something deep--intense sparked, their smile had a meaning and their bodies were too close to each other while they were seated at the darker side of the bar.

She also browsed his social media account and it got bombered too, for so many questions. He were also a twitter top trending topic- hashtag 

#TheDaredevilNewestLove.

A pang of pain impaled to her heart while staring at the photos. And a tears slowly running to her face.

"So, this is why you forgot to call me last night?" she whispered.

She send him a text as she flung off the covers and crossed to her closet. Then she got her LV suitcase and laid it on the floor, pulled all her important things including her laptop.

She tossed the phone on the bed once she done packing. She finished  dressing in silence, she grabbed her suitcase and headed on the stairs.

She took a deep breath while looking around, double checking the security alarm, then went out of her house.

She slid into the driver's seat and she buckled up then fisted her mobile phone. She left Lucas a text message stating her indefinite leave and called Dione while she drove to the airport.