Forty Four

Don finally put me down on my feet and I punched him in his chest. "You punk! I thought you would be back Monday morning." I said. He shrugged his shoulders. "Well there was a change in plans, I'm home now. Are you not happy to see me?" "Nigga! Did you not see me run across this large ass living room and into your arms? I need to reenter the room because obviously you missed it." I snapped at him with one hand on my hip, the other gesturing to the step that I was previously standing on.

"Chill B, I'm playing. So quick question. No disrespect to your company but who the hell is she? She almost got popped with her disrespectful mouth." I looked to the side to see that Tati was gone. "Stop, she didn't know. And sit down we need to talk." I grabbed his hand and led him to the couch. "Her name is Tati and she's in one of my classes. And last night I kinda uh, I kinda took her in. Her dad sold her to some man and she got away and called me. The girl has nothing and no one and I can't just let her be taken advantage of. Before I get her situated I need to make sure that you're okay and comfortable with her being here. She's just turned seventeen not long ago so she won't be here too long."

Don was quiet for a good while. I watched his face for a reaction but there wasn't one. "Babe, if it's not cool I can just put her up in my apartment." I started to say but he shook his head. "Nah, she can stay. She's not grown so she has a few rules. Nothing major but she can't just stay and do nothing. I just didn't know that you could be so caring- stop!" He threw his hands up blocking my fist. "Why you so violent now?" "Because Maleek won't let me beat him up and now I have you." I laughed before kissing him quickly.

"Hey Tati." I entered the guest room. "Hi Miss Britni." She said making me laugh. "Ugh drop the Miss, just call me Britni. I see you met my boyfriend." I sat on the bed. "Yeah, your son looks just like him minus the blue-gray eyes. Are we still going shopping?" She wondered. "Of course. I was coming to let you know that you should start getting ready. You're about the size I used to wear so I'll get you an outfit. What size shoe are you?" "Nine." "I'm a ten but I have a few sneakers that run small that you can have. And we will go do something with your hair and all. Anything specific?" I wondered. "Braids would be nice." She shrugged. I nodded and left her to get ready.

"Where you going?" I looked behind me at Don laying across the bed watching me. "Mall and dropping Tati at the African shop uptown." "And then?" He asked. "Coming home to lay up under you, feed you, fuck you. . .into a coma." I mumbled the last part. "Oh, it's gonna be like that?" He checked, raising his eyebrow. "Something like it." I smirked. "Okay, I'll be back in two hours. Take a nap because you need your rest."

After walking in and out of stores, buying Tati a whole wardrobe and some I was hungry and tired. I stopped at the phone store to get Tati a line added onto my plan and then to McDonald's for her some food before she went to the braiding salon. "You have a license right?" I checked. "Yes but I don't have a car." "If I let you drive mine can I trust that you will go straight to get your hair done and right back?" She shook her head yes.

"You can drive the Honda, I don't like you that much to let you push the Lexus or Benz." I laughed making her crack a smile. "Thanks Britni. Oh is it alright if I go stay at Lanae's tonight?" "Lanae from dance class?" "Yeah." She confirmed. "Sure but I have to talk to her mom or whoever she lives with. I'm going inside, here are the keys." I handed them over. "Silver one is the house key. To the salon and back. I have a tracker on the car so I'll know if you're there. See you tonight." I waved and entered the house.

"Back already?" Don asked once I entered the room. I nodded and crawled across the bed to him. He reached out and pulled me so that I was laying on top of him. Immediately his hands began traveling all over my backside. "You just couldn't wait, could you?" "Hell no. I missed being able to do this with you, even if you have too much clothes on." He mumbled. I climbed off of him and stripped down to my bra and panties before claiming my spot on top of him.