Chapter 36

(I know you guys hate authors notes, but I really want you guys to do something for Me. Could you guys tweet me (cbee_2014) your favorite lines or quotes from any chapter? I just want to know which ones you guys like. If you don't have a twitter just comment ones you like. Also I had a fan make me a cover. I love it so much. Thank you. Love you all so much)

Harry's POV

"A month mate," I tell Grant, sitting back against the booth.

"So you're telling me you are risking your job to be with her?" His eyebrows knit together as he sips his beer.

"Of course. Wouldn't you?" I question him.

"Dude this isn't about me. But I guess if I loved her enough then yeah, I would."

"Exactly, now shut the fuck up." I roll my eyes. Sometimes I wonder why I'm even friends with him.

"So I'm assuming you found a place to stay then?" I ask him. When I got home from my parents beach house he was gone. I wasn't complaining.

"Yeah, just a small town house over by the mall. It cost me an arm and a leg, but I have a good job that pays well." He shrugs and finishes his beer, calling for another.

"That's good, I'm glad to have you out of my hair."

"Don't sound too enthusiastic, you know I'm your best mate. Brothers till we die remember?"

"Yeah, yeah." the bartender brings us both a round. Grant tells me how his assistant at work always wears these skirts that fit her ass perfectly. I really only hear bits and pieces of the conversation.

Grant is the kind of guy who has zero game with the ladies. It's quite funny actually. He has confidence when he's telling me, but when approaches them he shrivels up like a prune.

"Are you going to see her tonight?" He gulps down his third glass of beer.

"Are you planning on driving tonight?" I dodge his question.

"Yeah? Why?" He places his glass down. Just as he's about to wave the bartender down for another, I stop him.

"You've had three so far and from what I remember from college you couldn't hold your liquor. That's enough, I'll drive you home."

"Since when did you become the alcohol police?" the words slightly slur from his mouth.

"Since now. Lets go."

"Let me guess," he stands to his feet. "You don't drink?"

"Not a big fan of getting shit faced then waking up feeling like shit the next day. So no, not really. One beer is good for me." I lay money on the table and stride past him.

"Well are we at least going to go see your mom? I mean I could go for some biscuits and gravy?" He jogs up beside me.

"If it will sober your lightweight ass up then yeah of course we can."

He laughs, smacking his lips together. "Mmm, now we're talking."

***

When we reach the restaurant only a few cars are parked in the lot. One of them being Devin's. I honestly thought she was going to kill me, but when she broke down crying I knew she was happy, well...sort of.

I knew it was her dad's car, and I knew she needed one. Since I'm on fucking suspension I might as well have done something with my time. It wasn't a hard fix, an oil change, a new carburetor and transmission. I've actually been going in and out of the garage since I saw the car to see what it needed. Devin doesn't know that. Like I said, I wanted it to be a surprise.