Chapter 6

~Devin's POV~ (edited)

I now smell like a damn coffee shop all thanks to me. I was looking down at my own feet when I walked.

Now that I know how Harry - shit I need to stop doing that - Mr. Styles knew my address I feel relieved yet kinda disappointed.

Does that make sense? Probably not.

I reach my locker, turning the lock. I sometimes wonder whether my code being my fathers

birthday is a coincidence. I feel like no matter what I'm doing or saying it always relates to him in a way. I was a daddy's girl, we did everything together.

I grab my books, closing my locker and head to class. Today I'm actually early for once and when I enter his classroom there isn't a student in sight. There's only him sitting with his black framed glasses sticking from the corner of his mouth as he looks over a piece of paper in his hand. He's still wearing his coffee stained shirt and I'm sure he doesn't just carry a spare around with him.

He's leaned against the front of the desk but as soon as I step through the door he looks up and smiles a heart melting - oh my god you're going to send me to my grave - smile.

Stop!

I awkwardly smile, walking to take my seat and sit down. I can still feel his eyes on me as I pull out my journal and pencil from my bag. I lay the journal on my lap leaning it against the desk, pretending to write something down to try and distract myself.

I wonder who will speak first. Will we speak? This whole silence being comfortable thing is really starting to freak me out. I bite my lip, trying to hide the smile about to break through. He's still looking. I don't mind it though, but why is he?

I hear him clear his throat as his feet shuffle across the floor. "You're early?" it comes out more in the form a question.

"Yeah," I answer shortly while still pretending to move my pencil across the still blank piece of paper. I look up and his back is towards me, his sloppy man hand writing sweeping today's assignment across the board.

"I figured you'd be late since you didn't get home till almost three this morning."

"Maybe because my teacher kept me out so late." I sink my teeth into my lip further, trying not to laugh when he turns around, green eyes locking with mine, one eyebrow raised.

Oh, how I wish that I could read his mind right now.

"Is that so, Ms. Cavanagh?" He places the marker back on his desk, sitting down in his chair and leaning back.

"Very much so, Mr. Styles. You see..." somehow I gained a little more confidence and I'm now moving out from behind my desk, laying the journal down on the desk beside mine before sitting on top of my own. "I'm sound asleep," I lie, twirling the ends of my hair around my finger. "And I get this call from a very familiar voice, but I can't seem to put a face to him. Of course I oblige and make my journey through the rain to work a night shift at the restaurant I only just applied for." I cross one leg over the other, turning more so I can watch him. I have no clue where I'm going with this, oh well. "I reach Mama G's and I'm now covered in rain, drenched from head to toe. Thank god I wasn't wearing a white t-shirt, I would have attracted a lot of male attention. But one male in particular stood out to me, and then suddenly the voice had a face. A nice one at that."

"Where are you going with this exactly," he calls me out.

I laugh, "I really have no idea actually, I just know you're the reason I was out until three am." I would have been okay with spending the rest of the night with you, I really wanted to say. He's my teacher, but let's be realistic here, he's probably married. I look for a ring, he has his hands intertwined laying across his stomach. Okay scratch that. Well, he must have a girlfriend. I mean look at him.