Thinking

*Kimberly POV*

I had really started to like Grace! I've never really had a little sister, unless that one time I tried to put Neil in a dress when we were little counts.... But I'd never really had one.

"Dinner!" My dad called. I looked up from my notebook, returning to reality. We had just come back from shopping, Grace was so tired, she had to take a nap. Poor kid.

I set down my notebook and walked out of my room.

When I reached the table, I saw pizza! I grinned and sat down. We pulled up a chair for her! It was really crowded, but we didn't mind!

"I'll go get her!" I said, jumping up. I walked upstairs and to the room across from mine. I looked down and laughed. Limbs were everywhere! It reminded me of Reid, they could both probably fall asleep anywhere!

"Hey! Grace! Wake up." I gently shook her. She jumped back with a cry of fear. She was shaking. "BabyGirl! It's ok! It's just me." I whispered in a soothing tone. I knew she had to be having nightmares too.

She looked over at me. Tears starting to disappear in her eyes. "Grace. It's ok. He's not here, and you're ok." I said, sitting on the bed. She slowly sat up and looked at me. I have her a gentle hug.

"I'm ok." She said. It sounded like she was reassuring herself more than anything. "If you're sure, dinner's ready!" I hopped up. She grabbed her cane, leaning on the nightstand, and followed me downstairs. She was getting pretty good and fast at walking with her cane!

We made it downstairs and all dug in.

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

When we were done, I laid on the couch, watching my copy of The Great Gatsby, Grace said she liked that movie. I glanced at the clock, 7:30, it blinked.

I could tell Grace was going in and out of the movie. "Hey, Grace! We have a studio downstairs, if you wanna play something sometime!" She looked at me.

(If you haven't read or seen the Great Gatsby, skip this part lol, spoiler!)

I heard the squeal of the tires on the TV and both of us looked up. Daisy had just hit Myrtle with Gatsby's car. "Alright. That's enough TV for now." I said awkwardly, clicking it off.

(Spoiler is over!!)

Grace sat in front of the TV, staring at her hands. "Hey, let's go try out the guitar Kacey got you? How about that?" Reid joined in. She snapped out of her thoughts.

"Oh, ok!" She smiled. Reid helped her up and I could feel Neil watching them. "Neil and I will put away the pizza. Be down in a sec!" I called. Neil went to follow, but I held him back.

"Tell me. Do you love her?" I asked bluntly. He looked at me, sighed, and sat on the couch. "Yes. I do. And I know it's not fair, because she knows Reid better. I just wish that I could know who she loves. She seems, at times, to love me, but at others, she doesn't. I just don't know." He sighed. I rubbed his back.

"I wish I had all the answers, but I don't. Sorry bud. But time will tell. I promise. I know how it feels when you want to be with someone but you don't know if they feel the same way. It'll work itself out. It did with me. I found a greater guy. Whatever will happen is meant to happen."

I patted his back and got up. "Kimberly?" He asked me. "Yeah, what's up baby brother?" "Thank you." I smiled as we raced downstairs.

I saw Grace holding her guitar. I noticed she was breathing kinda heavily. As if she had just jogged. I looked at her cane. Like if she had jogged down some stairs.

I just smiled when she stared at me, thinking all the while. "Can we record a song?" She asked, looking at me. "Sure! Whatcha wanna do? One of yours?" She froze.

"Um.. I guess! I think I left my notebook at my house, though." She looked so sad! "No, Carrie dropped it by this morning, after she looked in on your house, and checked on BlackJack. Miranda's gonna take him after we leave." Neil said with a smile. She smiled back.

"Ok! Thanks! Where is it?" "In your room, I think! I can go get it, if you want." She nodded. "Thanks, Neil!" She just sat and strummed her strings while we waited.

I was thinking. I wanted to know who she liked... But I didn't want to pressure her. And I also was worried about her nightmares. I heard clomping as Neil came back down, his brown boots slapping the old wooden steps.

I snapped out if my thoughts when Neil set the book in her lap.