Seven

I was sitting on the floor of Kyra's room watching her pack her things up. She was moving out and leaving me all alone. I was upset but happy for her. "Fix your face Britni. I won't be too far and you will still see me." She hugged me. "Yeah but who will I talk to when I get home? Or have eat my cooking and not save me any? And now I can't yell at you and Marcus for fucking around the house." I didn't realize that I was crying until she wiped my tears. "Uh why are you being so emotional now? You pregnant?" She stood up with her hands on her hips. "I have to have sex to get pregnant." I laughed at her accusation. "I know you and Don are smoking boots." Shaking my head no "I want to so bad but I don't want to ruin whatever it is that we're doing." "Hmmm well what about Petey?" I laughed so hard at the question. "what's so funny?" "Petey can't fuck, I only kept him around to eat the box. And I haven't talked to him in forever. But enough about me, let's finish this room." I stood up and walked to her closet making sure she had everything.

"Bye Ky, I will miss you!" I yelled as she got into Marcus' car. "Shutup fool!" I shut the door and sighed. I was about to see what it was like being in the condo alone. After flicking through some channels I decided to see what my brother was up to. Listening to the rings on the phone I only got voicemail. I tried Adonis and he answered. "Hey B. What's up?" I smiled at hearing his voice. "Not much, Ky is gone and I have nobody to keep me company sooo I was wondering if you-" "Bae where are the towels?" I heard a female voice in the background ask and then I heard shuffling around on his end. "Hello?" he called out. "You know what? Nevermind what I wanted, you seem busy." I hung up and just stared into space. For some reason, hearing that girl on the other end made me angry. I mean, I know he isn't my man or anything but I wanted him to be. I guess I was moving too slow and he found him someone. My phone lit up and it was him but I just let it ring out. He tried a few more times only for the same thing to happen. Just as I was about to power the phone off, Ant's name flashed. Not wanting to ignore him I picked up. "Yes big brother?" I said sweetly, he laughed. "You busy?" "Nope, where we going? How should I dress?" "Ahh you know me so well. Out to a kickback, dress down. Be ready at 10." I looked at the clock, "Ant it's 9:30!" I all but yelled. "Well I suggest you hurry ya ass up."

Throwing my phone down I ran upstairs to take a quick shower, do my hair and dress. Stepping out the bathroom I noticed there was an outfit already laid out, shaking my head this fool always wanted to dress me. I threw the clothes on and ran my flat iron through my hair and got in my brother's car. "It's 10:30." He didn't even speak. "Oh hello Britni, how are you? I know I only gave you 30 minutes knowing no matter how fast you move, you're still slow." Sarcasm dripped from my voice. "Keep it up girl." I pushed his head. "Shut it up. Who kickback is this?" I asked. He looked at me shocked. "You mean to tell me Adonis ain't tell you about it?" I shook my head no. "Oh well. I figured it slipped your mind so that's the only reason I called and picked you up." I nodded. "It's cool, I did forget." I was lying through my teeth. He probably didn't invite me because of the girl that was at his house. "Come on now, I know you ain't telling me the truth. What happened?" I shook my head and pulled an already rolled blunt out. "Nothing."

Walking into the house, I didn't want to be here but I had no ride to leave and stupid me didn't have any cash on me. I was trying my best to avoid Don because I was not trying to speak to him. Everytime I saw him, he was hugged up with a girl who I presumed to be the one on the phone. I would be lying like shit if I was to say that I wasn't jealous. I should have been the one he was hugged up with. I stood up and went to grab me a drink from the bar. My brother and Terron came over. "Trouble in paradise?" Terron smiled. I cut my eyes at him. "There was never any paradise." "Come on sis, stop fronting. All the time you two spent with each other, sleepovers and kisses and whatever these past three months going on four and now he posted with someone else and you're mad. I know you want to go off." my brother just had to state facts. "Well I do but I will not go off. We aren't together so." I shrugged it off. "I been trying to be yours for years now girl." I looked at Terron. "And you already know that it's not going down." I walked away from the two. Terron was fine, no doubt but we had a few flings back in the day and left it at that. He wanted me but I didn't want him.

While in my thoughts and trying to get outside to smoke, I bumped into something hard. "Ah fuck!" I yelled as I was knocked off my feet. "Here, let me help you." I looked at the hand that was outstretched and saw the tattoo. "No thanks, I can help myself up." I told Don. I got up and tried to get away but he just followed. I opened the front door and stepped out not bothering to shut it because I knew he was behind me. "B." I looked up at him and blew smoke out. "Look, I know-" he started, cutting him off I said "No need to explain yourself to me so save it." "I was gonna tell you about her but I didn't." he paused. "It doesn't matter, you don't have to involve me in your love life." I flicked the port. "You aren't angry?" He seemed surprised. "I'm not angry that you have a girlfriend. I mean unless you guys have been together for a good while then I would be but nope." He was quiet and I looked up at him. "How long Adonis?" "Only 5 months." My head snapped towards him. "Five months? Are you kidding me?" I stared at him in disbelief. "You took me on dates, kissed me, came to my family functions and spent all your fucking time with me and you had a damn secret girlfriend?! And to think I was thinking about starting a relationship and you have a girl already." I sat down. I felt so stupid. "I- I'm sorry." I agreed. "Yeah, you really are." I pulled out my phone and shot Ant a text. I had to get away from Adonis and his lying ass