Secrets

*Grace POV*

        "Neil and I will put away the pizza! Be down in a sec!" Kimberly called to us. I could tell by her voice that there was something going on. But I just wasn't sure what it was. "C'mon Grace! I can show you some of our instruments!" Reid said, breaking my thoughts. I still wish I could know what was going on. But I ignored it for now. 

        Reid practically carried me down the old wooden steps, leading down to the basement. These creeky steps of course reminded me of all the scary movies I had ever seen. Great, just what I needed, my life has already turned into my very own horror story! Reid set me at the bottom of the stairs. I didn't have the heart to tell him, because he looked so happy to help me, but my leg was doin' pretty well on its own! I was so excited! I should be pretty good to go in a little while! I went to stand up but looked around, my cane was no where to be seen! 

        "Hey, Reid, I'm gonna run upstairs and grab my cane." I smiled at him. He smiled back and replied "Ok! Do you need any help up and down the stairs?" Shaking my head, I looked at him, "No, thanks! I wanna try on my own!" He just laughed and shook his head. I walked up the stairs, it was pretty easy for me! Especially with the railing! I made it to the top step in practically no time! 

        I was about to open the door but heard talking. My foot hit something and I realized that I had dropped my cane when Reid picked me up. I was about to go back downstairs but I recognized the voices of Neil and Kimberly. Even though I felt bad, I decided to eavesdrop a little. "I know how it feels when you want to be with someone but you don't know if they feel the same way. It'll work itself out...." It was Kimberly! I gulped. They were talking about me, I think. I began to feel confused and a bit angry with myself. I didn't really know what my feelings were right now. I wish my mind would just make itself up! I heard footsteps in front of me and pretty much ran down the steps! "Did you find it?" Reid asked me. I jumped, forgetting he was behind me. He handed me my guitar. 

        "Yeah, I did!" I responded, grabbing my guitar and setting my cane down. I quickly sat down on a random stool next to me. My heart pounded with the footsteps of Kimberly and Neil. They finally reached the bottom. Neil didn't look at me and Kimberly smiled when I looked over at her. Her eyes narrowed slightly, and that's when I realized I was breathing a bit heavier than normal. Uh oh. I decided to say something before she could. "Can we record a song?" "Sure! Whatcha wanna do? one of yours?" I began to nod then froze. They wanted to hear one of my songs!? "Um...I guess!" My face fell when I realized, it was at my house. 

        "I think I left my notebook at my house, though." I looked down, slightly sad and embarrassed. "No, Carrie dropped it by this morning, after she looked in on your house, and checked on BlackJack. Miranda's gonna take him after we leave." Neil smiled at me. I smiled back. I don't know if I love you.... or him. I recovered quickly, "Ok! Thanks! Where is it?""In your room, I think! I can go get it if you want." I nodded at him, and also decided that I would sort out my boy problems later! "Thanks, Neil!" I strummed my guitar strings patiently. I could feel Kimberly's eyes on me. I knew what she had to have been thinking, and I also knew like the big sister figure she was, she would be talking to me later about it. 

        I jumped as the familiar, leather book was placed in my lap. I thumbed through the pages carefully, looking at my random scribbles and smiled. "Did you find a song you wanna show us, Baby Girl?" Kimberly smiled. Most people would think her nicknames were weird, her being less than double my age, but I didn't care. It showed that she did care! "Did you?" "Oh! yeah, sorry! Got caught in my own thoughts!" My smile grew wider as I found the perfect page. 

        "I haven't really found a name for it, but here's the lyrics so far." I said, my voice echoing all over the room. My hands shook as I started to sing: