In Between

*Grace POV*

I was in a forest. I walked around and found no one. I was completely alone, and terrified.

There were huge, towering trees painted purple by the blackened night. "Hello!?" I called. It was really weird. I didn't know what was going on. I stepped forward and all of a sudden, I was falling.

I awoke in a hospital room. Looking around, I saw two guys with crazy hair holding a girl's hands. I crept closer, trying not to scare them.

I tried to talk to them but I realized they couldn't hear me. I glanced at the woman in the bed and saw my own body. I freaked out. Nothing felt right anymore.

I tried to climb into my body like in movies, but was held back by invisible arms. It freaked me out. I backed out of the room and into the next.

There was a girl with curly crazy hair sitting in the bed. She had a few bruises on one side of her face. Her eyes were glazed as she looked at the TV.

She wasn't really watching it, I could tell. She was just sitting there. She sighed. A man walked in behind me. "Kimberly, you can start to walk around and..." I kinda let my mind wander.

Kimberly..? Why did that sound so familiar? And why were those guys so familiar..?

My mind was like a whirlwind. I sat in one of the chairs and stared at her. She had finished talking to the doctor and was now alone.

The door was flung open and Kimberly jumped in the air. It made me jump too. A girl with wavy blonde hair and brown eyes walked in. She was around 5'1 and looked panicked.

"Kimberly!? Are you alright!?" She asked. She had a thick Oklahoma accent.

"Yes. I'm fine. I just lost some of my memory. The other girl is worse." She said, not meeting the woman's gentle gaze.

"I'm glad to hear that you're alright. But I need to visit her and see what I can do. I think Ran might be up tomorrow but I'm not sure." She sat down with a sigh of relief.

"Yeah. They said I could go home tomorrow under careful observation." Her gaze was facing forward, glaze and unfixed like before.

"Do you remember me..?" The woman asked gently. Kimberly started to cry, I was surprised.

"Everyone expects me to remember and I just keep forgetting! I feel so awful!" The woman got up, knocking the chair over and wrapped her in a hug, the best she could over the wires.

"Aw. It's alright KP. It's not your fault!" She spied the IV, "It's probably the medicine." She hugged her for a few minutes until Kimberly went quiet. She had fallen asleep.

The woman carefully backed up and walked out of the room. I decided to follow her. I realized we were in my room again. She walked over and held my hand, or rather the one in the bed, the two guys had left.

I decided I didn't want to watch. I wanted to make sure that Kimberly was alright. I tried to walk out but was blocked. I tried but it seemed to be an invisible brick wall.

I heard gentle singing of "Jesus Take The Wheel." I began to feel a tingling starting at my feet and slowly rose into the rest of my body, as if I was being electrified, every part of my body filled with dizzying excitement.

I shut my eyes, surely I was dying. I just waited until the end.

************************************

I opened my eyes. I was staring at a blank, white ceiling. I sighed. Perhaps I had died after all. It didn't bother me as long as Kimberly was alright.

I moved my hand and went to try and sit up, "you're awake!" I heard someone gasp. I jumped. I felt something being taken off of my face. I could talk again.

It was really wired. "I'm Carrie Underwood. Are you alright? You are very heroic." She said in a soothing voice. She helped me sit up.

"I..I think so.. Wait!? Carrie.. Underwood!? How.. What?" I asked, my eyes widening.

"Yeah. I was in town and heard what happened. I just had to visit." She smiled and patted my hand. She pushed a button on a remote next to me.

A lady in white came in. "Yay! You're awake. Let me get the doctor." She smiled at me and walked away.

"How long have I been here..?" I asked. "From what I heard... 5 days. You just had a long nap." She sounded like she was talking to a 5 year old. But it made me feel calm.

I was grateful she was here with me. "So, what is your name?" "Grace." I smiled at her. I couldn't believe I was alive or sitting with the Carrie Underwood. Yep, I was definitely dead.

A man in a tall labcoat came walkin in. "Hello! I'm Dr. Marty. How are you feeling?" He asked me. "I'm in some pain." I said, wincing. "I'm going to call a nurse to give you some medicine to help with the pain... Is that Carrie Underwood!? My daughter is a huge fan." He smiled at us.

"Anyway, you should be good in about a week." My heart sunk. I was going to miss the concert. Oh well, at least I was alright and so was the other woman.

"Alright, thanks!" I smiled weakly. "I'll be right back." He said, smiling. "Bring a pen and paper!" Carrie called after him.

"What's wrong? Is it just the pain or...?" Carrie asked. I sighed. Should I tell her? It was just a silly concert.

"Well, I don't really want to bother you. It's nothing." I smiled. "It's alright! Go ahead." She smiled, wavin her hand.

I took a deep breath. "Well, I was given tickets by my parents to go to a concert. In town. I was really excited and was going to buy an outfit... Then I pushed someone out of the way.. Then I don't remember." I furrowed my eyebrows. She nodded, she was a great listener.

"Who were you gonna see?" She asked. I smiled. "I'm sure you've heard of them. They're my favorite band, The Band Perry." Carrie gave me an odd look.

"Do you remember who you saved?" "N..no. I don't remember any of it. Really." I said, thinking.

A nurse stuck her head into my room. She brought a thing with her. It was a clear tube, I assumed it was the medicine. It looked like my friend's insulin syringe without a needle.

Carrie laughed. The last thing I heard before falling asleep was, "You saved Kimberly Perry's life."