Is It True?

"Then there were so many people in the way, he said it during the picture and disappeared. I couldn't get to him."

I sat in silence. "I'm sure he didn't mean what he said. Don't worry about it. We're alright." I said, giving her a hug. There was a knock on the door. "Hey, y'all. Can I come in? We're about to be there." It was Kacey.

I opened the door slowly. Kimberly shook her head slightly. "Don't tell them." She mouthed to me. I nodded.

"Hey, Kacey!" I said when I opened the door. "Everything all right in here?" She asked, smiling. "Yeah, I just wanted to ask Kimberly an opinion." I lied through my teeth. I really hated to do this but I didn't want to alarm her.

She stared at me for a few moments before, "alright. Come back and join the game!" I smiled, "Ok! I'm going to talk for a few more minutes, then I'll come!" She walked away and I slid the door shut.

We both sighed. "Let's talk about this later. If anything happens, I've got your back." I said, walking out of the room. I heard footsteps behind me as Kimberly followed me.

We all sat down and started another game. My team won the last game before the bus stopped. We hopped off and someone covered my eyes. I started to freak but: "it's alright! I'm leading you to the surprise." I heard Kacey say.

I relaxed as I was brought forward. Something hard collided with my face and I recoiled. "Oops... Sorry, that was a tree...." Kacey said. "It's dark out here!" I heard Taylor say. I wondered where we were and hoped we weren't lost!

We finally stopped and Kacey's hands were lifted off of my eyes. I looked around. We were in a small barn! A little party was going on! A man and a woman walked up to me. They were very nice looking!

"Thank you so much for saving our daughter. This means a lot to us!" I realize these two people were Steve and Marie Perry!! "You're welcome! I'm glad I could and that she wasn't hurt!" I smiled. Her parents each gave me a pat on the shoulder and a bone-crushing hug.

There was a tiny dance floor with a mic and an acoustic guitar. It was a beautiful, sunburst, heart-shaped guitar! "You can pick it up, ya know. It is yours!" I turned around. Kacey was standing behind me.

"What do you mean?" I asked, dumbstruck. "It's all yours. I found it and wanted to give it to you!" Her face gleamed. I gave her a huge hug. I had always wanted a nice guitar but I didn't have the money!

I slowly crept up to it, as if I were afraid it was going to bite me. It had a cute monogrammed strap with "Grace" in silver against a light blue background!

I slowly started to strum, random songs coming into my head. I looked around to the room filled with silence. I blushed. "Sorry, I'm not that good." I stuttered into the mic.

Applause broke out in the barn. "What?" I asked. "That was great!" I heard Kimberly cheer.

"What!? Really? Thank you!" I smiled. "Sing something!" I glanced at Neil. He was smiling. I started to sing:

"Ilsa was an acrobat who went and fell in love with that

Horatio the human cannonball.

A weddin' 'neath the big top tent with barkers clowns and elephants

Sideshow family oddities and all.

The dog-faced boy howled out with joy

As the tattooed lady was crying.

Ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning

It takes all kinds of kinds.

Thomas was a congressman with closets full of skeletons