Eleven

I stood up from off of the ground and started dusting myself off, staring at Renee the entire time looking as though she was ready for a fight. I guess my reaction wasn't what she expected so she turned back to Adonis popping off. "You just broke up with me and you're already on to some new bitch?" She yelled at him. Shaking my head, I laughed to myself as he got told off and was blocking her hits as best he could.

I grew bored just sitting on the couch waiting for the mess to be over. We came here for one thing and that was to get his clothes. My phone lit up signaling a text from Don telling me to grab his bag from off of his bed and to come outside. Doing what he asked, I made my way to the truck he sat in. Once the passenger door was open, here was Renee making her way towards me once again. Kissing my teeth I faced her "Listen." I started off "I don't know what your problem is but you need to calm down. I don't want to fight you and honestly you don't want to fight me." She started to cut me off but I continued on "I didn't take him because Adonis isn't a possession. I don't know about you but I'm not entertaining your being childish. And you mad?" looking dead at her "Be mad at yourself for trying to fight and argue over a muthafucka who ain't shit."

She just stood there looking pretty stupid. After climbing into the car, we pulled off. "You didn't lock your door." "Yeah, I know that. My cousin in there." Silence fell up on us until we got to a red light. "So I ain't shit huh?" Rolling my eyes, I ignored him and began snapping selfies. I took about four before my phone was snatched out of my hand. "Give me my phone or I'm wrecking this car with the both of us in it." I was really trying to sound serious until Don started cracking up laughing while he accelerated after the light change. "You funny as hell B." he let me know in between laughs. "So I really ain't shit? You saying that hurt my feelings."

He was sounding so girly right now. "To her you are." "Mhm." My stomach started speaking in tongues and I know he heard it. "Can we go to your chicken spot and get some wings?" my sweet voice on a hundred. "No." "But I'm hungry." I whined folding my arms across my chest. "And so are homeless people and kids in Africa and stray dogs." Ten minutes later we made it to the wing spot where I ordered thirty honey hot wings and cheese fries with extra cheese. "Who paying for all that?" Looking at him I placed my hand on my chin as if I was in deep thought. "Do you or do you not own this spot?" My answer was a no duh kind of look. "Well then, it seems to me that it's on the house." The cashier started to laugh but cut it short at the look Adonis gave her. "Niggas always tryna get free food." he said under his breath. "What was that?" I poked him in the chest while backing him into a corner. "Nothing."

"Excuse you seven dwarfs but I said that I don't want any company" The dinner was over but I guess my friends didn't understand I wanted to get in the bed. "My house is not the party house." I quickly closed the door. A few seconds later, they were in. Walking up to Ant, I demanded my key. "Give the key here." I held my hand out only to earn a downwards high five. Laughing at the fool I pushed him. Terron came out of the kitchen with a sandwich and a bottled water. "Are you kidding me? This is not a soup kitchen! Marcus if you don't get them crusty feet off my table!" It had only been five minutes and I was sick of them so I decided to occupy Adonis' lap. After a good while, everyone left. Pulling Don before he walked out "You stay." Locking up we went upstairs.

Changing into a big tshirt I jumped on my bed. Don just lay there with one arm over his face and a hand in his pants. "Get up." He lifted his arm. "What you want?" Shrugging my shoulders, I finished a text message to Kyra to get me in the morning for our nail appointment. "I ain't smoke in the longest! I'm dying over here man!" I pretty much yelled. I was trying to quit smoking. Well the cigarettes at least. "Look alive to me." He grabbed my face causing me to slap his hands away. "You just had one of those hands all on your dick. Don't touch my face now roll up. I'm sure you have something.

"Can I ask you something?" Not wanting to be a smart ass since he just asked something already, i looked up from the blunt I was rolling. "You didn't hit her after she pushed you. Why?" Firing the bud I pulled a few times. "I'm 23 years old what do I look like being out in the street fighting? And over a man that ain't mine at that" Shaking my head "Plus that's not me. I would rather break someone down with words. I got hands though so don't get it twisted." After I finished, he pulled me on top of him. "I respect that even though I wanted you to beat her ass for pushing you. You smarter than that though." It became silent so I ran my hands under his shirt feeling on his chest as he grabbed my hips, moving them in circles on his member.

"No sex in the champagne room" I let him know. "Why?" he wanted to know lifting my shirt up over my head. Sighing he started playing with my breasts. "Can't be walking funny at the ceremony." That caused him to laugh. "I put it down huh?" I pulled my shirt back on, climbing off of him and getting under the covers. "Goodnight."

When I woke up, I went and handled my morning business and tackled my hair with the flat iron. Halfway finished Adonis walked in and began brushing his teeth and washed his face. Making his way to the toilet. "Nah I don't want to hear you pee. Go across the hall because we ain't that comfy." I said but he ignored me and continued anyway. "Swear you acting like I came to take a shit." he told me while washing his hands. "Not in my house." I wiggling my finger while trying to sound like Motumbo but completely failing. "So corny." He smiled at me. "Okay so I'll be back in a hour. If you leave lock up." I gave him a key and ran out to the car where Kyra was waiting.

When I came back from the salon, Anthony's car was sitting in my driveway. He wasn't supposed to be here, he should've been at the house with our dad getting ready for the renewal. Immediately, I knew something was wrong. Sitting my purse on the coffee table I made my way to the kitchen where I heard the two talking. Ant looked up at me "Tell me what happened." He shook his head. "Dad.. He." My heart started racing. Something was wrong with my daddy? "What happened to him?" He let out a humorless laugh. "It's actually what happened to mommy. Dad's been cheating on mommy for like six years now. Somebody placed these pictures on her windshield while she was getting her hair done this morning. She called the ceremony off and she's leaving for a little while to have space from him." That motherfucker. "Did she show the photos to you?" I wondered. "No."

No. Ant was making this up. Right? My parents were in love, my dad wouldn't cheat on my mom, his wife of twenty five years today. "Where is she?" "Home." "I'll be back then." Moving to my car as quickly as I could, I hit on my window noticing I didn't have my keys. Hands pulled me away from the car into a hug. "Come on, I'll drive you. You need to calm down." I didn't say anything following him to his truck to head to my parents.