Alone Together

"Britni, are you in there getting dressed?"

That was Kyra, my best friend since diaper days knocking on my bedroom door.

"Ugh yes I'm up, now get away from my door." I grumbled sitting up and kicking my covers off.

"Well hurry up we have shit to do! Damn."

I heard her walking away from the door. I stood, stretched and undressed before turning on the shower and started some music up on my ipod.

I jumped in the shower and quickly washed before Kyra could bring her ass in rushing me. I began Drying off and lotioning my body before slipping on my bra and panties along with some leggings, a Run DMC tee and some uggs, I quickly combed my wrap down and grabbed a cardigan.

As soon as I opened my bedroom door, Kyra was standing in front of it about to knock.

"Come on, don't do me this way so early in the morning boo." I walked past her heading to the living room to grab my purse off the living room table.

"You're always running late. Get it together and let's go."

I followed her out of our condo, got in my candy apple red Lexus coupe and we headed to our new dance studio to see the finishing touches the designers had done before opening and starting classes the folowing week.

"Wow. I'm very impressed that this is exactly what I expected the place to look like." I said after walking around.

"Yeah, the place is dope." Kyra agreed.

I sat in the chair at my desk in my office. "We can handle the whole receptionist thing and dance instructors until we have enough to hire someone right?" I asked her making sure we were on the same page.

"Of course."

"Cool. You ready to head out? I need to get home." I said after some time.

"For what? You got a date?" She asked.

"No. I just wanna go home," I rolled my eyes. "Can I do that?"

We arrived home and I lay out on the couch watching music videos and scrolling through my Facebook and Instagram feeds.

Halfway into my relaxation period, there was a knock on our door. "Ky get the door!" I yelled out.

"It's for me. I'm going out with Marcus so I probably won't be coming home."

"Yeah alright." I waved her off. I was used to staying in the house on most nights while Kyra and her boyfriend went out or whatever it is that they do.

I wasn't really into the whole relationship thing. I hated the feeling of being vulnerable and all of that. I would rather be single honestly.

I had my fair share of relationships but I would end them before they became too serious. It would be a cold day in hell before I found myself being in a relationship. Britni and relationship don't even belong in the same sentence.

My phone began ringing, I picked it up and saw that it was Anthony, my "older" brother calling.

"Hello?"

"What you doing baby sis?" I rolled my eyes.

"Anthony we're not even 10 minutes apart, stop doing that shit. And I'm just sitting here doing nothing."

"I do what I want and I don't care if it was not even 10 seconds." He responded.

"Alright what do you want?"

"Oh yeah, I did call for something." he said. "Go and get dressed we're going out."

He was always trying to get me to hang with him and his stupid ass friends who always tried to get with me.