Concert Chills

Grace POV

Carrie was still holding me after Reid's last outburst. I was such an awful person, I was trying to do what I thought was right!

"It's okay. Shh. No one can hurt you. Do you really think they could get through Miranda, let alone me?" She asked. I shook my head into her shoulder. I was glad I didn't have any makeup on yet, at least.

I heard the door squeak open and boots on the floor. I glanced up to see Reid standing across the room from us. I hid my face in Carrie's shoulder. "Carrie... Could I talk to Grace alone?" I felt those words sink in like a rising tide.

"No." I whispered. "Whatever you want to say, I'll move away but I will be sitting over there." She said, sternly. I shook. "Grace... Aww it's okay. No one will hurt you." Carrie told me, giving me one last hug, with a glare at Reid.

She got up and Reid took her place on the couch. He held my hand, making a ghost of a smile appear on my face. "Hey, babe." I shuttered. "Please. Please do not ever call me that." I begged shaking slightly, he looked surprised, then, he understood. That was something Sam had always called me.

"Sorry. Look, I am really sorry for what happened before. I really had no idea. I would never ever hit you, that person that you saw... Was not me. I don't know what happened. I am really sorry, Grace. I will protect you, this guy, he's no one. I can and will protect you. We can do this together." I squeezed his hand and he crushed me into a hug.

"I am so sorry." Was all I could say. I started to cry. "Grace. Grace, it's okay. Shhh. It's okay. Juliet, we're going to be just fine." He said. I smiled and said, "Juliet?" "Well, y'all always called me Romeo. And also, we're rewriting the ending, there ain't any sad endings allowed here." He smiled at me.

"We need to get ready. Make sure you wear your pistol." Reid told me. I hugged him and kissed him on the lips. The door opened, but I didn't care. "Well... Looks like Romeo and Juliet are back together." I heard Kimberly laugh with happiness.

Reid pulled away. "You bet." We all laughed. "We need to get ready!" I said. We all quickly ran to our dressing rooms/tents outside. Kimberly's stylist went into overload and I got changed before brushing my hair.

We were done in 20 minutes with five to spare. We did vocal warmups and I rushed to the stage. My whole concert went fine, I managed to forget the one guy in 60,000 that could kill me and just kept goin!

The crowd was really great to interact with! I finished my set and they cheered for me! I smiled and left. Florida Georgia each gave me a hug and ran onstage.

"Kimberly, he's out there, I'm sure of it. If he tries to do anything crazy... Tell me. I have my pistol on." She nodded seriously at me.

They ran onstage. Reid looked as happy as ever and they quickly finished a bunch of their songs. They got to Chainsaw, I heard the Chainsaw start up and all of a sudden, Kimberly froze. She looked back at me, fear in her eyes. Reid had moved quickly from where he was standing.

I didn't even think as I ran onstage, holding my pistol. A lot of people freaked, but I searched for him in the crowd. I ran to a mic, Neil and Reid were so confused. "Security, he's over there!" I said, pointing to where I saw the glint of gun metal. I heard another shot, hidden by the instruments. Kimberly pushed me out of the way.

"Get back!" I yelled to Kimberly. They all ran inside. I held up my pistol one last time before disappearing into the wings. Kimberly came up to me. "Are you okay?" I asked. She shook her head. I gave her a hug and felt something warm and wet on my hand.

"Kimberly! You're bleeding!" I said, surprised. "Yeah.. I know. I didn't want you to know." She sounded tired. I looked at the wound. It had been grazed by the bullet that almost struck me. Reid and Neil came running by with Nick.

"Nick. Give me your shirt. Kimberly needs her arm bound. Quick!" He threw it off and handed it to me. She had quite the gouge! I wrapped it around her arm and pulled it tight, she gasped, tears in her eyes. Why was this always happening to us!?

I saw someone running toward us. "Grace Anne Oakley. I need to speak to you alone." It was Chris, head of security, and he looked furious. We walked outside and he turned to me. "What were you thinking?" He asked, making me nervous.

"Someone was shooting at them." I said, honestly. "I didn't see anything but you coming out with a pistol and scaring everyone." Was all he said. Kimberly came running outside. "Chris. She's right. I looked at her, which prompted her to come onstage. Someone was shooting at us, look." To my surprise, she took off the shirt, blood gushed.

I quickly retied it, before she could lose any more blood. "I need to get you a medic!" Chris yelled, a look of shock clear on his face. I didn't blame him, I could hardly believe this was happening!

I turned to Kimberly, but before I could say anything, I was struck in the back of the head by a hard object. I collapsed to the ground, shocked. I couldn't move as I saw two men out of focus above me as I passed out.