Six

I walked into the kitchen, grabbed a bottle of water and hopped up on the counter.  "So you just kissing all on niggas now?"  "Britni you gon ignore me?"  I sipped on my bottled water and stared at my twin.  He sighed, "Look Britni, I'm just trying to-"  I snapped.  "Trying to what Anthony?"  I didn't want to hear what it was that he was trying to say or do to supposedly help me out.  "To protect you."  I chuckled.  "Protect me? Ant we aren't those sixteen year old kids anymore.  Ever since that one bad thing with Danny, you get in between any type of relationship with a guy that I pursue and like a fool, I listen to you and it's over.  You can't always put your two fuckin cents in everything that I do with a man."  It was silent for a few minutes.  "I just don't want you to put your all into him and get hurt.  Shaking my head I let out a breath "You just don't get it."  I told him.  "I don't need you to do that.  Just be my big brother and my best friend instead of my father.  If whatever happens between me and Don doesn't work out then say you told me so.  Until then leave it."  He nodded his head.  "Okay I will."  Opening up my arms to him "Good.  Now come gimme a hug lucky charms"  I laughed making my voice deep. 

For a third time this morning, the ringing of my phone woke me up.  "Whoever the fuck this is calling me like you're the fuck crazy I want you to stop."  "Lashae!"  "Yes mama" I asked sweetly.  "Don't yes mama me. It's 2pm get out that bed and get over here."  "But it's my day off.  Let me sleep."  I whined.  "You can sleep when you dead."  And with that she hung up.  Kicking the covers off, I went and handled my hygiene before climbing back in the bed.  "Brit, get up.  Mommy sent me to make sure you come over."  Waving him away  "Noooo"  "Here, put this on."   Sitting up I was facing an black/white Aztec print crop top, black ripped shorts and white Toms.  "Why do you feel the need to choose what I wear?" I questioned only to get no answer.  Once in the car, I lit up a port.  "Come on now Britni."  "Come on now nothing.  You do it too."  He backed out the drive "I'm a guy, it's different.  You smoking them ain't cute."  "I don't do it to be cute now shutup."  We rode in silence.  "Why are all these cars here?"  "Family cookout."  "Fuck."  I whispered.  I was gonna have to keep to myself because my family was crazy.

The cookout was pretty cool.  I had so much food and drinks.  Adonis even showed his face after being invited by my father.  "Hey, come somewhere with me." I pulled Don with me away from my cousins and down a trail to my treehouse.  We stepped inside,  "You spoiled yo."  He stated while looking around.  It was like a mini apartment that my dad hooked up for me.  Pausing my rolling of a blunt, "And?"  "Nothing.  Just saying your dad pays for everything and all the money you make just sits there.  That's spoiled B."  Lighting the blunt  "I'm privileged and if my daddy takes care of me financially at 23 I can't help that."  I passed to him.  "What about when I spend on you.  Is that expected?"  Don wondered.  "No because you not my man."  "I will be."  "Whatever fool." 

I was in the kitchen helping myself to a big bowl of banana pudding when my mom came in.  "Adonis is very fond of you little girl."  she smiled at me.  "How do you know?"  "The way he looks at you and he always talks about you to daddy.  I like him so don't run him away."  "We're just friends mommy."  I made that clear to her.  She smirked at me.  "For now."  Ugh I walked away to find my twin because I was ready to go only to find that he left me.  "Come on.  Anthony asked me to take you home."  After opening my door and getting in we pulled off.  "My house is the opposite direction."  He looked at me quickly, "I know.  I gotta go by the studio right quick."  Sitting back for the ride, I rolled my eyes.  I wanted to go home not no stupid studio.

"Alright.  Go in that booth and do some work.  I know you can sing."  I gave a blank look.  "I can't."  "Lie again."  I huffed, "I'm not lying."  He took his belt off, "One more lie and I hit you with this belt."  Getting in his face "I Britni Lashae James can not sing."  *whack* this fool hit me!  "The fuck is wrong with you?" I yelled before jumping on him making us fall onto the couch behind him.  Everytime I went to hit him, he blocked it.  Nobody hit me with anything and got away with it unless they wanted a fight.  "Calm ya ass down."  He was now on top of me but I was still wiggling trying to get him.  After a few more attempts, I stopped.  "We cool now?"  He wondered.  I nodded.  "Can I get a kiss?"  I wanted to refuse but being up under him and those hard abs... I pulled his head down and kissed him.  We made out for a good while, his kisses were making my center tingle.  I broke the kiss before it became too much.  Looking up at him, I thought to myself "Is it too soon for me to want you sexually?"  "Not at all."  He pecked my lips a few times.  "I want you too."  Groaning I pushed him off of me.  "Help me up.  I have a song to sing."