Surprise!

*Grace POV*

I sighed as I entered my quiet little house in the country. It had been a real hard day. I was 18 and living in Nashville, going to college and working on the weekends.

It was summer now, so I didn't have to go to school. My parents were helping pay part of my rent and I had saved everything from when I was little to go to college, with their help of course. They lived a few cities away, but wanted me to move out and find my own place.

I unlocked my door and it creaked open. It was a small, old fashioned, almost antique farmhouse. It was really cheap because it needed fixing and was so small.

The whole outside was white, which I quickly changed to light blue with white trim after I moved in. There was running water but the pipes were cracked, I had to get those replaced and holes in the floor.

Other than those cosmetics, the house was alright. It was just small. It had an old, creepy staircase that lead to two rooms upstairs, one was a music room, the other, an office.

My bedroom was downstairs, parallel with the kitchen, which the rooms were both separated by the staircase in the middle. And a small parlor when you walked in.

The whole house was filled with antique things and a lot of them I built myself. I was happy with my little home, and glad I didn't have to stay in the dorms. It was only a 20 minute drive and I still made friends.

I threw my stuff down, shaking my thoughts of the man that tried to hit on me in the bar. I was working half days all week, it was pretty nice. My key fell off my light pink sofa and onto the hardwood floor, making a loud, rattling noise.

I sighed again and picked it up. I heard claws clicking on the floor and looked up. BlackJack, my black lab, was walking over to me. I snatched my key, BlackJack ate everything.

I laughed, it tinkled all over the walls. Scratching his head, I heard a truck outside. It had to be the mail truck.

I set my key back on the couch and opened my door. I walked down the small, dirt road to my mailbox.

It was tiny and half was painted like the Texas flag, that's where I was born. I pulled the tiny handle, it felt like gun metal in my hand. The inside revealed a huge gold package. I didn't remember ordering anything and became suspicious.

I grabbed that and the rest of my mail and walked inside, shutting the wooden, then the glass door behind me. BlackJack was sitting by the door and walked over. He sniffed the mail in my hands. "Not for you." I said to him. He made a huffing noise and walked away. That dog. I thought, shaking my head and smiling.

I sat down on the small, red leather chair next to the couch and pulled at the envelope. Out fell meet and greet passes for The Band Perry, aka, my favorite band ever. I had no idea where the tickets came from until I reached inside and a small note fell out.

"Grace, thought you might like these, since they're your favorite band! Come see us sometime!"-Love Mom and Dad.

I smiled and set it down. My parents were really happy for me. The concert was next Friday, my holiday from work! It was perfect, and I didn't have classes that day, because it was summer!

I did a little happy dance and set the tickets on my counter with a smile. I was so excited!

I sat back down on the couch and BlackJack put his head on my lap. I petted him, thinking. I had always wanted to meet them! They were my favorite band ever!

My home phone ringing made me jump, waking up BlackJack who had fallen asleep on my lap.

"Sorry buddy!" I said, running to grab the phone. I picked it up. "Hello?" "Hey, Grace! How's life?" I recognized my father's voice. "Pretty good!" I filled him in on my day at work, leaving out the guy that hit on me, and coming to find the tickets. He was so happy for me.

I hung up and wandered into my closet. I had nothing to wear, but a few t shirts so I decided to go downtown.

I hopped into my blue Jeep Wrangler and tore off, after checking that I locked BlackJack inside my house.