Forty Five

"Don! Tati! Somebody, anybody!! Come here! It's an emergency!" I yelled from my bedroom. Don came running in with a naked and soapy baby and Tati running in soon after, tripping over her feet and falling on the floor. I laughed at the sight before me because it was damn funny. "What's wrong?" They both asked together. "Can one of you pass me the remote? I would get it but it's kinda far." I nodded to the device at the foot of the bed I shared with Don.

"Are you serious?" Don mugged me. I just smiled and looked away. "Ma! Ma!" Junior reached his chubby hand out to me. "Daddy got Mommy's big, juicy man all naked and cold." I leaned in to kiss his fat cheeks but Don walked out of the room earning a glare from me and a few whines from my baby. "Does that mean you won't give me the remote?" I called out. "Fuck outta here, B."

Snickers came from my left. "Stop laughing and hand me the remote." I mumbled. "My friends will be here in a hour or so. Don was supposed to take me shopping for snacks and stuff but I guess he forgot. Oh and we still have to order pizza." She reminded me and I was glad because I forgot that her friends would be here for the weekend. "Take any keys except the ones you know you can't drive and go get the snacks and drinks and whatever. Come right back because I refuse to entertain kids that aren't mine."

When Tati left out I pulled up the Pizza Hut website on my tablet and placed an order. I didn't know how much teenage girls ate now but I know when I was a teen I almost shared the same appetite as a teenage boy. I was always a greedy being. I figured that ten pizzas should be great and if they didn't go I would call Ant and company up.

"I got the boy down to sleep." Don announced as he came walking in the room. "What you want a cookie or something?" I asked him. "You better watch who you talking to." "You better watch who you talking to." I mocked and laughed before I felt Don's big ass hand pop my mouth. "Touch me again Adonis, go ahead and do it. Popping me in the fucking mouth like I'm your kid or I did something to you. Know when somebody is playing with your stupid ass, always getting the fuck serious. Joke sometimes." I snapped standing up.

"Shut up Britni." I rolled my eyes at him and did exactly what he said. My mouth was shut and I was getting away from him before we fought. I wasn't in the mood to deal with him while he was having his male menstrual cycle. The bell rang when I got to the bottom of the steps. It hadn't been a hour so it shouldn't be Tati's friends. Swinging the door open it was Brian on the opposite side. "I got the job." Was all he said pushing his way in the house. "What job?" I asked confused and following him into the living room.

"You are looking at the newest member of Thomas Bally's dance troupe. I'm about to blow up!" He said making me scream. "Ahhh Brian, I'm so proud of you! Congratulations." I hugged him and kissed his cheek. "Thank you. Like seriously thank you Britni because I wouldn't have made it without you kicking my ass these past couple of months with my audition routines and helping me perfect my craft. I love you so much for that." "Stop it, you're going to make me cry. Damn it Brian!" I sniffed wiping away my tears. I was crying because I was so happy for him and this was his dream. We talked for a few more minutes before he left and Tati came through the door with bags and bags.

"Did I take long? I walked past the baby section in Target and got these toys for Juicy or Junior or Adonis or I wish y'all would figure out his nickname because he answers to everything." She rushed out making me laugh. "He does have a million and one names but that's everybody fault. It's Juicy or Junior, Adonis only when he gets in trouble or you need his attention." I explained while I scooped some banana pudding that Nana made for me the day before into a bowl. "Cash for the pizza is on the table, don't eat the double beef double cheese one. That's mine.I'll be upstairs." I left the kitchen and went upstairs.

"You still acting like a dick?" I asked Don once I was comfortable on the bed. "Depends. You trying to suck mine?" He flipped channels. "You trying to choke on mine? It ain't hit the back of somebody throat in a long ass time." I said back. I wasn't trying to pick with him at all. He had been with a piss ass attitude all week and I was tired of it. "Whatever."