Chapter 47

~Devin's POV~

"How can he just...I... What the fuck!" Reese paces as I lay back on my bed, staring up at the pattern of the popcorn ceiling. "He's on my fucking shit list if I ever see him. I'll.. I'll stick my foot so far up his ass he won't walk for weeks. Then I knee him in the balls so he can't have fucking babies, because they'll probably turn out just like him."

"Will you shut up," I say in a whisper. "Please.... The more you bring it up the more I'll think about him."

"I'm sorry dude...I'll stop. I just hate him." I don't... I should, but I don't. I love him too much to hate him. In this time being though, I just want to forget the pain. Forget him. That's exactly what I'm going to do, bringing the clear bottle to my lips I sip back the stinging liquid and forget.

***

Christmas rolls around and I'm even worse than I was a week ago. I eat, but only a little. I shower, but in the cold and dark. I'm on break till the second of January so no one has seen me but Reese and her parents. They let me move in since my mother - who I'm no longer talking to - is in rehab, and she won't be out for a while. Reese and I are planning to get our own place soon.

I haven't been to work in weeks. Grace understands, but I miss them so much. I miss her and Roberts warm hugs and it has only been a damn week. I feel like if I do go see them I'll never leave... and it will just remind me of Harry.

Maybe I should just stop by the restaurant, just to say Merry Christmas.

I would call and let them know I'm coming, but my phone has been shut off. And to be honest, it's for the best.

Once I arrive there the sign on the door says closed and the parking lot is empty.

I feel empty.

I resort to driving to the beach house. To my surprise, Grace's red BMW is parked in the driveway. The memories Harry and I shared in that car will always haunt me every time I see the car.

I just want him to come back.

Exiting the car, I pull my coat close to my body as I walk up to the door. Small muffled barks are heard as I knock. I smile knowing it's Gus. When the door swings open I nearly throw myself at the small, red headed woman.

It hasn't been long since I've seen her, but it feels like years from the way I've been feeling lately.

"Devin, dear, oh my God," she holds me tight in her small arms as my body shakes against hers, my tears covering her white blouse.

"I-I, I miss him so much," I sob into her neck. "So much."

"I know you do, love. Come on, let's get you inside, I'll make us some food and we can talk." I nod as she leads me into the kitchen.

***

The warm coffee sooths my throat as it slides down my pipe. It feels weird drinking from this white mug, it almost feels wrong drinking from this and not Harry's black one.

"How have you been, shit...sorry um."

"Its okay," I take another sip and say, "I've been better." I joke and she frowns.

"I swear my son has no brains when it comes to women." Her head shakes back and forth as she prepares our sandwiches.

"Is Robert working?" I try to change the subject.

She nods. "When isn't he. It's just Gus and I." As on que, Gus comes running into the kitchen, a shoe in his mouth.

I manage to laugh and slip from my chair, getting down at his level. If this is the closest I can get to Harry then so be it. I take the shoe from the English bull dogs mouth and pet him down his back.