Bad News

Grace POV

I stared at my phone, tears running down my face. I knew they were onstage. I made a decision, I loved Reid more than I thought I could, but if it meant him living, then maybe I could live without him?

I climbed the stairs, my hands shaking. What was I gonna say? My psycho boyfriend's gonna kill both of us if I don't break up with you? I reached the stage and walked over, he was tuning his bass. I walked over and he smiled: "There you are!" I smiled back, feeling guilty.

"Reid. I need to talk to you." I said, forcing my voice not to shake. He set his bass down and walked toward me, looking really worried. "Reid. I'm really sorry. But I think we should see other people." Was all I said, how clichè and sad could I be? Reid's face changed from his puppy just dying to pure anger, something I'd never seen, and confusion. "Stop kidding around." He said, keeping his voice calm. I just shook my head back, his face making my heart clench. "I'm not."

"WHAT!?" He yelled at me. I jumped back, Kimberly whipped her head toward me. My phone buzzed in my pocket. Thanks phone! "Who. Is. The. Other. Guy?" He snarled. Then, he raised his hand. I jumped backward, terrified, covering my face. He started to cry and dropped his hand, looking shocked. "Why would you do this to me?" He asked. Kimberly looked at me, sadness and confusion in her eyes. I didn't answer. I took off toward the bus, leaving the love of my life behind. I didn't get very far before I started bawling.

I agonizingly reached the bus at what seemed a snail's pace before collapsing on the steps. I felt my phone ringing in my pocket. I answered. "Hey! I've missed you so much! Did you do it? Don't lie to me." I heard the dreadful voice of Sam. I forced myself to stop crying and put my voice even, almost monotone.

"Yes. I never loved him, I only loved you." I said, forcing cheerfulness into my voice. "That's my girl! I'm coming to the show tonight! I'll be seeing you after, to take you home!" I grimaced. I didn't want to go anywhere with him. "Yay. I've missed you so much." I butchered the last words. "See you tonight, babe. Love you! We're gonna have a party with booze!" He cheered. "Love you too, Sam. See you then." I said, hanging up the phone.

I threw my phone on the ground, forcefully. I heard the door open behind me and jumped, an irate looking Miranda was behind me. "What was that!?" She asked, grasping my arm. She tried to take me into the bus to talk, but I didn't want to. She wasn't as mad as I thought, just very confused and wanting to talk to me. I took a hold of my pistol and ran out the door. I didn't even know where I was going until I reached the outside of the fence.

I quickly scaled the fence and sat on the outside, bawling my eyes out. I was such an awful person! But if that meant Reid lived, then that was okay. I heard footsteps behind me and yelled, "Leave me alone! Don't hurt me!" I heard the footsteps getting closer. I knew it was Sam. "I told him. I told him. I told him. We're... We're through!" I yelled, still bawling. I felt a gentle hand on my shoulder, not a rough one.

I looked up and saw the eyes of Carrie Underwood. She was looking at me, really concerned. "Grace. It's okay. It's okay, sweetheart." She said, comforting me, she held me while I cried. It took me a long while to be able to talk. "Please tell me what's going on?" She begged, I shook my head.

Knowing that she'd be a target too. "Grace. Please. At least who did you tell?" She asked, I looked at her, completely confused. I was going to ask what she was talking about, but we heard footsteps. Kimberly was running toward us! I was terrified!