Chapter 42

~Devin's POV~

Monday is finally here and today is when Harry returns back to school.

Harry is up, he enters his room and I nearly faint. I've missed seeing him in his work clothes. The white button up hangs on his shoulders as he slides his black dress slacks up his toned legs, leaving them unbuttoned at the top.

His skin is so tan, the black ink of the butterfly moves with his muscles as he moves around the room trying to find his socks. His long hair is pulled back. I want to tell him to take it down, but I keep that to myself. The cuffs of his shirt are rolled up about three times, I hadn't even noticed the cross tattoo across his forearm until now.

How did I miss that?

I keep my eyes slightly closed in hopes that he doesn't notice me watching him. By the way his lips twist into a smirk I know I've been caught.

"You going to come down and share coffee with me?" He asks. I sit up, throwing the covers from my body.

I've been at Harry's for almost a week, it feels like I'm living here now. My clothes are hanging in his closet, my toiletries are in his bathroom. He hasn't asked me to move in, but I don't think that would be a great idea considering the situation we are in with the school.

"Earth to Ms. Cavanaugh?"

"Oh, yeah, I'll be down in a minute just let me get ready." I push my thoughts behind me and grab my jeans and sweater from the closet, heading to take a shower.

After twenty minutes I find Harry in the kitchen reading the morning paper. His black framed glasses I've longed to see him in for a while are hanging just from the bridge of his nose.

"Well hello Mr. Styles, do you mind if I..." I pause, moving his arm so I can sit upon his lap. "Take a seat," he groans slightly and nods.

"Isn't this a bit familiar," he says, lifting the paper to continue reading. "I remember I could hardly keep myself together when you sat on my lap to help grade those tests."

"Mmm, I know, but me being the person that I am kept teasing you." I grab his coffee mug and take a sip. I love that this is our thing now. I know we won't be able to do it every morning, but I still love it.

"I'm still shocked that they didn't wake up from my panting alone. I honestly thought I was going to lose it and take you over my desk."

"I wouldn't have stopped you," I tell him.

"I'll keep that in mind, but," he glances at his watch. "We have to go, I'll leave first and I'll see you once we get home."

"Actually, I think it's best we stay at our own places. Don't get me wrong Harry I love staying here, but it's for your protection, your job." I think I should have kept my mouth shut and just went along with him because now he's stood up with a frown.

"I see," he answers.

"It's for the best Harry, you know it is. Please let's not fight about this. Once I'm eighteen and well...legally we can." Wrong again.

This time he leaves, grabbing his coat from the back of the brown lazyboy before leaving me in his apartment.

Great...

How do we go from being okay, to not okay that fast?

Whiplash at it's finest my dear.

Go away.

~Harry's POV~

I'm greeted with the same walls I left a month ago, nothing has really changed except for the way my desks in my classroom are placed.