Twenty Four

"Here I got you some more snickers bars and your plain lays chips. Yellow bag right?" Don asked before passing everything over. "Thank you." I said taking the food. "Have a seat, you standing there like you want to leave or something." I laughed a little. "I am but I wanted to make sure you good first." "Oh. Well I'm fine." I looked away. I wanted him to stay because I wasn't so lonely then. "You about to cry again? I would rather you snap out than to cry, I hate seeing that." He seemed a bit frustrated. "Well just go do what you have to do then and you won't have to see it." He walked out leaving me there.

I curled up on the arm chair I was sitting in when my phone rang. "Hello?" I answered. "Sissy? Can you come get me?" Alayna whispered. "Why? And why are you whispering?" The line went silent but I knew that she was still there. "I can't be on the phone. I'm in trouble." "Okay I'm not asking why but to answer your question, no. I'm not coming your wanna be grown butt is in trouble and sneaking on the phone. You're only six it can't be that serious." "But.." she started. "Goodbye Alayna." Hanging up, I shook my head and got ready to nap on the chair and then the doorbell. I couldn't get a break. "Who is it?" I yelled. "Your brother. Open the door." "I need to give him a key." I said to myself while snatching the door open. "Oh shit, look who popped up on the scene." I said doing a happy dance before hugging Terron who had walked in after Ant.

"I was busy at work." he shrugged his big ass shoulders. "What do you do? All these years and I don't know, you just like Tommy from Martin." I told him. "Shutup because I really have a job." "Man, you ain't got no damn job!" Both Ant and I said together before looking at each other and laughing. "Y'all corny for that. Aye, you got lunch meat I'm hungry." I rolled my eyes. "You know where the kitchen is Tommy." I giggled.

I took a seat next to my twin and put my head on his shoulder. "Get off of me because I'm mad at you." he pushed me over. "Why are you mad?" "You know why." "Well why did you come here? To rag me out? If so, you can leave." He just looked at me as if I was the crazy one. I wasn't. "See that's what I'm talking about. You get mad at dumb shit and you need to stop. Don't blame it on being pregnant either, you always been this way." I went to answer but quickly jumped up and ran straight to the bathroom emptying my insides. After, I rinsed my mouth with listerine and wiped my face. "Terron you have mustard on that sandwich?" I asked from the hall. "Yeah." "Please go eat in the kitchen because it makes me sick." "My bad." he called out.

Sitting back on the couch, I blew out a long breath. "I think it's something wrong with me. Honestly." Ant snorted at that. "Whatever it is, handle it. You need your man back with you and I don't mean him just checking on you and little string bean in your stomach. Y'all need to be together because you even each other out. But at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if he was through with you." "I know but I really don't want to drag him any further. I can't make him happy because of whatever it is that I'm dealing with." "Well what are you dealing with?" he asked moving closer to me.

"I'm damaged twin." Pushing my hair out of my face. "I'm just damaged." "Too damaged for Adonis to be with?" "In the way that he wants, yes. I know I love him and he loves me but after everything I've done to him and said he still wants to be with me. Why?" It was silent for a good minute. "And I can't give him what he wants. I'm rude, selfish...I even put my hands on him. Could've lost the baby that I was in denial over because of my selfishness. I'm not a good mate. I don't know how to communicate and I'm angry most of the time because a piece of me is waiting for him to treat me like the guys in my past... He has to move on from me. It will keep him stress free and me lonely for the rest of my life. But then again, I don't want that to happen." I mumbled the last sentence.

"You won't be lonely because you'll have him right by your side." Ant hugged me before standing. "Look, I gotta head home, Mia is coming over." "I'm starting to think that this Mia girl is a figment of your imagination. When can I meet her?" I asked. "You know her. I know for a fact." he grinned. "Terron, we out!" I hugged them both before shutting the door. Pulling my phone from my hoodie pocket, I saw that I had a phone call in process. Don's face was on the screen. "How much did you hear?" I asked placing the phone to my ear. "I heard enough. Can you come to me?" "Now?" I didn't really feel like leaving out. "Yes now." he said. I could hear the smile in his voice, hadn't seen him smile in forever. At least not around me. "Where are you?" "Uh, the studio. Come when you can." I went and dressed, grabbed my car keys and was gone.

I pulled up to the studio and saw Don outside hugging a girl. He had a huge smile on his face. I wasn't trippin though, there was no point to. Getting out of the vehicle, I shut the car door still unnoticed. Pressing the button to lock up sounding the alarm was when they both looked over at me. Don's smile faltered a bit when he noticed that it was me and he quickly made a move to help me up the stairs. "I got it." I said. It wasn't like I would have trouble walking or anything.

"Excuse you." the girl who I had not even bothered to look at said as I had accidentally bumped into while opening the front door snapped. Turning, I recognized her as Renee. "My bad." Not getting a reaction from me like I knew she expected, she just gave a stank face and I kept it moving. I decided to head into his office and wait for him to finish whatever business he had going on outside.

"Britni, don't go in there." Don yelled but it was too late. The smell of sex hit me in the face and I then knew that's what she was doing here. We had hung up with each other not even a whole hour ago and he fucked her. Knowing good and well that I was coming here. Thinking that this was a set-up of some sort to make me realize that we just might be over, I turned to face him. "Please tell me that you didn't." I said. My emotions rising because I thought he wanted to actually talk and everything so we, more like I could work on us. Here he was fucking his ex. The one he ended it all with to be with me. The shit hurt. Bad.

Everything seemed so perfect when it came to him but with me it all spirals out of control. I was always the problem starter or the loose cannon of this relationship. The one that I had ended but he wanted it to remain intact. So all of this here...this was cheating. He opened his mouth to speak but just ended up opening and closing it like a guppie fish. I eyed the gold colored condom wrapper laying on the floor a minute and then looked back at him staring at the carpet.

"At least I know you used protection, now you won't have two babies to take care of." I spat before walking out. I wanted to cry so bad but I couldn't. It wasn't until I was settled inside my apartment and he came walking through the door that tears blinded my perfect vision.

"Britni, I really didn't mean for you to see that. It just happened and I wasn't thinking. At all." he tried to grab me and I flinched away. "I'm sor-" "Don't even give me no bullshit ass sorry. Here I am trying to fix myself for your black ass, figuring out what's wrong with me as a person so we can be fine and your out here sticking your dick in different pussy. Who knows how many times that's happened, Adonis! I can't believe..." I just stopped talking. I felt as though I was talking for nothing and I was putting me and the baby through stress.

"Can you just leave? Please. I don't want to be around you." I quietly said. "B, we aren't even together so I don't know why your ass is even mad. You're the one who wanted to break up, the one who didn't want shit to do with me but you're mad?" he stood up shaking his head. "Don, just leave. I did say that yet you continued to tell me that we were together. I'm not trippin for nothing. Everyone thinks it's always me that fucks us up or does all of the wrong. I guess just this one time, it was you huh?"

I opened the door and held my hand out for my key back. "Don't contact me unless you want to know about our baby. I'll let you know when all appointments are." We stared at one another. I couldn't see what his eyes were saying but then again, I honestly didn't care to see. "I didn't mean to hurt you. I really didn't." he softly said trying to grab for my hand which I snatched away. "Go on back to Renee." I said while closing and locking the door.

"Alayna, come on!" I yelled up the steps. "Here I come." she came running downstairs, overnight bag dragging behind her. I was heading to Atlanta for a dance competition that different groups from the studio were in. I couldn't participate but I could go and support. "You got everything you need?" I asked. She shook her head yes. "Let's go say bye to Mommy and Daddy, go to the bathroom and go." I grabbed her hand. "We out." I said hugging and kissing them both. "Bye Ma. Bye Daddy." Alayna said and started to run out of the kitchen. "Whoa baby girl, we don't get hugs and kisses?" Daddy asked stopping her. "Oh sorry." she walked back. "Oh, I thought I missed you guys." Ant said coming in. "You good? Got everything?" I laughed at him before telling him yes.

"Where are you going?" I looked up to see Don walk in. I hadn't seen him since that day two weeks ago. "Away." I simply said. "And you weren't planning on telling me?" he asked. "Alayna, go to the bathroom before we leave. Can you all give us a minute?" I asked everyone else. After they all left out, I turned to face him. "I'm going to Atlanta for the weekend for work." "I know that now. You didn't tell me though." he said leaning against the counter. "I didn't know you had to know what I was doing." "You're pregnant." "I am very aware of that. Three months and two weeks."

He looked at me. "Well then we both going." I just stared at him with a blank face trying to figure out if he was serious or not. He was. "Well, you must be sleeping in the car because I'll be damned if you're sharing a room with me and my sister." I said walking off with a minor attitude.

The ride down was horrible. I wasn't allowed to drive and damn near had to piss every other hour. It made me wish that I had booked a flight. "I told you that you're not staying with us." "B, you heard the man at the front desk. All the rooms are booked." he sighed plopping down on the king sized bed. "I hate you." I muttered under my breath. "Yeah, the feeling is mutual." he called out. He knew he didn't hate me.

"I'm taking Alayna to the aquarium so do something to keep yourself busy." "No, why can't he come too?" she asked. Because I don't want to be around him. "He doesn't want to come." I lied. "Actually, I changed my mind." he told Alayna. "We're gonna have a good time, right Britni?" he grinned pulling me into his side. "You have two seconds to remove your hand from my ass before I break it." I said low enough that only he heard. "Couldn't help myself. It was looking so juicy."

The aquarium was too fun. In all my twenty three years of life, I never had so much fun looking at different types of sea life. Alayna and I took plenty of pictures together. I decided to not be so petty around her and even took a few with Don. "I'm hungry." I whined after we had looked at the sharks for the third time. All of this fish was making me hungry. "I just want to break open this glass and eat one." "Ew Britni, that's nasty." Alayna giggled. "Britni is just nasty altogether." They both laughed. "Oh, I think the both of you want to sleep in the car huh?" I asked looking at my nails. "Not me. I don't think you're nasty sissy." Alayna quickly said, grabbing my hand. "Come on, the baby is hungry."

Don tried grabbing mine but I moved it and laughed as he played it off and started digging in his pocket. "Stop trying to make this difficult. I really don't want you touching me." "Get over that shit already man." he puffed his cheeks out. "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know that my boyfriend blowing someone's back out was something to get over when he asked me to come and talk, not thinking I would see the scene post it happening." I said glancing down at my sister who was happily skipping away.

"Welcome to Gladys Knight's Chicken and Waffles, how many in your party?" the teen at the front desk asked. "Three." Don answered. After we were seated and handed our menus, the host left. "I already know what I want." I said not bothering to open the menu. Our waitress, Shaniece came and took our drink orders and food orders. Each time that she had come to check on us, Don would have her eyes glued to him and they would make small, flirtatious talk.

"Here we go, three Midnight Trains." Shaniece said placing our orders of chicken and waffles in front of us. "If you need anything, just shout." She switched away. "She think she bomb or something." Alayna said biting a piece of waffle. Her saying that made me laugh. "I need you to be quiet. You're too grown." "Well she does, doesn't she?" she looked over at Don waiting for him to agree. "Uh, yeah I guess." he shrugged. "You might as well ask for her number. She wants you." "That's disrespect to you." he answered. "Well what do you call last we- nevermind." I went back to eating. After we had finished eating and paid for our meal, we made our way back to the hotel.

"Lay, get in the shower. We have to be up early." I told her once we entered the room. "Am I allowed to come with you guys tomorrow?" "You've been inviting yourself everywhere else." I sighed taking my hair out of the ponytail that it was in. "I thought you were not gon be difficult." "Am I being difficult?" I asked him tilting my head to the side. "You think you're so cute don't you." Not bothering to answer, I picked up my phone to call Kyra. "I'm at the hotel, what room are you in?" I asked once she picked up the phone. "Hi to you too. 834, you coming up?" "Yes." I hung up with her. "Keep an eye on Lay, I'll be back." I walked out.

"Girl, Adonis got his funky ass here." I marched into her room. "Who funky ass here?" Brian asked. "Adonis." I answered. "Y'all back together or something?" Ky asked. "No. He found out I was leaving and said he was coming too. Using the fact that my ass is pregnant and shit talking about he need to be with me."

"Let me ask you this, is he sleeping in your room?" Brian said. My silence gave away the answer. "Brit, no! You're joking." Ky all but yelled. "I wish I was." Both her and Brian eyed each other. "A dub says that they have sex." Brian said pulling out twenty dollars. "Deal." Ky agreed. "Fuck the both of y'all. I'm not dealing with this foolery and bets on my vagina. Plus my sister is with me." "So if she wasn't, that means you would?" Ky asked.

Ignoring her, I let my eyes roam around. I noticed a yellow bag just sitting on the dresser. "So, y'all been in here eating Lay's and ain't tell me." I said grabbing the bag up and going to the door. "Goodnight dumb and dumber."

I spent the next morning emptying my insides after breakfast. "Here. I got you some water." Don said handing me a bottle. "Thanks." I mumbled after taking a swig. "I sent Alayna with Kyra and Brian. They're watching her for the day, you're not going to the competition." he informed me. "Oh yes I am. I just gotta calm down and I'll be fine." I said standing up. "This is why I needed to come." I ignored him while brushing my teeth the third time that morning. "Fine. I won't go." I went and got back in the bed, falling asleep.

"Shit, I'm burning up." I said while sitting up and ripping my clothes off until I was as naked as the day I was born. I was sleeping good and started getting hot out of nowhere. "You do realize that I'm in here." Don laughed staring at my body. "It's nothing you haven't seen before." I shrugged. "Stop looking at me like that." "You've gotten thicker." "Is that your way of calling me fat?" I asked him. "What? I said thick, not fat. Plus you're pregnant." "Yeah, well I feel fat." I said turning to lay on my stomach.

"Get off of your stomach, you're going to hurt my seed." I glared at him, "Your seed?" I asked making sure that I heard correctly. "I planted her in there. So my seed, yeah." I shook my head laughing at him. "Fool, this is my seed because HE is growing in MY stomach. You just helped." I punched his shoulder. "Alright. Our seed." he gave in. "Stop calling him a seed. That's rude."

"B?" I looked over at him. "Can I touch your stomach? I know the baby can't kick yet and all, but I just want to feel it. If you still don't want me to touch you then I understand." I didn't say anything. I just sat up and grabbed his hand, placing it on my stomach. His face lit up as I did and I couldn't help but to smile. "I can't wait until you start getting bigger and not just this little pudge."v he said looking in my eyes. "I can. Now I'll have those nasty stretch marks looking like I been fighting in the jungle with a tiger."

We sat in silence for a minute as he continued running his hand over my stomach. "I don't want to tell you again and I'm sure you don't care but I apologize for hurting you." I shook my head. "No. Maybe it needed to happen." "Nah, it didn't. Her popping up was unplanned and I should've stopped myself. I fucked up." he said looking at me. "We both did." I softly said. "Do you..do you still love me or is that gone with the wind?" "Honestly, Don. I can't stop, as mad as we make each other and all I just can't stop. Even if I had to stop loving you I wouldn't. You'll always be apart of me, even if there wasn't a baby on the way. I love you."

After I spoke those words, nothing was said. Kisses were exchanged and a whole lot of touching. It was like my mind had become cloudy. Before I knew what was happening or could stop it, we were having sex. I didn't know if I felt like I shouldn't have slept with him or if I should have. This wasn't apart of my trip to Atlanta.