CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

I see us getting married, moving in together, cuddling on the couch, waking up to good morning kisses, having arguments, making up after, cooking our favorite food, smiling for no reason, annoying each other when we're boredm having the cutest little babies, watching them grow up, never leaving each other's side.
I see us together.
Forever.
-LoveQuotes

ALEX WAS SO UPSET HE couldn't sleep last night and this morning, his mind still circled the same paths.

         How was possible to find himself thinking about Claire were having a close relationship to Thippe Makitson, and he was like to brutally tortured any man who were wanted to took away his woman.

"Hey."

He turned to find Claire entering his office while he still working out his mind.

"Hey." unable to stop himself, his gaze slid over her, noting that along with the simple office dress, she wore a sexy expensive-looking clothes that looked as though she will walk to the catwalk runway. And her legs... They streched on forever. "I'm busy."

"So I see, I won't keep you Alex, I just want to give this to you." she laid some folders on his table.

He lowered his chin to his chest and inhaled. "Thank you." he looked up and stared at her "I don't like your clothes, it's too daring. I don't want you to catch attention to those hungry wolves."

"Yeah, well. That's not my problem anymore. Anyway, I can take care of myself to those who you called hungry wolves." she smirked. "I'm going out for lunch. Anything you want for a lunch?" she talked like a obedient role model employee.

He gazed directly into her eyes. "Alone?" He sounded so possessive but he couldn't help it.

"Yeah, why?" she said while she tossed the hair that covered her eye.

"Alright... take care." he reached the folders that she gave to him. And never look back to her again.

SHE'S GOING TO BE NUTS, last night he were so sweet to her while they were sleeping, now he seems so upset on something. Claire glared at him, noticing the way his eyes darkened with disappointment he couldn't hide. She shook her head before she went out of his office.

For a moment she felt lonely, which was stupid. But something about Alex did things to her. Confused things. Things she'd rather not to think. So she wouldn't totally fallen for him.

Yes, she wanted Alex.
But she shouldn't have him.
Having him into her life would only lead to disaster.
Better to imitate her friend's approach to life. Close eyes and ignore what's in front of you. Don't acknowledge. Don't respond. Do nothing. Life is easier that way.

Her phone buzzed as she opened the door of her red Chevy. She get it from her bag. She smiled when the name of Mark Solivan flashed on the screen.

"Hey." she greeted him.

"Oh, Jade, you answered." his baritone voice said with a nervous giggle.

"Yes." her brows lifted for a moment.

"Jade, hmm," his voice seems so nervous. "I wonder if you had a date for this coming Mayor's Fund raising gala? I heard you're were also invited for that event. I haven't meet too many women in New York. Or should I say single women. Um, single women who are nice women. Oh, I'm botching this---"

"No, you're not botching anything---"

"Oh, but I am." He gave a self-deprecating laugh. This time it didn't sound as nervous. "I'm not really good being agressive." he paused.

What could she say? Mark was the right kind of man. With his bright blue eyes and subdued attitude, he was exactly the sort of man she should be dating. He was refined, polite and cheerful. Everything a woman could hope for in a partner.