We're Gonna Make It

Kimberly POV

I knew when they dragged Miranda in like a sack of mud, we were done for. I looked at Grace, under our teeny tiny lightbulb and saw that she was slumped on the floor.

Sam had just gotten into a fight with her, she was wearing her cowboy boots and gave him a few cuts after she kicked him. They had taken her pistol, our only weapon!

My arm was still bleeding, and part of my back from where he threw the cup of liquid at me, while I was trying to defend Grace. I felt so exhausted and dizzy, from the bit of blood loss and refusing to let Rick feed me.

Out of the corner of my eye, Grace moved with a groan of pain. She was doing worse off than I was. I had a few bruises and a black eye, but she had been hit in the head with a crowbar and kicked in the ribs like a punishment to a dog.

"We. We have to get her out, not matter what!" She spoke with a raspy voice, all of her normal cheerfulness dashed, like part of my hopes for Miranda. "I know, it's okay, BabyGirl." I whispered. I moved my foot, it had a cramp from wearing my boots too long.

There was a metallic clang, like a sword being thrown. I looked down, my eyes widened, it was my knife! It had fallen out of the holster! I gasped at the luck, knowing this wasn't a dream! Grace seemed to see the knife and gasped too.

I worked the knife up with my feet to my mouth, a painfully slow task. I was able to slip my hands over my feet in front of me. I carefully cut the binding with my knife. As soon as I was done, I crawled painfully over to Grace. C'mon adrenaline!

I cut her bindings, knowing every minute was seeping away, the men getting closer and closer to the basement! With one last cut, she was free! She tried to stand, but fell, twice. I caught her, she wasn't doing too well.

"We need to carry Miranda. I hope I'm strong enough!" I said, not meaning to say the last part out loud. Grace crawled over to Miranda and I forced myself to stand. I cut her bindings and her eyes flashed open.

"We have to get moving! Who knows when they'll be back!" I said quickly. We helped Miranda awkwardly limp along, her face in a determined scowl. I felt blood on my hand and Grace said, "We need something to patch the wound." I nodded, taking off Nick's shirt. My wound started to bleed again.

I ignored it, I had to get them out of here! "We gotta move now!" Grace yelled. I heard something that sounded like a car door slam. My adrenaline finally kicked in, late to the party as always, and we helped Miranda up the stairs.

We ran out the back door and Grace started trying to run to a truck. "We don't even have the keys!" I yelled. "Give me the knife!" She yelled back. I handed it to her, across Miranda, a ghost of a smile appeared on her face.

Grace hopped into the driver's side, messing with the wires, I used all my strength to lay Miranda down in the back and put her seatbelt on. Grace wasn't moving. "We gotta go!" I yelled. She didn't reply. "Switch!" I yelled at her. She jumped and slowly scrambled over the consul.

I took off, the truck actually starting! I was about to look at Grace when I heard shots! The back windshield was broken! I floored it and barely had time to dodge around a tree. "Don't tell me, I already know!" My arm was now bleeding like crazy. I made the car go faster, and we hit a ditch, launching the car!

I groaned, it was all over now! I hit the brakes, trying to do something, but it didn't work too well. We slowed and the truck swerved, from having nothing in the back. It rolled onto its side, there was no way I could lift it by myself!

I knew then, we were doomed. My head was telling me to give up, but my heart told me to keep going. I saw a shadow outside our car and jumped. A man opened the door. He had dirty blonde, almost caramel hair and penetrating green eyes.