Twenty Nine

"Britni you have five seconds to get out of my office before I call security." my mom threatened me with a smile playing on her face. "Aw Mommy, you would really do that to me? Let me lay on this couch and tell you my problems, help you become better at this shrink job." I laughed.

"I'm not a shrink." she defended. "Whatever you would like to call it. When's your lunch break because we are starving." She gave me a look of confusion until I pointed at my stomach. "Oh, I forget you're with child sometimes." Rolling my eyes I stood up and looked at her schedule on her desk to see that she was free until two. It was half past noon and we were just sitting here.

"Are we going to eat or not?" I asked tapping my right foot against the wood floor. "I can't sweetie, I have files and intakes to go through. Tomorrow we can have lunch or dinner, all of us." she said apologetically. "I don't want all of us, I want to go with you and you only." I whined. "Okay. Alright just the two of us." "See you tomorrow then." I kissed her cheek before leaving out.

Getting in my car, I decided on heading to the dance studio. Sitting home was boring, I was running out of things to do and getting tired of watching the ratchets on Bill Cunningham. He was worse than Maury minus the paternity tests. Not watching where I was going while entering the door, I bumped into something hard and almost on the ground. It wasn't until the person had grabbed me did I know it was Adonis just from his touch.

"Baby, you really need to watch where you're going. Are you alright?" he asked once I was steady. "I'm fine. What are you doing here?" It was strange for him to be here while I wasn't. "Nothing much, had to chat with Kyra." I looked in his eyes to see wether he was lying to me or not and he wasn't. "Well where you headed to now?" "Studio. I'll be home late so don't wait up for me." he said.

This was nothing new. Ever since we came back from New York, almost all of his time was spent at that studio or getting the plans for his club in Atlanta in order. I know that's how he makes some of his money but I felt like he was avoiding me. I would be sleep when he got in and he would leave before I would wake up. Even our phone calls were short and sweet. And this was really my first time seeing him.

He missed things that the baby would do in my belly and I had to witness it alone. I didn't like it at all and never really had the chance to let him know. I didn't plan to let him know that I was awake that night in New York and I was basically just waiting on him.

"I won't. I'll see you whenever then I guess." I said while stepping around him. "What do you mean you'll see me whenever?" he asked grabbing my hand. "Just what it means. I don't see you like that for some unknown reason besides the fact that you're working so I'll see you around." Don stared at me hard before letting my hand go. The way that he was staring made me uncomfortable in a way.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I wondered. "No reason." he said shaking his head and kissing my forehead and walking away.

"Look what the wind dragged in." Brian said coming to hug me. As soon as he did, the baby kicked. "What the hell was that?" he asked laughing but quickly pulling away from me. "I believe the baby was kicking you." I smiled rubbing my belly.

"You better get little Jackie Chan on out of there, kicking like that!" I burst into laughter. "I miss this place but not as much as I miss dancing." "I miss you, Kyra just doesn't brighten up my day. She's been crazy and grumpy lately. Do you know that she forced me to go wedding dress shopping when you went away? Worst four hours of my life! Everything was looking the same after the third one." Brian said in a way too dramatic manner while throwing his arm over my shoulder.

"Aw I'm sorry boo. Next time I'll be there then that way we can use the excuse of my back hurting or me being hungry. Only if it gets out of hand though." I told him. "Sounds good but I'm not going. I'm no bridesmaid, that shop had me questioning my sexual orientation the way I was judging those dresses."

"What exactly do you mean?" He gave me a blank stare. "Nothing. Jeez you're so slow sometimes Brit." he mumbled as we entered an open studio. "Why did you bring me in here? Now I want to dance." I pouted. "You're pregnant, not handicapped." "My balance isn't right, one wrong turn and I can fall on my stomach." I pointed out. "Oh yeah."

I sat in a chair and watched Brian go to work until Kyra came and stole me away. "You look tired as hell boo. Are you getting your rest like you should be?" Waving her off I spoke, "I get way too much rest, tired of sleeping actually. It makes me feel lazy."

"I know what you mean but onto better things." Kyra said clapping her hands together. "I need you to go home and set up your registry so that I can get these shower invites out." 'Yeah, alone.' I thought. "I'll get around to it maybe on the weekend or something when Don isn't working." We continued talking until I decided to head on home.

The house was so quiet and I swear that I could hear every noise in there. It was annoying to no end and a little scary because the house was so large, it wasn't even a long time before I grabbed my keys and left out. While driving to my apartment, I tried dialing Don to let him know where I would be. Two times I called and no answer. How hard was it to pick up the phone? We only talked for one minute now so that was nothing. What if something was wrong? I parked my car in a spot and sat there before trying once more only to have the same results.

Not wanting to stress over it, I went on inside. The phone went off and I thought it was him but it was only my twin. "Hello brother." I sang out. "Where you at?" he asked. "In the kitchen about to stuff my face with a fruit salad and honey." "I knew you were in a kitchen but where? Like who's kitchen dummy."

Rolling my eyes I told him "At my apartment, I got scared at Don's alone." "Ole scary ass. I'll be over in a little bit." he said. "No Anthony. I want to be alone." He kissed his teeth, "Bullshit. I'm coming over there because for one it's a storm about to happen and two. I have white chocolate." Once I heard white chocolate I was sold. It was my new favorite thing to mix with my chips. "Hurry up on over here." I smiled before hanging up.

"I missed you twin." Ant told me hugging me. "l Missed you more." "Do you want to tal-" I cut him off. "I don't want to talk about it. Just want to go to sleep." He looked at me with a knowing look before nodding. "Well let's go to bed then." "Gotta finish my bowl of fruit first. And hand over that white chocolate." I told him raising the bowl up.

Shifting in my sleep, I felt eyes on me. The last time that I woke up to a pair of eyes was the day Anthony came to talk after one of our fallouts. "Why are you staring at me? That's creepy as fuck." I mumbled. "We need to talk." My eyes popped open at the voice. "Talk about what Adonis because you haven't been saying much of anything to me lately." Walking into the bathroom where I began brushing my teeth and washing my face after.

"You weren't home when I got there." he said while pulling me into him. "And you're never home when I go to sleep or when I wake up. I even called you to tell you but, you know." I pushed away from him. "That's how we doing it B? You know I be working."

More like avoiding me. "And that's fine but you always worked and coming home was never an issue. Why is it one now? Are you avoiding me or something?" I sat on the bed and waited on a response. He never gave me one.

"Oh so you are?" I shook my head. "I'm not Britni, I'm just not ready to talk about anything." "I was never ready to talk about things with you but I did." I pointed out making him look away. "Your right, just give me time. That's all I'm asking." I looked at him crouched down in front of me. "Okay." I said biting my bottom lip. "I have to go back down to Atlanta. Just three days this time so make sure that you take car-" he stopped talking as I placed my hand over his mouth. "I'm going."

Removing my hand he sighed. "Baby, I'll be working and you'll be bored and all." "Alright then. Will you be back in time for our next appointment?" I asked him. "Uh, yeah. I'll be there." His voice was a bit hesitant. "When do you leave?" "Tomorrow morning." I sighed and bit my lip. "Can you make today for me then?" Hoping that he would I stared down at him. "I really-" "Please?" "Okay, I'll make today for you."

"Don't make it seem like this is a favor Adonis." I told him quietly. "I'm not it's just that you know I've been busy and yeah we haven't seen each other much and I apologize for that Britni. I do." He ran his hands up and down my bare arms. "Okay, I just wanted to be with you. All these days have been lonely as hell." I mumbled into his shirt as I hugged him tight.

"Sooooo." I dragged out slowly. "That voice and you dragging out the word can only mean that you want to talk or something is up." Don sighed as he started rubbing my stomach earning a few kicks from the baby. "Valentines Day is next week and then my birthday. I mean I'm just telling you incase you forgot." I looked at my nails that badly needed a fill-in.

"I ain't even gonna lie to you. I did forget about Valentines Day trying to get shit right for your birthday and all." "As long as you got me something good and shiny.." Don laughed but I didn't see a damn thing to be funny. "Are you giving me hints to some type of jewelry because all this good and shiny stuff you're saying makes me think so."

"I'm just saying that if a necklace is what you want to get me, there's one at that little store in the mall. I kind of put it on hold so you can get it." I shrugged. "You are something else Britni Lashae. I'll see what I can do." "Yeah, you better." I said while kissing his lips.

"Can you massage my back?" I turned over on my side, my back facing him. "I could but you should let me massage something else afterwards." He whispered while biting the right side of my neck making me shiver. "I would like that but no." I just wanted to be next to him and do non sexual things. Sex could get in the way sometimes. "I'll get it, you always say no." he popped his lips.

I could feel Don's hands fumbling with my bra. "You better snap it back when you're done. I'm not playing with you either and wipe that smirk on your face because I know it's there." I laughed. "Shut that noise up." Moans escaped my mouth as his hands made contact with my aching back. The massage was over all too fast. "That's it?" I snapped.

"Calm down baby, if you want my hands all over your body just say so. I already said you should let me rub something else." It was then did I notice my bra was back undone and the front of my shirt was bunched up at the top of my breasts. "You don't listen." I mumbled as his fingers tweaked my nipples. "Tell me something that I don't know."

"My juices are flowing." I blurted out. "I said something that I don't know." I felt his hand pull my panties to the side and two fingers circle my clit. "You're too wet for just my fingers Britni but you don't want to have-" His words were cut short as I moved to straddle his lap facing him and fumbling with his belt buckle. "What are you doing?" he asked. "Are you really asking me that?"

"Don't make me fight for my virginity." His voice was serious making me almost die from laughter. "Shit. I can't breathe, that was a good one. But we all know that you're no virgin. Now me, everybody and they momma knows-" "That you are no virgin with this fat ass belly." he cut me off rubbing it. "You haven't heard? I'm the new Virgin Mary."

"Get away from me before God strikes you down." I was gently pushed off his lap but I was right back on hugging him as tight as I could with my stomach in the way. We didn't speak for a long time as I lay my head on his shoulder. I didn't mind the silence and not speaking but the way that his breathing had sped up let me know something was wrong.

"You okay?" I questioned in a soft voice grabbing his face in my hands. His eyes met mine and they looked glassy and distant. "No." His voice was choked up but he quickly cleared his throat. "Adonis, you don't have to pretend that things are all fine and dandy. Whatever it is has to be a touchy subject and as much as I would love for you to let me in right now, I can wait."

He didn't say anything to that so I took the opportunity to stick the tip of my tongue in the dimple on his right cheek. "B, what the hell are you doing?" Smacking my lips I tried giving the most straight face before saying, "You do taste like chocolate. It's a bit manly but chocolate nonetheless."

The laughter that we both were holding in escaped from between our lips. "Come here and let me see what you taste like?" Don said in between laughs and trying to lick my face. "Babe, stop being nasty. Just put that tongue somewhere else." I smirked. "Really?" "No.." "Well then stop saying shit that you don't mean." he mumbled while pushing my head back. "Get beat up Adonis. I'm not playing with you." I jumped at him.

"I'm trying to play with you but you on some bullshit." I rolled my eyes at him. "Says the biggest bullshitter of them all." "Well won't you just climb on top of this dick and let me bullshit inside them walls." He cocked his eye and looked at me. "I do want to sit on it." I muttered more to myself. "Sit on what?" he smiled. Knowing damn well he knew.

"You know..." "You want to sit on my dick?" My face began burning from blushing hard. "Stop that and yes." I giggled covering my face. "Yes what?" I lightly punched him in the chest. "I can't stand you! I want to sit on your dick." I mumbled the last few words. "You know I hate saying that." "But you know I like hearing you say it. Your shy as hell about it and I find it cute."