Chapter 15

~Devin'sPOV~

        Monday morning comes around slowly and I'm glad. After I left my house that day I didn't stay out long. I can't really trust my mother under the influese of Whiskey. I risk it even when I go to school or work. 

       All I could think about while cleaning off the vomit of my moms nightgown was what she was talking about. Never once had I seen my parents fight when I was a child and we were an 'Oh so happy family' so I thought. 

        My mind was twisting trying to pick out any memories anything to help me figure out what in the hell she was talking about. I lay my head down on the black granite desk of the science room. The teacher is talking about some acid and some chemical that I'm clearly not interested in what-so-ever. My weekend was long and I'm exhusted. 

        "Falling asleep in class I see," The chair next to me slides back and is taken by Reese. 

        "I'm tired leave me alone."

        "Oh don't be so rude, It's Devin right?" She lays her bag on the floor scooting the chair closer to the desk, one foot crossed over the top of her knee. 

        "Whats it to you?" I keep my heaad on the desk not bothering to look up. 

        "I'm just trying to be friendly, I'm new here cut a girl some slack Jesus." 

        I finally sit up looking at her, her hair now has small blue streaks, and her hair is straight. 

"I like your hair, and yes it Devin, Nice to meet you I guess." I stick my hand out and she takes it. Damn, for a girl she sure does have a firm hand shake. 

        "So what brings you to Birmingham?" I ask, the teacher has stopped talking by now and the class is now working on an assignment. So I might as well get to know her.

        "Well, my da and ma kinda split ya know? So I'm living with my gran here, she lives in a small town house down the way." I nod, picking at my nails.

        "You from around here?" she asks.

        "Yeah, born and raised."

        "Your parents still hitched?"

        "No." I answer shortly. 

        "Ahh, touchy subject, we'll save that for when you more comfortable to talk about it." 

        I smile, "Thanks."

        "So I didn't know how to bring this up, but," she leans closer and whispers, "are you and that teacher from first class, like seeing each other or am I just going crazy."

        "I mean the way you two look at each other its like watching two lions fight over their prey." What? 

        "What?" I repeat my thought. "No, of course not, I mean yeah we're friendly with each other, but we havent done anything. " I lie. I'm sure she can see right though me by the way her lips curve into a smirk.

        "Mhm, I'm sure, if there is your secret is safe with me you know, I'm not quick to judge either," she shrugs picking at the loose flap on her worn down converse. 

        "I promise you nothing is going on between Harry and I." Shit...I mentally slap myself. I'm just so use to saying it now.

        "Ohhh, first name bases now, yeah want to lie to me again, " and her smirk grows.