Twenty

"Is that everything?" Brian asked laying out on the floor of my new apartment. "I believe so." I said sitting on my couch. "Where's Don and Marcus?" I asked looking around. "Probably hiding from you, all this mess you had us carrying!" I pouted, "Don't call my stuff mess, I don't insult the things in your dusty ass apartment." "Oh so now people getting brand new because they moving on up to the east side, to a deluxe apartment in the sky?" he laughed. "So you the Jeffersons theme song singer?" I asked throwing a pillow at him. It had been a month until I found the perfect apartment with the help of my parents. I had left Don's house a few days after our little incident and stayed with my parents up until today.

After Brian and Marcus left, Don and I just sat around talking. "I'm hungry," I whined out. "Well let's go get some food." "Noooo, order in." "We always order in. Let's go out." he sighed. I climbed onto his lap "Can we stay in? Please?" I poked my lip out. "You lucky you cute." he smiled as his phone began ringing. "Speak." I shook my head at the way he answered his phone. I watched as he removed me from his lap and walked out of the room. Minutes later, he came back. "I gotta run out and handle something right quick, I can bring food back." "What you gotta go and do?" I wanted to know. "Grown man things." he said kissing my forehead and grabbing his car keys.

I waited hours for Don to come back. Something wasn't right and I was upset he wouldn't tell me. A knock at the door interrupted my thoughts. Thinking it was Don, I rushed towards the door. "Where have you been? I was worrying my-" I looked up at my twin, he was bruised up pretty badly. "How did you know where I moved to? I mean, never mind that, what happened to you?" I moved aside to let him in. Pushing the fact that we haven't spoken to each other in five months to the back of my mind. He sat on the couch while I went and grabbed alcohol and cotton balls and began cleaning the cuts and bruises on his face.

"Fuck," he mumbled and winced. "Sorry." I apologized closing the alcohol back up. "What happened." "You were right." I didn't say anything. "Did you hear me?" he asked. "I did and to be honest, I don't care about your issues with that girl. I forgive you, even though you didn't really give a proper apology, I accept it. You should have never stopped speaking to me over her, and for once listened to me. It shouldn't have taken five months for you to realize what I was trying to tell you. Her pussy blinded ya ass and it shouldn't have." He nodded, "You are absolutely right."

"Who did you even get into a fight with?" I wondered. "Sean." I shook my head at that. "Y'all need to get that grimy ass dude out of y'all circle yo. And don't you ever be out here fighting over these hoes." I said leaning back onto the couch. "Well, he might be the father." "How far along is she now?" "Nine months tomorrow."

We sat in silence until Don walked in. "Sup." they greeted each other with the handshake,hug that most guys do. "Here you go," Don handed a box of wings over to me. "Thank you." I smiled before going to town. "Not so fast." I said nudging my twin away from my food. "We not that cool right now, don't touch my food." "Whatever, I'm out so catch y'all later." Ant said kissing my forehead and throwing up two fingers at Don.

"So, you know?" I nodded my head. "I'm sorry I didn't believe you about him, I know now that you were telling the truth." "Okay." "It's not okay B, I didn't trust you. How can you be okay with that?" he asked pulling me into him. "I never said that I was okay with it, but it's in the past. Just leave it there." Standing, I went into the kitchen for a water. It wasn't long before I felt myself lifted into the air. "Why do you always pick me up and scare the hell outta me?" "I like picking you up, I don't mean to scare you." he said sitting me on the counter, stepping in between my legs. "Are those your piercing poking my chest?" I looked down to see my nipples erect. "No, I'm just cold." I said covering them up but he removed my hands.