CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

"I control my emotions pretty well, but when you come around they are all over the place."
"LoveQuotes/FB

Lorraine Montero continued to sob, Lucas reached out and grabbed a fistful of tissues from the box on the counter and pressed them to his mother. Lorraine took them without saying a word and Lucas rested his hand on her shoulder while she attempted to gather herself.

They were patiently waiting inside the excutive suite of Manhattan Hospital, hopeful for Alex successful surgery.

"Mom, he will be fine." Lucas said reassuringly.

Lorraine just nodded but she continued to sob.

"Here." Randolf said as he passed a glass of water and sat beside his wife.

Athena stared to Lucas, and smiled. She's so proud of her husband on how cool he handled their family crisis.

"I rang Claire for many times but my calls just transfered to her voicemail." she whispered to Lucas. "Do you think she already know what was happened to Alex?"

Lucas sighed and smiled to his wife. "I think so, with these social medias, news spread in a mere second."

"You're right, but the question is, would Claire came back and let slide Alex's recent issue, just because of this accident?" she grabbed Lucas right hand and brought it to her lips. "Relax Sweetheart you look so tense."

"Mrs. Montero, not now." Lucas chuckled, the he sat up straight. "Let's hope, Claire would forgive Alex. For sure my brother really wants to see her.

"You're probably right, we've known Claire as a fair person. She'll definitely forgive Alex." she laid her head to his shoulder.

Lucas hooked his arm around her neck, drawing her close and dropping a kiss onto her mouth. "Thank you for having me again, even I hurt you pretty badly." he looked at her with so much love.

A faint screech sound filtered into the room, they glanced over their shoulder toward the door, two medical attendant emerged from the door with their still sedate patient.

They watched the medical attendant as they transfered Alex to his bed.

"He will be up in two." the taller of the two medical attendant informed them while looming over on his medical chart.

They made their way to Alex.

"How bad his hand injury?" Randolf Montero asked.
The tall medical guy faced Randolf. "Pretty bad, Sir. He needs a year to recuperate from the damage. Sadly he will be out to the upcoming international league."

"You mean he can still use his hand properly after a year?" Lorraine Montero asked. Her worried gaze flickering to her son.

"Yes, Ma'am. He's very lucky, no major nerves had been damage." the tall medical guy said. "His doctor will be rounding in an hour." he said before they went out of the room.

"Oh, God!" Lorraine said as she sank on the couch. She closed her eyes for a minute. When she opened them again she made contact Athena and offered her a thankful smile. "Thank you for saving Alex."

Luckily, Athena brought Quien homemade cookies that she had promised to her Uncle Alex.

"It's alright Mom, The important thing is, after a year he can go back to his most loved career." Athena said.

"Anyway Luke, where's Claire? Did she happened know about your brother condition?" Lorriene Montero frowned.

Lucas opened his mouth to speak but his wife beat him to it.