Driving

Grace POV

        I sat in her truck, watching the clouds roll by with blurs of blues and whites. "Are you sure you can't tell me where we're going?" I whined playfully.

        "Yes. We're half way there!" I sighed. We had been in the truck for what felt like hours! "C'mon, cheer up! We're almost there. Then we're gonna take a trip to Lindale." She smiled.

        "Alright, sounds good to me!" I said. Uh oh, that's where Miranda lived.... "I'll have you back to them by tonight. So what happened between you two?" She asked gently.

        I sighed uncomfortably. My phone buzzed and I saw a text from Carrie: in Oklahoma, working at a charity for the shelter, so sorry I couldn't come! You should have a friend to talk things over with. Sorry! Feel free to call me, though.

        I texted back: "it's okay! And thanks for sending Kacey! I'll call you later. Thanks!

        I clicked my phone shut. "What's goin on in the digital world?" She laughed. "Sorry, Carrie wanted to check in. Thanks for coming!" "You're so welcome! Honey, I had no idea or I would've come sooner!" She gave me a one armed hug.

        "Anyway. So, what happened? Well when you feel like talking. We have about 30 minutes or so left." She said, glancing at me before returning to the road. It was almost night time but she had heart shaped sunglasses on.

        "Alright. Miranda called me about coming to our concert and I was in the hospital with Reid. She FaceTimed us and found out, and sped up there. She started taking out her anger on Kimberly and we got into a screaming match. I told her to stop taking out her anger on others... Which I shouldn't've told her and she left. I was just so angry because Kimberly had nothing to do with it. She simply shot him in the leg when he tried to shoot me in the mouth."

        There was a long silence and the truck jolted. "Wait what!? I wasn't told the whole story. That little..." She started muttering under her breath. "Yeah, my ex came back, greeted me with a bottle to the face and Reid with a knife to the arm. He tripped me and pulled a pistol. Kimberly shot him in the leg." Kacey whistled a low whistle.

        "Yeah. I think she accidentally shot him, but it still saved me." I said, smiling a bit. "Wow. Sounds like a trailer fight. Sheesh." Kacey joked. She was half serious. "I don't think it was right for Miranda to take out her anger on Kimberly. But we don't need a screaming match. I don't think it was anyone's fault." She said, logically.

        I nodded. "Thanks for that. I really didn't mean to start a fight." I said quietly. I returned to looking out the window. I was staring at random cows when the car came to a stop. "We're here." She smiled.

        I saw a little pink house with a white porch out in the country. "Where are we?" I asked. We seemed to be in the middle of nowhere, staring at this little two story farmhouse. "Welcome to Golden Texas Ms. Oakley!" Kacey laughed.

        "Really!? This is awesome! Do you still live here?" She nodded, shutting off the truck. The front door hung open. "Is that normal?" I asked. She rolled her eyes. "Kelly Musgraves! God! Were you raised in a barn!?" I started laughing. I really had no idea who she was talking about! A woman came out, clutching a shotgun.

        "Kelly! It's me." She said. The other woman threw down the gun. "Jeez. Kace. You scared me!" She laughed. They stood next to each other. I glanced from one to the other, they looked identical! Both had nose rings and brown hair! "What're you doin here?" Kacey asked. "I thought I'd surprise you, but you weren't home, so I used the extra key." She said. "Grace, Kelly, Kelly, Grace." Kacey introduced us.