Forty Three

"Kyra, don't put me in anymore ugly dresses. I'm the maid of honor which is higher up than a bridesmaid so I deserve to look nice." I complained from the podium in the dress shop that we were in. Kyra had me in a cranberry colored spaghetti strapped knee length dress with ruffles around the hem. I looked like I was about to go salsa dancing. It was just horrible and I couldn't believe that she was doing this to me. "Brit, you look beautiful. And I'm sorry that your dress won't look as good as mine." Ky laughed out.

"Come on, it's standard in the wedding party that the bridesmaids get the ugly dress, maid of honor gets the dress that's like pretty and such and the bride shuts all of them down. Either way, I won't look as good as you on your wedding day but I'm begging you to put me in a cute dress." I said trying to make her see that I shouldn't be in this horrible choice of a dress. "You're right." She sighed. "I am?" I was shocked at the fact that she was agreeing with me. I had already prepared myself to be yelled for giving my opinion.

"Yeah. I mean you won't look as fine as I do but I understand your pain and I agree with you. You can pick the dress that you like as long as you don't try and outdo me or I'll have to hurt you." She smiled. "I won't." I promised. "Just remember when you and Don get married I get to choose my dress. Now hurry up because I'm hungry." After about forty more minutes of trying dresses on I found one that both Ky and I agreed on and we left the shop.

"So, it's almost the day." Ky started dancing in her seat and I shook my head at her. "I know that Kyra, I don't need reminders. I remind myself every morning and night. My phone even has the reminder but thanks for telling me." I told her after thanking the waiter for the sweetened iced tea that I had ordered. "Well aren't you excited? You don't seem like you are."

Her question had me stuck. Was I excited? I didn't even know anymore. Anxious? Yes. But excited? Ehhh. Six weeks ago after meeting with and talking to Renee, I let my dad know about what happened and Ant gave him the recording. My dad did his lawyer magic and Don was moved to the local county jail and was to be set free a week from then.

That was a month ago when his release date was set. He had been moved back to the jail at home the week of his original release date. This was all good but he received some extra time due to an incident with one of the other prisoners who I later found out was Jayden. Renee and her crazy ass actually kept her word as far as the entire Jayden issue.

I wasn't sure how long Jayden was down for but I did know that Renee got a good four years for perjury. None of my business because in a few days it would be just me and my man and nobody else mattered.

"I don't know Kyra. I mean I think that I am but maybe it just hasn't hit me yet." I shrugged. "I understand. Don't worry you'll feel it." "True but I'm upset because as far as I'm concerned he could have been home by now but he just had to get into some trouble. Why throw months of good behavior away?" Kyra just shrugged her shoulders. Of course she didn't know. Once we finished our food Kyra dropped me off at my car that was parked at the dress shop and I headed home.

"Adonis!" I squealed causing him to look my way once I walked through the door. He was in his jumping bouncer and began babbling when I was finally into his view. "Hi Juicy." I grabbed him and placed kisses all over his face. "Mommy missed you. Where's your uncle, he left you in this big room all alone?" I placed him on my hip and we went to the kitchen where I mashed some pears up to feed him.

"Aw shit. Did he climb out of the bouncer? I was gone five minutes and- Britni is going to kill me. Somebody kidnapped the kid." I heard Maleek talking from the living room. I pulled my phone out and sent him a text asking about the baby. "And she just text me. How do I tell her that I lost her kid? Shit I'm as good as dead." I knew that he was sitting on the couch with a scared expression on his face instead of searching the house.