The Call

Grace POV

They moved Reid to his room in the hospital. "I don't get why I can't leave." Reid complained. I was getting ready to make a witty come back when my phone rang.

"Grace Oakley." I said, answering. I heard Reid huff behind me. "Hey! Wait, your last name is Oakley!? No wonder you could shoot so dang well!" I recognized Miranda Lambert's voice. I laughed into the phone, and thought: Uh oh. "I'm headin to see your concert tonight!" "Listen... Ran. We had to move the show to tomorrow." I said, my voice tiny, flat, and defeated.

"What happened!?" She asked, she sounded pissed. "Well, uh. My lovely huh ho ex decided to make an appearance. And... Why don't you FaceTime me?" I asked slowly. "Why! What happened!? Are you ok!?" She yelled into the phone. "Yes, just FaceTime-""No!" Reid said hushed, slapping the bed. "Yes." I responded back.

"Alright. Here we go." She said. The phone went dead. "Reid." I said. "Grace! Nooo." He whined. "It'll be fine. She wants to know. We need to move it." "But I don't want to move it!" He said. "Reid, just give your arm time to heal. You've gotta cooperate." I said gently. He scowled at me.

My phone buzzed. I opened it to see Miranda holding a BlackJack! "Hey." I said. Her face contorted into rage. "What happened to your face!?" I forgot! "Well, a bottle to the face tends to do this." I said back.

"What did he do!?" She snarled. My dog started to shake. "You're scaring BlackJack!" I snapped back. She calmed down a bit, hugging my dog. "Hey buddy!" I said. BlackJack licked the phone. I laughed. "Hey! Move the phone over here!" Reid called. I guess he changed his mind. "Where are y'all?" Miranda asked.

"Umm Medical Central.." I trailed off. "What!? Why are you in the hospital!?" The phone was taken out of my hand. "Hey! You're not supposed to lift things!" I snapped at Reid.

"I can with my good arm!" He snapped back. "Oh. My. God! What happened!? What did you do?" I heard Miranda exclaim. "Well, after Grace opened the door and took a bottle to the face, I had to step in and took a knife to the arm."

There was silence. Then I heard Miranda snarl: "Where is he!?" "In jail." I responded, Reid handed the phone back. "You're sure?" She asked, skeptically. "I'm coming up there." "No yo-" click. I guess that was settled then.

"What happened?" Reid asked me, staring at the now black screened phone. "She's not taking no for an answer." I mumbled back. Reid had a horrified expression on his face. "This is gonna be interesting." I said, looking at his expression. "Yeah. She's gonna hurt someone." He said.

I just laughed. "I really think the only person that's gonna get hurt is my ex, and badly." Reid started laughing. "A bullet to the leg is paradise compaired to Ran's wrath!" We both laughed.

A few minutes later, the door opened. Kimberly walked in and smiled. "How ya doin?" She asked Reid. "Oh, I'm fine, thanks." I responded. She froze and started laughin. "I meant Reid, but that's good too!" I just smiled.

She sat on the other crappy plastic chair next to the bed. "Haha. Well, Ran is gonna be up here in probably like 2 seconds flat...." I informed her. "Huh. Alright!" Kimberly said. The door flew open. "Nevermind that, one second I guess!" I said.

"Reid!" Miranda said. She ran over and gave him a hug. Then she turned around. "Kimberly! You were supposed to keep them safe! You call this safe!? One has cuts and the other has stitches and a knife through his arm!" Miranda roared. Kimberly sat there, frozen with her hand over her mouth.

Even I was scared by her wrath, and I didn't even do anything! But not that Kimberly did either! "What were you thinking?" She yelled. "Hey! Woah! It was not her fault! You need to control your anger." I said, standing up in between them. "I was the one that opened the door. Not her. She didn't know, none of us did. So, it should be my fault, not her's. Stop taking out your anger on everyone else!" I yelled. Ran stood speechless for a moment. She looked like she wanted to hit me, or cry, maybe both. I stood my ground.

"So.." Reid said quietly. All of us just sat there for a little while. We could hear the sink dripping in the bathroom it was so quiet.

Miranda finally turned and left with a huff, the walls shook when she slammed the door. I looked from Kimberly to Reid and sighed. Kimberly was staring at the floor and Reid looked like he had just seen a three headed alien win the apocalypse.

He actually had a really funny look on his face! I would laugh but I'm still pissed. I took out my phone and texted Carrie. "Carrie. I really need to talk to you, but I doubt you're in Texas, so, can you call me? I messed up and got into a fight with Ran." I hit send.

I sat down and waited. About 20 minutes passed. The door slowly opened and Kacey Musgraves walked in quietly. "Reid, how do you feel?" Reid managed a half smile. "Alright. What're you doin here?" Before she could answer, a man in a white labcoat walked in. "Mr. Perry, you're free to leave. We gave you dissolving stitches so you won't need to came back until a few weeks. I gave your father the medication." "Thank you Doctor Rick." Reid responded with a smile.

"Kimberly, can you take Reid? I'm gonna take Grace somewhere." Kimberly looked at us for a moment in silence before nodding. She looked sad. I walked over and hugged her.

"Alright. We're going back to the bus and to the venue or a hotel. I'll text you where. Somewhere probably in Dallas." Kacey nodded and linked her arm gently in mine. She liked doing that a lot, I guess it was her way to make friends!

"Where are we going?" I asked. "I'm not gonna tell you till we get there." She said. "Alright."

We walked up to a big blue truck with daisies, dandelions, and roses on the side and guitars painted on the hood. "Nice truck!" I smiled at her. "Thanks! Did it myself." She smiled.

We hopped in the truck and she turned it on. "Hope ya don't mind the windows open?" I smiled. "Of course not!" I was used to it, my first car didn't have air conditioning, and my one for college does, but I still roll em down. Just fun having the wind of the world in your car.