Chapter 31

~Devin's POV~

"He what! When, where and how? Oh my fucking God!" Reese surprises me with her outburst from me telling her about the amazing weekend I had with Harry.

"Will you chill, sit down, and breath," I tell her, shaking my head. She inhales a deep breath, taking a seat on my worn down, brown couch, drawing all her attention to me.

"Was he good? I mean not that I care, but he's alright," she shrugs, I laugh.

"He's alright?" I raise my brow at her.

"I'm a lesbian for Christ's sake," she groans. "Okay, Mr. Styles is sexy. There I said it." She throws her hands up in the air covering her mouth.

"Listen, all I know is having sex in the rain is exhilarating. All though I have a cold now. It was the best love making I've ever had."

"Okay stop I don't need to hear about you and Mr. Styles' sex escapades." She covers her ears and scrunches her face in disgust.

"Oh shut up, you asked I told..." Sighing, I sit down next to her. "I've never felt such love for someone Reese. The scary thing is, he's my teacher. We've done way more than we should have."

"How is having sex with a teacher scary? Fuck, if I could get between Ms. Christa's legs I would," She states bluntly.

"Not the time Reese, I'm being serious. Ms. Graves is already on Harry for taking me to work. Then there's Zaid. Let's not even get started on him."

For the rest of the night, Reese listens to me babble about my weekend until she finally leaves to go home.

***

I'm now in my room with pictures of trees, birds, and couples kissing spread out across the floor. How could someone want this crap? Its all amateur. The contrast is too much, some pictures are too blurry. How did I ever think I could get a job doing this?

I push the pictures out of my way and stand up. I dont have time to look over tattered work that will never amount to nothing. If I'm going to put anything in that auction it has to be new material. Something out of my element, something that will draw people in.

I grab the towel hanging on the back of my door, heading to the shower. Hopefully this will help clear my head. I set my phone on the counter and turn on Pandora.

The beautiful melody of Zara Larsson's voice echoes throughout the bathroom, bouncing off the cream colored walls.

"Nobody sees, nobody knows, we are a secret that can't be exposed...."  I cant help but relate this song to mine and Harry's relationship. We are a secret hiding from the world, that world being the student body of Claymont High School. Everyone walks the halls with their boyfriends and girlfriends except for Harry and I. Our love is a secret we can't expose, or all hell will break lose.

"My asylum, my asylum is in your arms." When I'm with Harry, I feel safe, protected. Being in his arms is the most amazing feeling. And to know that he loves me just as much as I love him is all that matters.

"We could build a universe right here, the world could disappear..." The words float around the room, so smoothly describing everything about my relationship down to a T. I don't know how long it will be before our secret becomes exposed. But right now, I'm not going to think about that. Turning the song to something more upbeat, I slip into the shower, cleaning and shaving everything in sight. 

The week goes by and its soon Friday. Grace gave me the weekend off so I could get everything gathered up to meet with Roberts parents on Sunday. That meeting being about the auction that's not happening till December, but they insisted I show them my work soon.