Can't Wait!

Grace POV

I awoke in the same dang hospital bed. I looked around and found a stuffed lion next to me. I stared at it for a couple of moments before hugging it.

"From Reid and Neil." Was on the tag. I smiled. They were so nice! I sat up straight, just holding it. I slowly got out of bed and walked to the window. I was now able to walk on my own. My leg slightly off, I had a bad limp.

It looked to be about lunch time. I had slept a few hours since Kimberly last visited with me. I heard the door open and didn't turn around. I looked out at the little garden that patients could walk in, wishing I could be out there right now, taking pictures.

Photography and singing were my two favorite things. "How are you feeling?" I felt a calloused hand on my shoulder. I jumped. "Eh, I was alright till you about gave me a heart attack." My crooked smile getting the best of me.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't me..." "It's fine. I'm just kidding." I cut him off. I had an.... Off sense of humor.

I turned around and was met with Reid's gentle eyes. He was holding a leash. BlackJack sat at his feet. "You brought him!?" I screeched. Reid reeled back.

"Sorry! I really love my dog!!" I bent down and kissed BlackJack's nose. He licked my cheek in response. I got up and hugged Reid. He hugged me back with a tight squeeze.

"Thank you for saving my sister." His gentle voice breaking the silence. I smiled. "You're welcome. I'm glad I could, she's a great person." He gave me another hug.

We were in silence for a while, not an awkward, but comfortable silence. I heard a small "woof" and looked down. BlackJack was demanding to be petted. I walked over to my bed and sat down. Reid let the leash go and BlackJack climbed onto the bed.

I felt an odd tugging at my stomach. I lifted my shirt and saw evidence of ugly stitches. "Yeah, they had to stitch you up pretty good." Reid said, turning back around to face me. He had been facing the wall.

"At least I don't look like Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas!" I smiled. "You'd look prettier either way." That comment was met by silence. Was he flirting with me..? Or...? Did Reid have a crush on me..?

I just smiled. "Oh... I..I'm sorry. It just kinda slipped out. Maybe I should go.." He fumbled. "No, it's alright it's not bad! I just couldn't believe you said that..""I'm so sorry!" He said. He was blushing.

And he was supposed to be the quiet one! "No! I mean, you're the first guy that seems to care." I smiled. His lips got the best of him and he broke into a nervous smile. I looked into his warm eyes and smiled.

I had had other boyfriends in the past, but it only ends in heartbreak and me getting dumped. I had sworn off boys a long time ago. Maybe I should change? "I'm sorry." His voice breaking my thoughts. I froze. "Did I just..?" "Yup." He said. I sighed. I had just said a bunch of that out loud, but I don't think I said the last part.

Now he was going to leave me. I stopped petting BlackJack and curled into myself. "Shouldn't you be getting ready for the concert?" I asked dismissively.

"Yeah. But. We'll talk later, ok?" He smiled, gingerly patting my shoulder.

He left. I hugged BlackJack and gently cried into his fur. "I'm sorry, buddy." I apologized, probably looking like a mess. He probably didn't like me and it was all my fault.

I felt a gentle embrace and looked up. I was met by blonde, wavy hair. "It's alright. Let's have some girl talk, ok?" It was Carrie!

"I thought you would've forgotten me by now." I mumbled, tears streaming down my face. She held me at arms length. "Forgotten you? Honey, are you serious? How could anyone forget you?" She laughed before giving me another hug.

"I just thought.. I don't know." I said. "Shh. It's alright. Plus, you've got a pretty rockin surprise for later." She smiled at me. I jumped up, hitting her jaw. "Oh! I'm so sorry!" I said. She was rubbing her jaw.

"It's... ah..ok! It was just an accident!" She giggled. She was a really nice person! "What is my surprise?" She shook her head. "Don't even try! KP will hurt me if I tell you!" I pouted and she laughed.

"But seriously, I think he does have a crush on you." She smiled. I was about to say do you really think so? But the door opened and a doctor walked in.

"How are you feeling?" I looked at him and shrugged. "Alright, I guess. Just a bit of pain, nothing major." My side was beginning to hurt. Carrie began to leave.

"Can you stay with me?" I asked her in a small voice. She nodded and sat back down. BlackJack at her feet, I'm pretty sure the doctor was trying to ignore the fact I had a living and breathing dog in my room. "If there aren't any more complications, you can leave by tonight." He smiled at me. I couldn't believe my luck!

"What time do you think?" I asked. "Around 7 to 8. Are you hungry? It's about two in the afternoon." I thought for a moment. "Yes, I'm pretty hungry!" I smiled. I groaned internally because I was sick of the food. He walked out.