Let's Talk

*Grace POV*

I was running and being chased by something I couldn't see. I was so scared that I was shaking and in a cold sweat. I could hear screaming from multiple people in terror. They sounded like Kimberly, Reid and Neil! I didn't know how to save them! I found myself standing in the middle of a road. Kimberly was in the very middle, reaching out to me. Her hand almost reaching mine, her blue eyes pleading. I saw a car swerve and screamed. "KIMBERLY DON'T!" I ran forward and saw her thrown, a car going into her side. I ran toward her and she disappeared.

"Grace. Gracie. Grace!" I was being shaken. I jumped up and slapped whoever was attacking me. "Hey! What'd you do that for!?" I saw a figure in front of me jump back. I was kind of frightened, my palms sweaty and breathing shallow. I heard the door close and saw the light flicker on. Kimberly was standing across from me, holding her face. "I am so, so, so sorry...again! You scared me!" She just looked at me, her blue eyes looked like they were almost filled with tears. "If you want to get rid of me, I understand completely. I'll go." Kimberly said nothing, but walked over to me, she now had a crooked smile, that I didn't like. She slapped my non-hurt leg really hard. I now had a scarlet hand on my leg! "Hey! Oww!" I squirmed away from her, my mouth hanging open. She laughed softly.

"I didn't hit you that hard! And that was payback! If you woulda moved like you did when you slapped me, you could've dodged it!" I turned my back to her and felt the bed sink as she sat down next to me. I couldn't help but smile. "Sorry. W-ww-hy are you here?" I yawned, the clock blinked 5am. "Don't be sorry, BabyGirl. You were crying and yelling in your sleep. Tell me what's going on. And don't say its just nothing, I know it's not. You are getting ready to spend months in a tour bus with a bunk, I don't wan't you to fall off, or you know, try and run out the door of a moving bus." I smiled half-heartedly.

"C'mon. I know that something is going on. Please tell me what it is." She looked serious, her blue eyes staring at me intently. Sighing, I leaned against the headboard of the bed. "huuuuuh." I sighed. "There's just a lot going on right now. I'm scared, no terrified, that he's gonna come back. I keep thinking about my ex..." I trailed off. I had never told them about him. "Annnd?" Kimberly asked, "I know that's not it." She said gently, but her voice was laced with hidden steel. "Fine. In a bit..... confused with Reid and Neil." She nodded. "Well, we got about.." She looked at the clock, 5:30, "4ish hours before everyone wakes up. Start where you want and say what you need to say, BabyGirl. I'm here for you."

I sighed. "Alright. I'll take you up on your offer. Then you need to tell me your problems and thoughts." She nodded, "Deal. As long as you don't run down any stairs again... Until you're healed." She smirked at me. I blushed, she had noticed! "Oh kay.. Sorry. Was it that obvious?" I asked. "Yeah, but I wasn't too surprised. And how often do you see a girl breathing heavily, sitting at the bottom of a staircase?" She smirked at me. I gave her a half smile as a thought popped into my head: Was I ready to talk to her? I was kinda nervous. "Don't apologize! It's ok, I'm here for you." She gave me a hug. "Thanks. Let me start with my ex. Ok?" She nodded. "Well, I was dating a man for a while, but well, things went south." I said. "Tell me everything." I sighed. "Alright.... Here we go. So in college, I met what I thought was the most awesome and handsome guy. His name was David, he was a sweet guy and sort of an athlete. We started dating, and that lead to him cheating on me. Walked in on them kissing on the common room couch. It gets even weirder, after that, another guy approached me right before Christmas break, said he was sorry for what happened between me and David. This guy's name was Sam. We started hanging out, as friends and everything, but then, he started to get weird. And I mean real weird...." I stopped as I remembered the flashback.

*Flashback*

I walked into my room at my house, when the smell of beer hit my nose, I knew something was up. I never drank, and didn't really want to. I walked in and gasped at what I saw. Sam was holding a broken bottle, and my room was slightly trashed, and my chair was on top of my bed....? The smooth gunmetal shining in the light. I never knew that he drank, and I hadn't seen him in a few weeks, he looked completely different, hollow even. His silver eyes were now a dull and empty grey tinged with red. We had started to date the beginning of this week, he said he was out of town, and asked me over a phone call to be his girlfriend, I stupidly said yes. I hung out with one of my best guy friends, that I hadn't seen in a long time, since almost high school. I guess Sam found out. Then, I remembered my fear as Sam walked over to me, stumbling and holding the pistol, "if I ever see you talk to another man, or even a person, ever again, even a friend, I will kill him and you. See this pistol, I know how to use it. Don't even try and escape me." He threw the bottle at me and it cut my forehead, I wound up with stitches and the police dragging him out of my room, after a neighbor heard our screaming match and me crying in fear. This was the first semester of the school year. That was the only thing that really happened this school year.