Chapter 23

~ Harry's POV~

        Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

        Why the hell did I do that? Fuck. No I know exactly why I did because that little prick deserved it!

        But fortunately I'll fight my own fights.

        Yeah, same to you ginger dick. I'm not afraid to fight back if that means losing my job then so be it. All he is doing is antagonizing her and I'm sick of it.

        Once school let out, I looked over the whole school for Devin. She's pissed I'm sure. I hold her black and white journal in my hand with my pile of papers. I read the poem. I knew exactly what she was talking about.

        One black car, two men, none were him...

        I assumed her father right away.

        Two hats taken off in honor.

        All I could think was the army...

        After I gave Zaid a nice punch to the jaw, I didn't stick around to hear the whole class whisper in confusion. I headed straight for the restroom I saw her go into, to comfort her.

        Of course I was followed, by none other than her little hip buddy Reese. But I didn't care, comfort is what I gave her I held her. She tried to fight it, so I kissed her.

        Devin is where I knew she would be, under the willow tree. She always seems to be here, her knees are tucked under her chin and her head is resting on the caps of her knees. I look around so to make sure the cost is clear. 

        "Mr. Styles," a voice in the back ground calls me. Fuck. "I need to speak with you in my office now." I turn facing her and her grey hair is pulled up into a high tight bun, her clothing to tight for her figure. I shiver just looking at her, but walk the plank of death to her office as she follows behind me. 

        "Ms. Graves what exactly is it that you needed I have to be at the restaurant soon." I sigh stepping into her office as she closes the door behind us.

        "I just wanted to ask you a few questions about a certain student of yours." Shit.

        "It seems that some of the students have noticed that's you've taken quite the liking to Ms. Cavanaugh do you care to explain what that is about." I take a deep breath, closing my eyes and pinching the bridge of my nose. 

        "Listen she works at my mother’s restaurant whatever the hell you heard is wrong, I give her rides from time to time but that's about it. Do you honestly think I would be that dumb?" I look at her now, her arms crossed over her chest. God this woman repulses me and her office smells like fucking mold. 

        "Mr. Styles I never thought anything you are one of our best teachers, I was only just doing my job." Psst, fuck you sit in this damn office behind a desk all day probably writing some erotic novel and drink coffee. Don't fucking tell me you're doing your job.

        "I really am on a time crunch Ms. Graves." I rush.

        "I'm only trying to get to the bottom of this; you know it is not tolerated in this school or any for that matter for a student and a teacher to be messing around per-say." She uses quotations fingers. 

"Like I said I take her to work and home nothing more, she doesn't have a car and I was there to help so I did." I shrug looking down at my feet. 

"That's not really aloud either but I'll let this one slide as long as there is no inhalant

Intimacy involved it will be fine." Too late for that one. I smirk nodding in her direction.