Thirty Five

"Don!" I yelled from where I stood. He lay there unmoved. "Okay Britni your water just broke and your crazy boyfriend is on the floor. Don't panic, don't panic." I spoke to myself.

"Shit! What do I do first?" I couldn't think straight. Walking to the dresser I pulled my phone from my purse.

"Mommy!" I yelled once she answered. "My water just broke and I can't figure out what to do first. You did this before, what the hell do I do because I can't think straight!" I heard her moving and keys jingling. "Britni, calm down did any contractions start?"

"Not yet." "Where's Adonis?" I looked to the floor. "He passed out when my water broke." Her laughter filled my ears. "Mom! Stop laughing and get over here and help me."

"Alright I'm almost there. Wait I lied, I forgot your father. Go and change, I'll call Doctor James and Don should wake up any second. No contractions yet?" She checked. "None." "Okay go and do what I said."

I pulled some sweats on and a tank top before pulling my hair in a ponytail. As I was coming out of the bathroom, Don was sitting himself up. "B, did your water break?" He asked. "Shut the hell up Adonis over there passing the fuck out because my water just fucking broke. Got me over here lost and confused when you're the one who had the plan of what to do." I huffed.

"Oh shit. Maleek!" He yelled. Leek came running into the room and the kids behind him. "Britni's having the baby!" "Noooo!" Alayna yelled making me laugh. "Little girl what you mean no? How dare you- owww." I moaned as I felt my lower back tighten. I just witnessed my first contraction.

Don was by my side. "Call my mom." I whined. "No Britni we have to get to the hospital." He said. "Maleek, grab the black duffle out the closet and put it in the car. I'll meet you out there. You two go with him." For someone who had just passed out he sure was alert now.

"No don't take me yet. Let's just wait until the contractions become closer. I can't sit in the hospital all long, I hate them." I told him. "Bullshit. Let's go, you know you're at risk with your blood pressure and stress levels being out of wack." I stood and followed him out of the room. Still surprised that I was calm about this.

"Babe wait." We were now in the living room. "Can I eat first? You know once I go into full blown labor I can't eat and you know how I get when I can't eat." I was trying my best to get him to not go yet. But I really was hungry and that to go plate from the buffet was calling me.

"I'll be damned. How the hell are you in here eating and we need to be getting you to the hospital to deliver this baby?" My mom snapped. I rolled my eyes and continued with my fried rice. "Leave the girl alone Lisa." My dad said pinching her. "Are you okay baby girl?" "I'm fine. I only witnessed two contractions since my water broke. I needed to eat though."

"Gotdammit!" I hit the table as another tore through me. "That's it, we can go now." I stood up and headed to the door. "Mommy can you bring the rest of my- oh thanks." I grabbed my food and drink from her and walked to the car.

I was checked into the hospital and whisked to the maternity ward and set up rather quickly. "Hello Britni and Adonis." Doctor James greeted us. "Family." She nodded at them. I smiled and ate my last piece of bourbon chicken. "Britni put that damn food down and talk to the doctor." My mom said. "I'm done now. Dang." I made sure I whispered the last part.

"You should've been here over a hour and a half ago. Correct?" I nodded. "And you're just now showing up?" She raised her eyebrow. "Well, I wasn't feeling anything and I was hungry. You don't want me to starve do you Doctor James?"

"You know better. You've been quite difficult this entire pregnancy child." I looked away. "Okay so can I get that epidural now? I'm not trying to feel any pain when this big headed boy slides out."

"No can do. You're far too dilated." My eyes almost popped out of my head. "What? How? No no no. Y'all better give me something because I can't do that. I only contracted three times." I started ranting. "Three very strong ones." She smiled. "Don't worry everything will be alright. You won't feel a thing." She patted my leg before leaving out.

I threw my head back on the pillow. How the hell was this possible? This was an alien baby. "Where the hell is Anthony? If he misses this birth I will kill him! I really will and all of you will help me get rid of his bod-" Another contraction ripped through me. I didn't want to yell out so I gritted my teeth together.

A few minutes later my twin came running in. "I'm here. You don't have to kill me." He kissed my forehead. "Good because I was planning on it." I said.

Another hour later and still no baby. I was now eight and a half centimeters dilated, in pain and my once straightened hair was now a big curly and puffy mess because it was so hot in the room.

Don was back at it with the camera. "You might want to get from the foot of the bed before you get a peek and pass out. Then I'll really have to kill you for missing our child's birth." I said to him.

Everyone in the room laughed at me. That pissed me off because nothing was funny. I wanted to kill everyone in here. "What time is it?" I asked. "Twenty three after twelve." My head hit the pillow again. I was sick of this so I paged my nurse. She entered quickly. "Yes Britni?" "Can you get Doctor James in here?" She smiled before telling me yes.

"Okay seriously, am I ready to deliver? If not just give me a cesarean like just cut me open. I'm stratum to feel more pain and pressure anyway." I told her once she entered. She just shook her head and checked.

"Nope. You're at a nine so one more and we can get the party started. Do you need anything?" "If it isn't drugs then no, I don't need anything." She laughed. "I swear this is the most funny labor that I have witnessed in my thirty years of practice."

Don was now back in my face with the camera. "Come here Adonis I want you a little closer." He came close and I gripped him up by his shirt. "Get that damn camera out of my face. I don't want to see it, it's pissing me off. I'm hot and I look a hot ass mess. I don't want to be videotaped." He shook his head okay.

"Good. Can I get a kiss?" My bottom lip poked out and he dipped his head and kissed me. "I love you." I whispered. "I love you too. I'll love you even more when you bring my son into this world." He said back. "I'm sorry that I just did that to you."

My mom came over. "Are you okay? You need me to hold your hand or anything?" I shook my head no. "I'm scared mom because it's going to hurt."

"After it's all over you won't even remember all the pain. Just take a breather and take a nap." "I'm not taking a nap because then I'll be mad I have to wake up." Pain shot through me once more and my mom and Don noticed, "I think you're about to be a mom soon." My mom and Kyra started clapping and jumping. "Sit y'all asses down somewhere. Anthony go get me some drugs please!" I yelled grabbing Dons hand.

"Dammit B, get off." He tried pulling his hand from my grip. The doctor and nurses were now in the room shooing everyone out until it was just me, Don, Kyra and my mom.

"Okay Britni, you're ready to push. I need you to give me a big push on the count of three.... One, two, three." I pushed like she said and felt like my entire lower region was about to fall off. "That was a good one, I see the head."

"Well pull it out! It hurts." I couldn't help the tears that were forming in my eyes. "One more push Britni." Doctor James counted to three and I pushed even harder ignoring the pain. Five more pushes and I was delirious.

Cries filled the room at 3:17AM. "Congratulations Mommy." Doctor James said. "Does he have all his fingers and toes?" I asked. "Yes he has all his fingers and toes." She laughed out before I lay back and shut my eyes.