Antiques With Kimberly Perry

Kimberly POV

"Alright, let's go!" I said to Grace. We had just finished talking about anything to everything and back again! I helped her get into my car, she was a bit tired from getting her stitches out and I had already given her a tiny bit of a pain pill. She shut the door and I walked over to the other side. The boys had decided to stay home for this trip!

"So, where are we going again?" Grace asked me. I started the car and backed out of the driveway before answering. "We are going to my favorite antique shop in Greenville! And then I have something for you to do in Nashville. For you to be completely signed, you have to present something to our head of Big Machine, Scott Brochetta. I really do hope you are up for it! I'm not trying to scare you, but I can't be in the room with you. He will tell you straight up if he likes it or not, but he is a nice guy. He is already pretty impressed with you." She looked at me and had the deer-in-the-headlights look. Then she shook her head, narrowed her eyes, and said, "Bring it on."

"I have your guitar and notebook in the back, I snuck them in earlier while you were in the bathroom. Anyway, we are heading there afterwards. But first, let's do some shoppin!" I yelled. She started to laugh. "So, it's not that far away from our house, but we couldn't've walked." I said, looking around before turning onto the familiar road that I had taken so many times before. "Gotcha." She said, I glanced over. Grace was staring out the window, her face in her hand, arm leaning on the window. "Are you ok?" I asked her. She nodded.

"Sorry to spring this on you, but he wanted to take a look at you, I mean, he trusts us, but he doesn't want to let anyone down. And this was really the only time. And he needs your signature!" I smiled. "Think of it as your first autograph!" Grace started to laugh, and I was so happy.

We pulled up to the antique store and hopped out. It was really small and all painted green. The door was a faded green with yellow flowers and the side had the name on it. "McFarley's" is what it read.

We walked in and a southern chime sounded. There were rows and rows and rows of awesome antiques. "I like to start at the back and work forward." I said to Grace, slipping a basket into her hand, she nodded.

After we were done, I had a full basket and Grace had a half full one! She had some pretty cool stuff. She found an old journal that hadn't been written in and an antique oil lamp, pocket watch, two dresses, and a few other random things.

After we paid, I carefully watched over Grace as she walked to the car. I helped her in and quickly locked he doors. I was starting to get a bit worried about her. She looked more and more tired everyday. Nightmares..? We both seem to have them a lot now.

"Well, I can warm you up a bit, then send you in. Are you ready?" I asked her, looking her in the eyes. She nodded. "Yeah, just a bit nervous." I smiled at her and started the engine.