Forty One

"Oh my goodness! Leek come look!" I yelled from the living room where I was playing with Junior on the blanket I had spread out on the floor. "What are you screaming about now?" Maleek asked finally coming in. "My fat man can roll onto his back, I'm so proud of him." I picked Junior up and placed kisses over his face.

"Yeah right, put him back down so I can see this." He said crossing his arms over his chest. I did what he said. "Come on baby. Roll over again just like you did because Uncle Leek doesn't believe me." We waited as Junior sat up on his hands so his upper body was off the blanket, his head was slightly bobbing and he was drooling all over. "Come on, don't make Mommy a liar. Please, not this early in your life." I begged.

Junior looked up at me with a little smile and began turning to the right. "Oh! And what? I told you my baby can roll!" I had jumped up and was all in Maleek's face. "So why is he still in the same position that he was when you're crazy behind jumped up? He can't roll and now that ass feeling salty. Let me wipe that salt of ya shoulder." I rolled my eyes and kicked his shin before sitting back on the floor, picking my son up. "You doing me dirty son." I shook my head at him.

"No, Adonis. Let go of Mommy's earring." I tried to get his little fingers from around my hoop without hurting myself but he had a strong grip. "A little help here?" I looked at Maleek. "No, get your kid in control. I'm joking." He said once he saw the look on my face. "What the hell!" I yelled rubbing my ear.

Maleek basically snatched him and my earring out. "My bad." "Shut up you got my ear bleeding with your punk ass." I snapped getting up to go clean it. Once I was finished, I decided against earrings for a while.

I needed a few minutes to myself since today was my first day free in two months. A lot had happened in this time and it was still stressing me out. I had gone back to work at the studio only teaching the pole and night hip hop classes as Kyra and I hired dance instructors for the others. Not to mention that I was dealing with all of these businesses of Dons, or mine. I knew that he had a lot on his plate but I didn't know that he did this much work. I now had a new respect for him as far as his career went.

Everyday it was something new, a customer who wants to speak to the owner, employees quitting and then you have to go through the motions of hiring someone else. It was hectic. I was gone all day long from seven in the morning to midnight. In between these times I would make it my business to come home and spend what little bit of time I could with my son.

Maleek being here came in handy. Although he worked a lot doing local photo shoots and candid photography, he looked after Junior when he wasn't in daycare. There was no way in hell that I was letting my parents look after him for me. I was afraid that they would try and keep him from me again. Instead of me being angry, it would have been I can't take my child because I wasn't spending enough time with him or giving him enough attention since I was working so hard.

As far as Don being in jail, I tried not to think about it. It still hurt and would continue to hurt until he was back home with us. I made sure to document and record every achievement that Junior did. That way he wouldn't be left out of the loop when he came home. We needed him but we were doing pretty damn amazing without him.

I talk as if I can't see him at all and it's because I can't. They transferred him to the prison in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Now, it wouldn't be a problem if it was close but it was a five hour trip. I would have to plan it all out and he also made it known that he didn't want me traveling to see him locked up.

It was our deal that everyday we would write a letter to each other and mail it off. No matter how long or how short our writings were the other got it. I made sure that he had more than enough money on his books and sent pictures and anything else that was allowed.