Eight

"Sorry that I wanted to leave early.  I'm sure you weren't ready."  I apologized to Ant.  He waved me off.  "It's cool."  The car was silent as we arrived at my place.  I went to open the door but he stopped me. "Wait."

I turned to him.  "I knew about Renée.". He noticed my look of confusion and continued.  "Don's girlfriend."  I started laughing.  "You knew and didn't tell me?"  I had been playing myself thinking about being with him all this time and my twin didn't bother to put me on.  "So you wanted me to look stupid because that's how I feel right about now,".

I stared at my brother as he sat there like he had no care in the world.  He shrugged.  "I told you not to do it."  "I just thought you were being overprotective!" I was hot right now.  "Why does it even matter?  Like really, why are you mad?  You don't do relationships."

I was finished talking so I gathered my things back up and exited the car, slamming the door in the process.  "Don't be slamming my shit Britni!"  Ant shouted.  Still walking I flipped him off.  He knew I caught feelings for Adonis.  I hardly ever catch feelings but the one time that I do, they get crushed because the guy had a secret girlfriend.

A week had passed and I was getting calls, surprise visits and one sided conversations from both Ant and Adonis.  I understand that I should probably forgive them but not yet.  Ant would be first since he was my brother and best friend.

"Really Brit, how long are you going to make them sweat?"  Kyra asked me as I stretched before a class.  I bent over to the front and sighed.  "I'm not sure.". I lay on my back and lifted my leg up. "Push back on my leg."  She complied.  "I say you forget about the girlfriend thing and get your man." 

Sitting up, I glared at her "I'm no homewrecker.  I may not give a shit about the relationship but I won't act on it.  End of discussion." I spoke letting her know to leave it.  Class flew by and I locked up before going separate ways from Kyra.

Approaching my car I saw a figure standing near it.  "Hey." he spoke.  "What Anthony?" I asked annoyed.  "You keep ignoring me.  That's what." He started.  "We're siblings.  We argue, fight whatever and move the fuck on."  "You forgot leave each other in the dark.  Now move, I have to go."  I pulled off leaving him standing there.

"Oh no baby, put that dress back!"  my mom snapped.  I sighed putting it back.  We were just now trying on dresses for her and my father's anniversary where they were renewing their vows next weekend.  Reason so late is because my mom didn't want anyone to gain or lose weight and the dresses had to be perfect.  "Ma come on now, I'm tired and my feet hurt.  You are acting like a bridezilla." I complained.  "I'm marrying the love of my life all over again, you don't know anything about that now do you?"  A smile playing on her lips.  "Whatever." I grabbed the dresses in her hand and headed to the dressing room.

By time I got home I was so tired, I fell asleep on the couch.  When I woke up I heard movement in the kitchen.  I quietly ran up the steps and retrieved my gun and slowly but quietly went towards the sounds.  "So you gonna shoot me now?"  I let a shot off allowing the bullet to whiz past his head. He didn't even flinch.  Punk ass.

"If I wanted to I would."  I told him seriously.  "Why are you here Ant?"  He smiled and gestured to the table.  I saw chicken wings, cheetos, sour patch watermelons and Pepsi.  I grabbed a wing and sat down while he sat across from me.  "What you been up to?" I glared at him before ripping open a bag of cheetos.  "Just because you brought my favorite foods here don't mean I'm not mad." I had to let him know.  "So you forgive me?"  he asked while grabbing a piece of chicken.  I slapped his hand causing him to drop it.  "I been forgave you." I said honestly. 

"Do you forgive Don?"  He wondered.  I gave him a look.  "I'm just saying. He's still your partner for mommy and daddy's anniversary.  Forgive him.  Don't bring that bad shit that happened to their day."  Ant grabbed my hand when I looked away.

I looked up at him.  "Promise you'll think about it." I nodded.  I was ready to stop being mad and petty.  Right?  "Alright I'm out." he said getting up from the table.  "Okay. See you later." I said standing to hug him.  He lifted me up.

"Here." he handed me my phone.  "Call him now."  "Don't tell me what to do." I warned.  Soon as he walked out, I went to Adonis name and clicked on it.  It seemed as though the rings were dragging out forever.  Finally he picked up.  "Hello?" oh my, that voice! "Uh... hey," I started stuttering. "I..." "I know what you called to say B.  If it's that hard then stop trying."  I heard the smile in his voice.  "No. I'll say it. I forgive you."  I finally got it out.  "Can I see you?" he questioned.  "That's not a good-"  "Just to talk. I'm at the studio.". And he hung up.  I didn't think it was a good idea to go but somehow I found myself driving towards the studio.  Probably headed for trouble.