Twenty Seven

Three days later and I was ready to go home. With the doctors warnings, I was to take it easy, keep calm and eat a bit better with less salt intake. To me that meant that I was to say goodbye to my eating bags of the Lay's chips and snickers, plenty of Chinese food and all. He never said to stop having sex though. I was sitting on the side of the hospital bed dressed and ready to go, swinging my feet and talking to Taryn, my nurse. These past three days I had kind of grown to like her. On her down time she would come and talk to me and we just clicked.

"Your ride seems to be taking a long time." "I know right. My sucky family probably forgot or something." I mumbled. 'How could nobody be here to pick me up when they knew last night that I was being discharged this morning? "Have you talked to your brother?" she wondered. "Nope and I don't want to. Not right now." I looked over at her. "His loyalty doesn't lie with me, his girlfriends are more important. Like how could he not come see about me until the next day? You have no idea how much that hurt and bothers me."

"Oh girl, please don't start crying again. We ran out of tissues last night." She laughed coming to sit by me and rubbing my back. Last night I had the waterworks going because Don couldn't stay with me and Taryn was right there. "Shut up. It's these pregnancy hormones." I sniffed.

"I kinda like you Taryn. We should've met sooner and not under these circumstances." "Same here. I have other patients to check on and you're hogging up all their time. I'll see you if you're still here once I'm done." she stood up and hugged me. "Well if not, let's exchange numbers. I could use another friend." I smiled.

Once Taryn had left out, nobody other than Anthony walked in. "You ready to go?" he asked picking up my bag which I snatched from him. "Not with your fake ass." He rubbed his hand over his face. "Come on, I said I was sorry." I laughed a humorless laugh. "You are absolutely right." I pulled my phone out and called my dad. While waiting for him to answer, my twin and I had a stare off in which he gave up on.

"Hey Brit, you home?" my dad answered. "No, Daddy can you please come get me?" "Why? I sent Anthony to get you, I'm at work." he said softly. Obviously he didn't know we were beefing. "Daddy, please." I begged him. "We aren't on good terms and-" He cut me off with a sigh. "Just ride with him baby, you don't have to talk to him. Just let him take you home. How many times have you two been on bad terms? It never lasts long." 'Every time he puts a bitch over me.' I thought.

"I have a meeting with a client soon and I just can't." "Bye." I said hanging up not wanting to hear it. Call it childish and immature but I didn't want to be around him. "Let's go. Don't say anything to me. Just drop me off and keep moving." I brushed past him. Hospital rules were for me to leave out in a wheelchair but I was perfectly capable of walking.

The ride in the car was so silent and there was tension all throughout. Once we pulled in the driveway, I unbuckled the seatbelt and opened the door. I was having a hard time getting out due to my stomach and being so low on the ground. "A little help here?" I looked over at my brother.

He rolled his eyes while shifting the gear into park. "Don't know why you rolling your eyes like you're the one with the problem. I should slap them shits out the sockets." I told him as he helped me out the car. "Can we talk about this Brit?"

Looking him in his eyes I wanted to see if he was really wanting to talk. He was but I wasn't trying to. "No. Maybe tomorrow because I don't feel like going there with you. I'm tired, hungry and feeling dirty. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get inside." I left him standing there.

Nobody would understand why I feel the way that I do and am so upset with Ant. When you're a twin, that's your first real and true friend and no other person matters. You learn from the jump that you have one another's back through any time no matter what.

I was there for him through everything that he went through even when I was away at college and he didn't have anyone. Never did I leave him in the dark or to be alone. We were too close for that. The only time I didn't have him was when he was romantically involved.

After the whole April thing, one would think he wouldn't fuck me over on a broad but I guess that part of him never changed. Out of everyone who came to the hospital that night, I wanted him there and the fact that he didn't come until the next morning pissed me off. The thing was that I would drop everything and run for him and he couldn't do the same just this one time. It was whatever.

I decided on a shower and then relaxing in the bathtub. The bath water was so relaxing and the soft music playing set a nap that I wasn't expecting off. "Hey.." I heard and felt hands shaking me. Opening my eyes I saw Don sitting on the side of the tub. "You know better than to get in here and fall asleep. What if you went under? And you would've had trouble getting out." he scolded me. "I just wanted to relax and falling asleep was unplanned." I mumbled.

"Yeah well next time wait until I'm home." He pulled me up and wrapped me into a warm towel before carrying me into the bedroom. "Can you lotion my legs? I can't do it unless...well I just can't." I pouted because I couldn't reach my legs without my stomach hurting. After Don had lathered my whole body in lotion, I pulled out cocoa butter and began rubbing it into my belly.

"You know that doesn't work right?" he laughed stretching out onto the bed. "How do you know? You been pregnant before?" "No but that's a myth. Look at all the hoodrats out there with stretch marks. I know for a fact they tried this cocoa butter thing and well, it didn't work."

"Well I'm no hoodrat and it's going to work. I don't want to walk around looking like I been in the jungle fighting tigers." I said while hitting him with a pillow before leaning over to kiss him. "I missed these lips." I mumbled onto his. "You just felt them yesterday." "That wasn't a real kiss and you know it." Taking his large hand in mine, I started playing with his fingers. "What's on your mind?"

Shrugging my shoulders I shook my head. "What happened to our communicating more? Talk." "I don't know how to word what I want to say." He lifted my face to his. "You know how to word everything else. Now talk." Dropping his hand, I took my own and ran my fingers through my hair. "I never thought I'd be here. Like all in love, living with my boyfriend, pregnant...in love." He laughed at me. "You already said in love." I cut my eyes at him.

"I know what I said. I said it twice because I really am. Who would've thought it?" "Am I supposed to answer that?" Don asked pulling me into him as I lightly slapped his chest. "I'm just kidding. I love you, girl. Just think if your brother didn't get you out the house that Friday night. I would've never met you and your Newport smoking ass again." I laughed a little at that before responding. "We would have crossed paths someway, somehow."

"Do you want to go somewhere?" Don asked after a moment of silence. "Go where?" I looked up at him and he hunched his right shoulder. "Anywhere you want to go. I know you get tired of being home all day doing nothing. No food though." My face frowned up. "I'm not hungry anyway. How about we go register for gifts." He shook his head no.

"We have to do it soon, why not now." Standing, I made my way into the closet. "Because that's boring." "Your face is boring." I laughed coming back out the closet. As I struggled to pull a pair of leggings on I could hear Don laughing at me. "Don't laugh. Over there like it's funny when you should be helping me." Once I was dressed, coat and scarf on we made our way to my old car. I didn't want him driving my Mercedes even if he was a safe driver. Nobody but me was driving that.

"I would like to go somewhere before the baby gets here." I said a few minutes into the drive. Don glanced at me. "Go where? You not flying no damn where so it better be local." I shook my head at him. "I never said I wanted to fly somewhere. Plus you know I'm afraid of planes. Just want to go away for a couple of days is all." "I'll see what I can do." was all he said.

"Why didn't you say that we were coming to take pictures? I look a hot ass mess, look at my hair!" He only laughed at me as he came over to the passengers side to help me out. "You look beautiful. I noticed that you don't take many pictures so that's why I brought you here." "You really think I look beautiful?" I asked ignoring everything else. "More than. Now come on." He grabbed my hand and led me into the portrait shop.

I was having way too much fun in front of the camera and the different props. "Babe, come take some with me." He shook his head. "I look a mess." his voice mocked me from earlier. "Tell him to take some pictures." I said to the photographer who was just standing there smiling at us. "Come on man. If I learned anything from my wife while she was pregnant it's never say no and always do what she wants." he laughed.

"Thank you. Finally a man who knows what he's talking about." I started clapping my hands. Don got up and joined me and about an hour later, we were walking out with two picture packages. One of all me and the other the both of us.

"We look so cute." I cooed looking at the candid one of us where he was trying to kiss me but my hand was pushing him away. "Cute is for kittens B. I'm no kitten." "Whatever. Let's go to New York, I wanna see where you grew up at." Crossing my fingers I was hoping that he said yes. "B, I don't-" he started to say but I cut him off. "Please? Plus I know Nana wants to see me and I can finally learn to make your favorite dish." It was quiet and his face was all twisted up as he thought about it. "I'll take you but you aren't going until you're back cool with your brother."

Looking out the car window, I noticed a Wendy's. "I'm hungry, stop at Wendy's. I never said we weren't cool, just that I'm upset with him. What's so wrong with being upset with someone? It's not a crime." I looked at the menu as Don placed his order.

"I want two spicy nuggets and honey mustard and a large caramel shake." After paying and receiving the food, we went on home. "Well you need to not be upset." Don said pulling into the driveway. "Why does it matter to you? Drop it." I mumbled.

After some thought and everyone in my ear about my not speaking to Ant, I got up and dressed to head over to his house. "Where you going this time of night?" I looked behind me to see Don still laying down with his right arm over his face and left hand in his boxers. I never understood why guys do that. "To see a man about a horse. I'll be back in about a hour." "Hurry back and be careful." he told me spreading his body across the bed more. "Aye aye captain."

I knocked and knocked on his door for almost five minutes before it was snatched open. I was face to face with a girl. She was chunky, kinda cute though. This must be Mia. Although she worked as my dad's receptionist, I had never met her or just never paid any attention to her. "So are we going to have an eye staring contest while I stand in this cold air or..." I trailed off. "I'm sorry, who are you?" she asked looking as if she was about to shut the door in my face.

I mentally rolled my eyes. 'She over here answering doors like this is her shit.' I thought. I started to be petty but to the human eye, one look at me should tell her who I was. Ant and I do look alike, I'm just a bit darker. "His sister. Excuse me." I walked past her and headed to the bedroom where I heard movement.

"Twin." I called covering my eyes incase he wasn't dressed. "I'm dressed you can uncover your eyes." I heard the smile in his voice. "Mia let you in? Did you speak or were you rude?" "I speak unless spoken to. I would have said hello but shorty had my pregnant ass in the cold air while she mugged me, looking like she was about to shut the door in my face. And I wished she would have." I chuckled a small one.

He just shook his head at me. "Soooo..." he trailed off. "I'm not here to apologize for what I said if that's what you think. I came to let you know we still cool and shit, you do fucked up shit to me when it comes to your girlfriends but I've realized that you always do that. You can't stop. Why, I don't know." I stopped and waited to see if he was going to say anything. He didn't.

"It's okay. Just don't come to me acting as though it's my fault that we don't see each other or hang out. That's on you not me. Our days where it used to be just us, stopped because of you not me. You are left out of so many things it's crazy Anthony," I sighed sitting next to him on the bed. "You can't get caught up and forget about your day ones and where your loyalty is. You do it too much and you won't have to worry about me anymore. I put that on everything."

"Alright Britni, damn you talk too much. I got the point a long time ago. And I'm sorry, I really am. Whenever you call, I'm there." He pulled me up and hugged me before kissing the top of my head. "I love you." We both said together. "Stop doing that." we said again before laughing.

"I'll be going now. My big baby is probably worrying about me." "Okay bye." he said a little too fast making me turn and smirk. "By the way twin, when did you become a chubby chaser?" I giggled. "Shutup. She isn't chubby." he said through gritted teeth.

"Chubby, chunky, fat, plus size....same thing." I shrugged. "You do realize you are chubby, right?" He began pushing me out the door. "Because of my baby. Without this pregnant belly and the large consumption of food, I'm thick. There is a difference. Cute girl though." I shook his hands off of me. "Tell her I said bye."

"Long hour, that must be some horse you went to see about." I ignored him and began stripping out of my clothes before climbing into his lap. Massaging his chest, I moved to sit right on his member. "Why?" he groaned. "Because, sex is healthy." I giggled out while dipping my head down to kiss him. "You can ride, I'm too tired to put in work."

I shrugged before saying "I just wanted to sit on it. Nothing else." His deep voice belted out a laugh. "Why?" "It feels good." I fought a yawn and rolled onto my side. "Get some sleep B." Don whispered. "I'm tired of sleeping." I whined. "Let's talk about names again." He said nothing to that. "Fine, I'll just name him Thurgood." "Fuck that. He's going to be a junior."

I slid under the covers before grabbing the remote control. "We don't need another Adonis Smith in this world." "...." I looked over at him. "Don?" Only response was his light snores. 'Guess I'm up alone.' I thought while tuning into The First 48.

Around 3AM, Don woke up and I was still vampin'. I watched as he stood and walked into the bathroom to release himself. "What you still doing up?" he wondered, sleep still covered in his voice. "We can't sleep." "Turn the television off and try." he ordered while taking the remote control from me and doing so. "Are your breast still sore?" I shook my head in the negative. "Turn out that light and slide over."

Following only the first half of his instructions I hit the light and lay on my side. "You not listening to me?" A smile played on my lips but I didn't say anything. "I know you over there smiling." His hands found their way under my shirt and to my breasts. "Don..." I tried moving away but he gripped me tight. "That's right, say my name baby." "You're so corny. Like somebody wants to say your name." I told him in a tired voice as his hands tweaked my nipples.

"You right. I would rather you scream it." He bit my neck and sucked on the spot he bit earning a moan from me. "You keep it up, we gonna have baby number two. Now, let me be great and fall asleep." I mumbled.

I woke up to my phone ringing and blindly felt for it. Gripping it into my hand and answering, I answered. "Why the hell are you calling this early in the fucking day." I grumbled out. "Is that the way to pick up the phone when your dad is calling? With a potty mouth?" Sitting up and yawning, I mumbled a sorry. "I was calling to see what you were doing today. I took the day off and decided why not spend a little time with my eldest daughter?" his voice was hopeful making me smile.

"I'll be over a little after noon. It is still early Daddy, it's your day off so you get some rest until eleven o'clock or so. Tell Mommy to handle Alayna, I'll see you later. Love you." Hanging up without a response I cuddled back up to Don and drifted back to sleep.

"Old man." I yelled walking into the house. "I'll be down in a second." Finding my way to the kitchen, I grabbed a bottled water and sat down. My feet were killing me for some reason.

"Hey Daddy." I stood hugging him as he entered. "Hey. You ready to go?" He kissed my cheek. "I am. Where we going?" I prepared to put my coat back on. "We're staying in." he stopped me. "Well why ask if I'm ready to go?" He just smiled and headed to the fridge. "Are you hungry? I'll make us some lunch and stuff."

"When am I not? No fish and no lunch meat, that's top on my list of what not to eat. Oh and nothing Italian or-" "Baby girl, I'm half your age and went through two pregnancies. I think I know what you can and can't eat and I know what you and my grandson don't like." he interrupted making me silent.

Moments later we were sitting down eating grilled chicken sandwiches and salad. "You're the best Daddy. Don doesn't cook like this, he doesn't even cook for me." I said after biting my sandwich. "So he lets you starve? I wouldn't believe that." "Well not starve."

"You know, I actually like the kid. I knew him when he was growing up. His dad and I were roommates in college and I was his lawyer until his death." Sipping my fruit punch, I listened. "Well, how come we never met him back then?" I wanted to know.

"You did. He'd come spend a month in the summer with us every year until he turned fourteen, you don't remember." I sat and thought about any kid coming for the summer. And it hit me.

"Daddy...Don was the little fat boy with the thick glasses who used to chase me with the little garden snakes and frogs?" He burst out into laughter before answering. "Yes. Never thought he would be the guy you would be with did you?" "No. But why didn't I know or remember? Like how did I not know it was him? I mean I always wondered how you two were close even before we started dating." I wondered aloud.

"I have a secret to tell you." I looked up at my dad. What I was about to tell him was something that I had sworn to secrecy alone. Buried it with a bunch of unwanted childhood memories. "I like secrets. Spill." I blushed even though you couldn't see the red color on my cheeks.

"He...h-he uhh. Hewasmyfirstkissandineverwantedanybodytoknowandnowimtellingyou." "Child you better say that again." he said giving me a weird look. "Okay. He was my first kiss and I never wanted anybody to know and now, I'm telling you."

I bit my lip watching his reaction. "I know. I know everything Britni. I know things that your own twin and mother don't know, for instance, that you gave your virginity to Terron. The experimenting with girls, Kyra especially." I looked away when he said that. "I even know that one time you let-" "Daddy, I get the point. Stop embarrassing me." I covered my face with my hands.

"You ready to go watch the Heat games I've missed?" my dad asked clearing the table. "I missed them too so yeah, I am." I replied. "Team Heat since '88. Ooh kill'em!" That earned a laugh from me.

"Daddy please don't say that again." I begged but he continued saying it all the way into the tv room. We spent the rest of the day watching basketball games and talking until my mom and Alayna came home. I decided then that I would head home.

"Britni! Come in here!" Don yelled from the kitchen as soon as I opened the door. "I don't feel like it, you come-ah!" I bent over and grabbed my stomach. "Are you alright?" Don was by my side like five seconds later, maybe less. "I'm fine but he finally kicked instead of his slight movements." I whispered in awe.

"Come here. Let me feel." Don said excitedly while lifting my shirt, placing his hands on my belly. The baby didn't do anything. "That's fucked up." He frowned. "I'll warn you at the next time."

"Alright. Come in the kitchen. I made you some alfredo but I put beef tips because I'm sure you're tired of chicken. Oh and those cookies that you like." 'Just when I said he doesn't cook.' I thought. "Thanks. I was wondering what that smell was."

Don lead me into the kitchen where he made my plate. We made small talk during dinner, which was delicious. "You should cook more often. Give me a break and stop having me order out all the time." I told him while handing him a plate to rinse. "I'm straight."

I drained the water from the sink and decided to scoop the remaining bubbles and flicked them at Don. Before I could move out of the kitchen, he had grabbed me. "You thought you was gonna get away?" He asked tickling my sides, making me squeal with laughter. "Yes. Stop, the baby!" I tried using the excuse but Don didn't fall for it. "He's fine." "Babe, I gotta pee! I- come on stop before I go on the floor."

He let me go and I raced into the bathroom. "Move, I'm not your friend." I pushed him out of my way. "But you put those bubbles on my face." "So?" I asked wrapping my arms around his waist. "I should bite you." he growled. "Don't tempt me with a good time Adonis." I smiled. "I don't want to tempt you Britni." He said in a low voice, backing me into the wall and kissing my smiling lips. "So you want to show me?" I questioned in between kisses.

"Mhm. More than you will ever know. I think I'm addicted to you. Every time I see you, I just want to have my way with you." Sliding my hands up his shirt I started rubbing circles in his back. "Like right now, right here but you know we leaving early in the morning." I stopped the circles and looked at him to see if he was playing. "Where are we going?"

"New York. I told Nana we coming for the weekend so she's expecting us. But I'll take you somewhere else maybe next month because this isn't a real getaway." I hugged him tight. "You don't have to do all of that, this one weekend is fine. Just get me something nice and shiny for my birthday in two weeks."

"Whatever you'd like B." he kissed my forehead. "I ever told you I love you?" Nodding my head I told him, "Plenty of times. I love you too." "Always?" he asked putting his pinky out. "Always." I laughed latching my pinky onto his as we made eye contact.