The Plan

Kimberly POV
I smiled as I tuned my McPhearson Guitar! It made such a cool sound on this stage! I was about to set it down and tune the other when I heard Reid yell, which I had only heard a handful of times before. "WHAT!?" He yelled, raising his fist.

His back was to me, but I could tell he was really angry by the way he stood. "Why would you do this to me?" I heard him ask, he dropped his hand, he would never hit anyone anyway. At that moment, I knew, by the way Grace was crying she had broken up with Reid. I just stood there, speechless. I almost dropped my guitar but placed it in the holder before I could let go.

Grace took off sprinting, Reid stood there, completely broken. He was silent for a long while, standing in the same place, staring at his hands. "Reid." I said quietly. He jumped. "Leave me alone." He snarled, in a voice I had never heard before, and hoped I'd never hear again.

I chose to not run after him. Neil just stared at me, wide-eyed. I shrugged. "You take Grace. I'll find Reid. See what's up." Neil said quietly. I nodded, before charging down the stairs like a rhino.

I saw the bus in the distance and saw Miranda yelling and probably trying to talk some sense. Uh oh. I ran but before I could reach the bus, Grace took off like mad! I ran toward the bus, and reached the steps. My foot hit something, her phone!

I carefully picked it up and looked at the now cracked screen. Three calls from "Unknown." I knew this couldn't be good. I ran in to find Miranda staring out the window, and Carrie was nowhere to be seen. "Ran.." I said, she jumped and turned around.

"I. I don't know what to say." Was all she said, I had never seen her like this, so confused. "I didn't mean to scare her, I just can't stand it when people cheat! And they were such a cute couple!" She said quietly. I nodded, thinking how the heck this could've turned around so quickly!

"Yeah. I don't know what happened. You stay here, I'll go find her." "She mentioned the name Sam!" Miranda called after me. I tore out of the door. I unlocked her phone, thanking God that she didn't have a hard pass code, 1,2,3,4 was easy enough. My eyes widened and I stopped running as I read the messages. They were all from "Unknown." I sighed.

They were all threats and some "I Love You's", it really freaked me out. I ran around like crazy, until I finally spotted two shapes in the distance.

I saw a fence and saw to people sitting behind it. I ran over and opened the partially open gate. Grace stared at me and whimpered, Carrie held her tight.

Carrie glared at me, surprising me! I walked closer and Carrie looked at me. "If either one of you are going to scold her, save it." She said, her voice quiet but ferocious.

I sat down and gently crawled over to Grace. She squirmed away from me. "Oh, BabyGirl. It's okay, I'm not going to get angry." I said, in a soft voice. Carrie looked at me, surprised.

She backed away from Grace, giving me room. "Come here. It's okay." I said, knowing it sounded childish, but I didn't care as long as she came to me. "It's okay. I won't hurt you. No one will, I'm not mad." I said, honestly and in a soothing tone. She finally gave up and started sobbing.

I held her in a hug for a while. "Oh, BabyGirl. BabyGirl." I said, rubbing her back, she was terrified! "Listen. No one is going to hurt you, I promise." I said, holding her tight. She looked up and smiled, "thank you." I nodded.

"I know about the texts." Was all I said, she stiffened. I looked up to see her brother running to us, like a freight train! He reached us in minutes and scaled the fence. "Dude. There's a gate, right there, show off." Carrie laughed. He just looked at her with a half smile.