Chapter 9

~Devin'sPOV~

        The ride home was quiet, but this time with the radio on low playing what sounds like Cold Play. Harry would occasionally look over in my direction and smile, but quickly look back at the road.

        Tonight at the restaurant was crazy and I'm glad I made it out of there in one piece. it's now noted that Fridays are the busiest at Mama G's. it was nice to end the night with mine and Harry's little banter.

        Of course I don't hate him, yes he's annoying, but there's something I find about him intimidating. Maybe his looks, maybe the way he looks at me. Whatever it is, I'm not sure if I'll ever find out.

        He's my teacher I'm his student it should stay that way.

        "You going to enlighten me on what your thinking about up there."

        "I'm just thinking..." I bite my bottom lip looking out the window watching the world outside pass by.

        "About?" He pushes, his car coming to a stop at the red light.

        "It's nothing Harry, I'm just tired." The light turn green, but the car doesn't move. I look over my right side to see if anyone's behind us, but there isn't a car in sight, for now. 

        "Harry the light is green what are you doing," I turn my head in his direction to find him leaning over to move a loose strand of hair that's fallen from my bun, behind my ear.

        "Um, you had a flower pedal in your hair." and sure enough when he moves his hand back theres a small white pedal between his fingers. 

        "Thanks?" The slightest brush of his skin against my cheek sent my heart leaping from my chest. He nods rolling his window down slightly letting the pedal fall from his fingers.

        "You're welcome, it must have been from the cheery blossom tree outside the restaurant." His car moves smoothly, continuing down the road finally turning down my street. 

        "Well, this is you." the car stops in front of my house

    I sigh, "yep," I grab my bag throwing it over my shoulder. "Thank you again Harry." I open the door and climb out the car closing the door and he rolls the window down.

        "See you Monday Ms. Cavanugh." he smiles pulling rom the curb driving off.

...

Monday

        "Why can't you just leave me alone Zaid!" I yell pushing him back.

        Where is Harry when I need him. 

        "Because I want a second chance Dev," I nearly puke.

        "Don't fucking call me that, It's Devin, and I'm not giving you a second chance! You do not deserve it," he fists his hair groaning.

        "Damn it Devin what will it take, please baby." My stomach turns, knots, causing me to burst out into tears. 

        "Z-zaid I c-an't...We're done." I slam my locker shut walking the opposite direction, leaving him alone as walk to the restaurant for work. Where was he...

Wednesday

        Zaid has been none stop texting and calling since Monday and I have contemplated changing my number or simply throwing my phone away. For work and school purposes I can't do either. So I resort to shutting my phone off.