Thirty One

"Doooonnnnnn!" I yelled down the steps from our bedroom only to get no answer. "Adonis! I know you hear me!!!" Huffing I reached beside me grabbing my cell phone.

"What's good?" Don answered his phone. "Where are you? I've been calling you for minutes." I whined into the phone. "I'm out front." My eyes couldn't help but roll because him being out front meant that he was smoking, something he had been doing a lot of since the whole Renee incident a few weeks ago.

"You know we have things to do and you're out there smoking. You get on my nerves." I snapped hanging up the phone. Ever since Renee claimed that she was pregnant with Don's child almost two months ago, we both have been irritated. Arguing and becoming angry with one another at small things.

Adonis had his stress relievers but what did I have? Nothing but a big belly with a son who never sleeps because he is too busy stomping on my bladder. It was either that or changing his positions. I couldn't dance or work out so it was hard for me. Sex was my only option and I wasn't even in the mood for all of that. Or even being touched for that matter.

I sat on the side of the bed for another thirty minutes just waiting. "B, let's go." Don spoke from the doorway of the bedroom. I struggled to stand until Don got the hint and came helping me up. "Thanks." I mumbled walking past him, down the steps and out the front door.

"What's your problem?" Don asked as we made our way to the Lowe's Hardware. Turning my head from looking out the passenger window, I looked over at him. He had one hand on the steering wheel and one on the gear in between our seats. "Nothing." I shrugged.

"Bullshit. We been arguing almost two months now, you don't need to be stressing with my son inside of you. I'm not having that." He spoke in a calm but hard tone.

"I'm not stressing so don't assume things. And stress over what? Me and my son are fine so," I stared back out the window "You can calm that noise down."

"Why you tripping on me Britni? What did I do?" I didn't answer him as we parked in a space at the store. Instead I just got out and started making my way inside. "Which shade of navy? The lighter one or the darker looking?" I asked Don once we had arrived at the paint section and were in front of the color swatches.

"Why would you ask which one and only give me two options when there are about 8 shades of navy blue right here?" His arms were folded across his chest, muscles bulging. "Which one?" I questioned once more. "The darker because his furniture is a light gray."

After having our paint color mixed and paid for, we headed to a water ice stand because the weather was starting to get back warm. I really just wanted it to dip a soft pretzel into a mango flavored ice and eat it. As we stood in the long line, I heard a familiar voice behind me.

Being the nosey person that I am I turned only to be face to face with Petey. Ever since Adonis has came into the picture, I had pushed Petey and his bomb ass tongue to the side. I squeezed my legs together at the thought of Petey's mouth. "Britni. Nice to see you." Petey grinned showing all his thirty two. "Hello there, Petey." I smiled back but not as hard.

"I see you've changed quite a bit since we've last seen each other. Can I touch, how far along?" He jerked his head to my huge stomach. "Sure and seven months. Almost eight." I nodded. "Do you still have your dance studio? I have my younger brother living with me now and I need for him to get involved with something good."

"We still have it. You know where it is, right? Jefferson Street by that small cafe." I glanced behind me and saw that Don was paying for our things. "I'm on maternity leave as you can see but go sign her up for classes. Kyra is there teaching. Nice seeing you Petey." I waved and caught up with Don who was now on his way to the car.