Chapter 32

~Devin's POV~

My back is pressed against the wall, my wrists are trapped in his hands. I can hear the music seep through the walls of this room. The smell of the alcohol on his breath is strong. I've pushed and begged for him to stop...but he won't.

"Get off me!" I manage to scream in my drunken state. I push at him once more, but he doesn't have it. His hands tighten their grip on me, tossing me against the bed, pinning me down against my will.

***

-4 hours before-

"You're really going to try and talk me out of this aren't you?" I look at Harry as he sits at the bar of his mom's restaurant.

"Yes," he answers simply, finishing off his plate of biscuits and gravy. "End of story." I roll my eyes, taking his plate to the back.

Reese invited me to a Halloween party planned for later tonight and Harry's been nonstop trying to get me to stay with him tonight.

I'm sorry, I love Halloween. I love candy, dressing up, and well if I want to go to a party I'll go. What so wrong with that?

"The fact that you will be around alcohol scares me," he admits, answering my own internal question.

"Really...? What do you think if I have a sip I'll suddenly turn in to my mother?" I stand up straight, resting my hands on my hips.

"I don't know...lets not argue about this. Just come to my place we'll pass out candy," he cringes. "Maybe, Halloween is not my favorite Holiday."

"You're dumb if you actually think that... about the drinking that is." I untie the apron from around my back, throwing it under the bar. "Its not hereditary Harry..." I roll my eyes once more, grabbing my bag. "I'm going to buy a costume, if you have any decency left in you, you will get off that stool and come with me to watch me try things on." I turn to him as I step out from behind the bar, his eyes light up momentarily.

"Fine," he groans, "only if it means I get to see you naked."

"You are such a perv." I walk out of the restaurant and he follows. The clicking of his boots tell me he's just behind me. As I stop his hard body bounces off of mine.

"Why did you stop?" I look back at him and he's rubbing his chest.

"We're walking, you're not wasting gas to drive two blocks," I tell him.

"Is that a risk you're willing to take?" he smirks. "We'll walk through the alley ways and go in through the back," He tells me before I can answer.

***

Inside we are greeted with cobwebs and fake spiders. The building isn't as packed as you think it would be for it being Halloween.  Harry's grip on my hand has tightened. Why is he being so weird?

"What's wrong?" I look up at him.

"Nothing," his tone is clipped.

"Harry..." I push.

He sighs as we walk down an aisle of costumes. "Just not a fan of Halloween I guess." His index finger runs over the material hanging off the racks. I want to push more out of him, figure out the reason why.

My mouth decides to have a mind of it own and asks, "why?" He looks down at me, his eyes become hooded.

"Let's just find you something to wear so we can get out of here." He ignores my question.

***

Back in the fitting rooms Harry waits outside while I try on the first costume. It's nothing fancy, just a warrior. The dress comes to about the top of my thighs, it's a dark gray color with gold swirls on the stomach. It cuts off right at the top of my shoulders and has a burnt orange cape attached to the back.