We Gotta Get Out!

Grace POV

I looked at Miranda, she was turning white! It freaked me out! She fought to keep her eyes open. "We. We have to get her out, not matter what!" I whispered to Kimberly. She nodded. The men had left to get more supplies, after I had beat Sam up, earning me a blow to the head. I had earned him a few cuts.

I heard Kimberly's boot move, something fell out, her knife!! I saw her shadow pick it up, it reflected off whatever light we had from the tiny bulb. She began cutting her rope! It was agonizingly slow because of her wound, but she did it! She crawled over to me and cut mine. "We need to carry Miranda. I hope I'm strong enough!" She said. I hoped I was strong enough too. I had lost a lot of blood, we both had.

I dizzily got to my feet, falling twice. I was really dehydrated and had blood loss. In the end, I crawled over to Miranda. We untied her and I helped Kimberly with her. "We have to get moving! Who knows when they'll be back!" She said. I was glad that Miranda was not very tall, we were all about the same height! She suddenly came back and with us bearing her weight, she forced herself to move.

"We need something to patch the wound." I said, Miranda was bleeding like crazy. Kimberly took the shirt off her arm and tied it around Miranda's shoulder. She didn't even make a sound! Her face was determined.

I felt my adrenaline kick in. "We gotta move, now!" I heard a car door shut! I forced myself to keep moving up the stairs. We were finally to the top when I heard the front door open! The basement door locked from the inside!

I lifted the latch and we sprinted as fast as we could to the back door. I saw a truck and knew it was our only hope! "We gotta get to the truck!" I whispered. We sprinted out the back door and I tore the truck door open. "We don't have keys!" Kimberly yelled. "Give me the knife!" I said. My father had taught me how to hot wire a car for emergencies.

It started and I heard shouts, my adrenaline thundering in my ears, followed by gunshots. "We gotta go!" Kimberly yelled. I was fading from the blood loss. "Switch!" She ordered they were now approaching with their van!

I barely got out of the seat and could switch. Kimberly took off.

They shot out some glass from the back windshield! Kimberly swerved and narrowly avoided a tree. We just kept going, I didn't know where! Her arm was bleeding again!

"Don't tell me. I already know." She said, sounding panicked. We went faster! The car went through a ditch and launched itself. It landed on the ground, but the impact made the car slow. We hit something and the car rolled on its side, not fast enough to knock us out, fortunately. We sat in silence, my eyes half closed. A shadow approached the car. It was a man! He helped Kimberly out. Then, he and another person rolled the car enough to get me out.

We had strapped Miranda into the back seat! "We need. Ran." I managed to get out. There was a tiny crowd around now, we were on some back road. They lifted the truck and dragged her out. "We need to get to the hospital!" Kimberly yelled wildly. "I'll take them." A man spoke up. I just hoped they weren't some of Sam's friends.

It was now really dark out, and I heard the tire squeals of the other car! "Those men held us captive and are chasing us!" Kimberly screeched. Their car came down at a much slower pace. "Get in the car!" One of the men yelled at me. Another guy lead us to his car, he was driving a horse trailer! I barely heard bullets being fired as the guy helped us in. "Put her in the back." He said, taking about Miranda. They laid her across the seat. I was carried to the front, it could be turned into a three seater.

Kimberly sat next to me and he floored it, he had already unhooked the horse trailer. "Well, I'm Trent. Y'all are mighty lucky, we took a wrong turn to a horse show!" He said. We drove in silence, mostly me trying to stay awake.